Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,477 Members 40,217 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Guide: Flashing Verizon/AT&T Roms(List of Confirmed Roms)

Tip us?

micahman
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyinid View Post
Have you flashed Tweaked?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
No, how do you like it? How's the battery life? Maybe I'll give it a go tonight.
The Following User Says Thank You to micahman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mikeyinid
Old
Thanks Meter 2,489
Default Re: Guide: Flashing Verizon/AT&T Roms

Quote:
Originally Posted by micahman View Post
No, how do you like it? How's the battery life? Maybe I'll give it a go tonight.
I've owned every phone you can imagine. Literally. And it's one of the best stock based roms I've ever seen. And the developer is badass. If you find a problem he fixes it. 1.4 should be dropping tomorrow and is gonna have some cool new features. As far as battery life, I've been off the charger for about 12 hours and with 2 hours screen on I'm at 74%. No complaints.

Follow me on Twitter @mikeyinid
The Following User Says Thank You to mikeyinid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tiffany84
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2,879

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I've owned every phone you can imagine. Literally. And it's one of the best stock based roms I've ever seen. And the developer is badass. If you find a problem he fixes it. 1.4 should be dropping tomorrow and is gonna have some cool new features. As far as battery life, I've been off the charger for about 12 hours and with 2 hours screen on I'm at 74%. No complaints.

I agree. Tweaked is a great rom and so is the developer. If your looking for a rom that doesn't stray far from the stock look CleanROM is a great choice but if your looking for something that also has some really cool mods baked in like TSM Parts then I highly recommend Tweaked . It's great on battery life to. Jedi is a really good rom as well. Haven't tried any Verizon or Sprint Roms. I also really like Novella which is an AT&T rom.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiffany84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tigerz0202
Old
Thanks Meter 243

DONATE TO ME
So if the Rom dont include a modem then u just flash as normal. Seems like there could be room for error here, flashing roms that are not made for your device could lead to a soft bricked device and cause the kernel to go into bootloops. I would at least flash a tmobile kernel along with any Rom I chose to flash

If i have helped you any please hit the thanks button

shane1diamond
Old
(Last edited by shane1diamond; 18th February 2013 at 03:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany84 View Post
Just wanted to say you really shouldn't even need to flash a modem unless the rom your wanting to flash contains a modem. If the rom contains a modem then you'll need to flash a T-Mobile modem otherwise you will still have the same modem you had before flashing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerz0202 View Post
Was gonna say the same thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by micahman View Post
I second cleanrom by far the best rom for our phones IMO.
Quote:
So if the Rom dont include a modem then u just flash as normal. Seems like there could be room for error here, flashing roms that are not made for your device could lead to a soft bricked device and cause the kernel to go into bootloops. I would at least flash a tmobile kernel along with any Rom I chose to flash
Sorry All im out of thanks otherwise you would have received one from me for these very useful posts! Clean rom was the rom i was wanting to try but wasnt sure if i could. thank you all for the clarification on that and on modem. Also where might i find the tweaked rom you speak of? att or verizon? Thanks!

jeremyandroid
Old
Thanks Meter 2,234

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Agreed, Im not a dev and dont claim to be and im not a port master. First off you may sooner or later run into unforeseen issues such as aps fc or gps not locking , loss of data unexpected or loss of cell service possibly. Now you may fair out ok with doing this with the t.mo/att gsm phones. But going to where the coding is different such as Verizon/Sprint and I'm assuming partitions you stand a high chance to ME for a permanent break and not just a soft brick. I would be scared to try it. I have heard of a patch that some Verizon user's use as they have used my roms. But I would love for a dev to step in a set the record straight as they could shed light in it for us all.

JDEVIL ZODIAC POWERED ROMS
CUSTOM KERNELS FOR LINUX MACHINES, CUSTOM ROMS, PEN-TESTING,COMPUTER SECURITY, NETWORK SECURITY,CUSTOM PATCH AND SCRIPTING, HELP WITH ALL DEBIAN/UBUNTU BASED DISTROS, ALL TYPES OF SOFTWARE AND EBOOKS ON COMPUTER LANGUAGES,PEN-TESTING,ANY SOFTWARE TUTORIAL EBOOKS. BEGINNER-EXPERT INBOX ME FOR WHAT YOU MAY WANT TO GET PRICES ON
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeremyandroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

micahman
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:

Sounds awesome. I'm going to try it after work. Thanks man!

r3dp0is0n2012
Old
Thanks Meter 141

DONATE TO ME

It didnt Work with ROM jellybomb from sprint... something about it could not encrypt device and ask to reboot and then the same thing happened...no bueno.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to r3dp0is0n2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

omar m5
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Hey guys, I have tried the CleanRom from att thread but when I got to aroma I chose Tmobile modem but the recovery keeps restarting .. any idea ??

jeremyandroid
Old
(Last edited by jeremyandroid; 18th February 2013 at 04:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2,234

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar m5 View Post
Hey guys, I have tried the CleanRom from att thread but when I got to aroma I chose Tmobile modem but the recovery keeps restarting .. any idea ??

JDEVIL ZODIAC POWERED ROMS

Probably because the framework and apns and cnc and jars and build prop are conflicting from att to t mobile and add libs to that if you try a Sprint or Verizon versions lol good look to everyone on here that listens to this guide. Sorry to say . You will end up with breaking something permanent.

Im pulling away from this waste of time .Dont say I didn't warn against this method. No disrespect to OP just my opinion
CUSTOM KERNELS FOR LINUX MACHINES, CUSTOM ROMS, PEN-TESTING,COMPUTER SECURITY, NETWORK SECURITY,CUSTOM PATCH AND SCRIPTING, HELP WITH ALL DEBIAN/UBUNTU BASED DISTROS, ALL TYPES OF SOFTWARE AND EBOOKS ON COMPUTER LANGUAGES,PEN-TESTING,ANY SOFTWARE TUTORIAL EBOOKS. BEGINNER-EXPERT INBOX ME FOR WHAT YOU MAY WANT TO GET PRICES ON

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeremyandroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]