Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Erased EVERYTHING

OP LEGEND94

16th February 2013, 12:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Lauderdale, Fl
Thanks Meter: 51

258 posts
More
I accidently erased everything from the KF2, all I have on it now is the recovery.

How can I get a rom back on the device?

When I plugged it in the computer under Device Manager it says Portable Devices >> F:/
When I go to my computer to try to enter f:/ its inaccessible.

How can I fix this?

Thanks!
16th February 2013, 02:42 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Same issue here. Understood the instruction to wipe everything before installing ROM to mean "System" and "Internal Storage" as well. Now the downloaded ROM and "gapps" zip files are gone...

Found something called "ADB Sideload" in TWRP, could that help?

Like the OP, would appreciate some help. Kindle is a brick for now...

chipsndukes
16th February 2013, 08:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Lauderdale, Fl

258 posts
More
Info 2 Back Up & Running
First You need a Fastboot Cable.
Run The Recovery Tool. (Options 1 then 2)
When its completed unplug the Fastboot Cable and press and hold the power button until the KF2 turns off.
Turn it back on and you are all set to Root it!

Rooting
[ONE-CLICK] Automated Freedom-Boot and TWRP installer
Last edited by LEGEND94; 16th February 2013 at 08:50 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to LEGEND94 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 01:59 AM   |  #4  

3 posts
OK, thanks LEGEND94, that helped !

Only difference to above: did not use a Fastboot cable to get into fastboot mode, rather fmkilo's technique here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2117224

Held off button to shut down and restarted without having to do anything else, did not have to type any command to get out of fastboot mode.

Am restarting root and ROM flashing, hopefully will work this time.

Thanks again,

chipsndukes
18th February 2013, 02:41 AM   |  #5  
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 45

229 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsndukes

OK, thanks LEGEND94, that helped !

Only difference to above: did not use a Fastboot cable to get into fastboot mode, rather fmkilo's technique here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2117224

Held off button to shut down and restarted without having to do anything else, did not have to type any command to get out of fastboot mode.

Am restarting root and ROM flashing, hopefully will work this time.

Thanks again,

chipsndukes

even though legend was OP, his method was a bit overkill, but totally fine.

Once you have recovery, or even the bootloader, you should NEVER need to restore. From the bootloader you can get into fastboot now, and from fastboot you can get the recovery.

As for putting files on, I'm not sure. I could look it up but you both got your issues solved. If someone coming here does need the help, PM me and I can look it up, but from what i remember on other android devices, usually the recovery somewhere has an option to mount USB like a storage device (probably bad wording there) but basically just like when you "turn on usb storage" in the android OS.

I am ASSUMING TWRP has something similar, and if I'm wrong, I'm sure you can always ADB to push the files onto the device from your PC in fastboot mode.
The Following User Says Thank You to iytrix For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 02:34 PM   |  #6  
Flag Cape Coral, FL
Thanks Meter: 2,975

3,670 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: Erased EVERYTHING
Quote:
Originally Posted by iytrix

even though legend was OP, his method was a bit overkill, but totally fine.

Once you have recovery, or even the bootloader, you should NEVER need to restore. From the bootloader you can get into fastboot now, and from fastboot you can get the recovery.

As for putting files on, I'm not sure. I could look it up but you both got your issues solved. If someone coming here does need the help, PM me and I can look it up, but from what i remember on other android devices, usually the recovery somewhere has an option to mount USB like a storage device (probably bad wording there) but basically just like when you "turn on usb storage" in the android OS.

I am ASSUMING TWRP has something similar, and if I'm wrong, I'm sure you can always ADB to push the files onto the device from your PC in fastboot mode.

Unfortunately usb Mount doesn't work in the kf2 twrp. I would love the option.

You CAN adb sideload from twrp though.

--
Sent from my Kindle Fire 2, CM 10.1
19th February 2013, 02:35 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Lauderdale, Fl

258 posts
More
What I did above is the easiest way, the sideload didn't even work!
20th February 2013, 11:39 AM   |  #8  

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsndukes

One change to the above statement. I did have to get out of fastboot mode, but it was confusing how because the terminal emulator was now gone.

I did this instead via a command window with the Fire plugged into the computer. I sent the "fastboot -i0x1949 oem idme bootmode 1" command while in the root directory for the KF2_SRT_10.2.3 restore package, there is a fastboot.exe file there.

Hope that helps.

chipsndukes

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread