Post Reply

just received OTA update to UCAMA4

16th February 2013, 02:08 AM   |  #11  
htc.user's Avatar
Member
Flag BOS
Thanks Meter: 2
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
Re: just received OTA update to UCAMA4
It removed the option #4 when doing the free sim unlock.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360980498947.jpg
Views:	1140
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	1733104

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk HD
16th February 2013, 02:35 AM   |  #12  
htc.user's Avatar
Member
Flag BOS
Thanks Meter: 2
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
Re: just received OTA update to UCAMA4
The pic is after I used odin to put the original 4.1.1 rom back on. When it was ucama4, the #4 option was the rat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk HD
16th February 2013, 02:36 AM   |  #13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
208 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by htc.user

It removed the option #4 when doing the free sim unlock.

Attachment 1733104

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk HD

bastards
16th February 2013, 03:02 AM   |  #14  
Senior Member
Flag Tucson AZ
Thanks Meter: 24
 
215 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingaboard

bastards


So if you had done the option 4 free unlock is it not unlocked now?...noticed T-mo N2 didn't have that option the other day
16th February 2013, 04:26 AM   |  #15  
seanzscreams's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 12,767
 
3,644 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
Re: just received OTA update to UCAMA4
Can you dump your kernel and radio plz

Someone. ..anyone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
16th February 2013, 08:22 AM   |  #16  
lilmama2879's Avatar
Member
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 24
 
93 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Re: just received OTA update to UCAMA4
Quote:
Originally Posted by quarlow

Just did the update.

I was rooted before - showing as modified.

Downloaded and installed fine.

Still rooted, still modified.

Sent from my Note ][

How were u able to do that? I tried to do the ota update and my phone didn't update, but I'm still rooted (modified).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
16th February 2013, 03:38 PM   |  #17  
htc.user's Avatar
Member
Flag BOS
Thanks Meter: 2
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
Re: just received OTA update to UCAMA4
Prob was rooted with stock recovery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk HD
16th February 2013, 04:11 PM   |  #18  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
51 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Re: just received OTA update to UCAMA4
i have not received update yet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
16th February 2013, 04:53 PM   |  #19  
quarlow's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tooele, UT
Thanks Meter: 309
 
1,673 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
More
Re: just received OTA update to UCAMA4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmama2879

How were u able to do that? I tried to do the ota update and my phone didn't update, but I'm still rooted (modified).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

I was at one time running cleanrom. But, I bought a AllShare Cast Hub with my 50% coupon. I can only get that to work on stock. So, I went back to bone unrooted stock, took the OTA than granted multi view, then ran the auto root with Odin. Then I took the newer ota. It still says modified, and super su is still installed. When I open super su I didn't get any sort of error. So, I ASSumed I was still rooted.

But, when I dig deeper and tried to get root access I am not actually rooted anymore. I wonder why it says modified then. I expected to lose root, but I also expected it to remove super su.

The ota downloaded, rebooted, installed, with no hitch, when I was rooted. So, root doesn't prevent the ota from downloading. But, root was the only modification I made, nothing else, otherwise the AllShare cast doesn't work.

Sent from my Note ][
Last edited by quarlow; 16th February 2013 at 06:20 PM.
16th February 2013, 07:46 PM   |  #20  
wherestheanykey's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
204 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by quarlow

I was at one time running cleanrom. But, I bought a AllShare Cast Hub with my 50% coupon. I can only get that to work on stock. So, I went back to bone unrooted stock, took the OTA than granted multi view, then ran the auto root with Odin. Then I took the newer ota. It still says modified, and super su is still installed. When I open super su I didn't get any sort of error. So, I ASSumed I was still rooted.

But, when I dig deeper and tried to get root access I am not actually rooted anymore. I wonder why it says modified then. I expected to lose root, but I also expected it to remove super su.

The ota downloaded, rebooted, installed, with no hitch, when I was rooted. So, root doesn't prevent the ota from downloading. But, root was the only modification I made, nothing else, otherwise the AllShare cast doesn't work.

Sent from my Note ][

I did a similar update with the LK7 OTA update. I was stock rooted with all status at normal and flash counter at zero. I installed Voodoo OTA RootKeeper (v2.0.3) and ran it to get a protected copy su binary. Then let the phone flash the OTA update and reboot. I too still had SuperuserSU and appeared to be rooted, but when I tried to launch Titanium it couldn't get permission. I had to open RootKeeper and re-apply the protecyed copy of root, then everything was fine.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in AT&T Galaxy Note II General by ThreadRank