Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,211 Members 51,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Time To Upgrade?

Tip us?

muzicman82
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Time To Upgrade?

Hi all,

I love this Galaxy Tab 10.1 (WiFi) but even with the CM10.0, it feels sluggish sometimes. I know it is now older tech. What ROM are you guys on? I like AOSP based ROMs more than TouchWiz..

I was thinking of selling this off (near perfect condition) and getting the Nexus 10. I would love to see benchmarks of that next to the Tab 10.1.

Thoughts?

BTW - I got an Apple iPad 4 mostly for work since AV manufactures all have apps for their products and I need to sell/use these. Honestly, the hardware is great, but I really do not like iOS, even after jailbroken and modded.

Jay Rock
Old
Thanks Meter 282
I use Infamous rom. If i had the money for a Nexus 10, I wouldve had it since it came out. Good hardware and best/latest Android versions.
LG G Pad 8.3 GPE, LG G Pad 8.3, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Galaxy S3.

mrbubba999
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Default Re: [Q] Time To Upgrade?

Same problem here, I've tried loads of roms and they all lag in some way (infamous, AOKP, CM10 and CM10.1)

Not sure what to do next, it's just no where near as smooth as my galaxy s3 phone
Doubt you'll get much for this tab and the nexus is still quite expensive

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium
Nexus 5
Stock with xposed framework

silent assassin
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I am going to buy the new nexus 7 (hopefully it will not take to long to release it) and keep my Galaxy tab. Probably will buy in 1 year a new 10 inch tab.

With CM 10.1, my tab is very nice (apart from some issues, that will be fixed). A little bit of lag from time to time, but I can live with it for the moment.