Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,883 Members 41,538 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

just received OTA update to UCAMA4

Tip us?

mikron24
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up got the update

on stock device i317 att update came Saturday 10 am La time phone seems good as usual

cheers

con_ritmo
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey View Post
I did a similar update with the LK7 OTA update. I was stock rooted with all status at normal and flash counter at zero. I installed Voodoo OTA RootKeeper (v2.0.3) and ran it to get a protected copy su binary. Then let the phone flash the OTA update and reboot. I too still had SuperuserSU and appeared to be rooted, but when I tried to launch Titanium it couldn't get permission. I had to open RootKeeper and re-apply the protecyed copy of root, then everything was fine.
I can confirm that ota rootkeeper was able to retain root with this latest ucama4 update. stock rom, stock recovery, rooted.

I did have to uninstall/reinstall supersu though...since after the update (and rootkeeper root restore) it spit out an error message every time I tried to temp hide root with supersu. After a reinstall everything is back to normal.

tangmu
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I was rooted stock, and lost root after the OTA update.

1timerlgk
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangmu View Post
I was rooted stock, and lost root after the OTA update.
Same here. Ran Odin and re-rooted without issue.

angryphoton
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by azfxstb View Post
So if you had done the option 4 free unlock is it not unlocked now?...noticed T-mo N2 didn't have that option the other day
Just checked, the unlock still works if you did the unlock before the latest update. I am on AT&T and my T-Moobil sim still worked after the update.
The Following User Says Thank You to angryphoton For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

UCLAKoolman
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Default Re: just received OTA update to UCAMA4

Damn well I need to unlock my girlfriends s3 before it gets this update!

slicingtaco
Old
Thanks Meter 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey View Post
I did a similar update with the LK7 OTA update. I was stock rooted with all status at normal and flash counter at zero. I installed Voodoo OTA RootKeeper (v2.0.3) and ran it to get a protected copy su binary. Then let the phone flash the OTA update and reboot. I too still had SuperuserSU and appeared to be rooted, but when I tried to launch Titanium it couldn't get permission. I had to open RootKeeper and re-apply the protecyed copy of root, then everything was fine.
S your saying that we should use Voodoo OTA RootKeeper to avoid unrooting through the OTA process? I would hate using the long method (Odin) to root if i lost it because this update would get rid of exynos abuse
PHN NoteII
ROM DN3
KRN Stock
RCV TWRP

TAB Sero7Pro
ROM DoPa
KRN Stock
RCV CWM

ArborRes
Old
Thanks Meter 157
I have deleted the ATT software update app to avoid dealing with this.
The security patch has been already rolled into the OC kernels used in many of current ROMs and is not needed.
For those of us who use custom ROMs, why bother with ATT update anyway?
~~~ Galaxy Note 3, the best smartphone made even better with its companion- the GEAR! ~~~

planoman
Old
Thanks Meter 153
My update had downloaded but failed to update twice. Once while rooted and I unrooted and was stock the second time? Anyone else?
OnePlus One (64GB), Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020,Galaxy S4 (32GB), Google Edition S4, S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB)
and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

livingaboard
Old
Thanks Meter 31
what recovery are you using? Stock, twrp, etc