Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,595 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[modem]atti317ucama4[cwm]

Tip us?

MarcianoS
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default Re: [modem]atti317ucama4[cwm]

Question: the new OTA also removed the option to SIM unlock for free. Will flashing this modem do that too?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

JVogler
Old
Thanks Meter 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorQMM View Post
This flashes the modem.bin file... which writes to a separate DevBlock (partition).. won't write to /system, /data, /boot, /cache. I flashed this MA4 modem over my LK7 modem (while running CleanROM v4.5).. works fantastic. I'd recommend backing up your current modem partition (in on TWRP), then flash this... if it doesn't workout better for you, restore your current modem.
I did exactly this last night, and everything went fine. Still experiencing Wifi dropout though. Only solution is to turn off Wifi PSM via the *#0011# menu...but I have to reapply with every reboot. Was hoping the issue would be solved with new modem, but at least I'm getting better wifi upload speeds when it stays connected.

-- Note II, TapaTalk II--

yankeesfan714
Old
Thanks Meter 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by NunHugger View Post
Here is the modem from the 2/15/2013 ATT OTA update. Flash in the recovery of your choice.

ATTI317UCAMA4ModemCWM.zip
Seems to be faster than k7 on jedi xpx. Thanks man.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda premium

ssewk2x
Old
Thanks Meter 1,360
I just installed the newest AT&T modem. After picking "reboot system" in TWRP, I noticed a little flakiness on 4G and WiFi data. Powering the phone down completely and restarting seems to have gotten rid of it. Just posting in case anyone else sees similar stuff.
--
ssewk2x aka Efpophis

Verizon Fascinate (retired)
AT&T Note II - PAC-man (whatever nightly I managed to flash last), Devil kernel (latest, possibly my own custom build)

joogle
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Right now I am on stock AT&T Note 2 phone using it on T-mobile, the phone is rooted though.

Is there a way to backup my existing modem before flashing this one? I am using CWM.

Thanks

ToledoG28
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by joogle View Post
Right now I am on stock AT&T Note 2 phone using it on T-mobile, the phone is rooted though.

Is there a way to backup my existing modem before flashing this one? I am using CWM.

Thanks
Latest twrp gives the option to backup modem.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium