SP Flash tools - dump ROM, no ROOT needed
Thanks a lot for your reply. I tried to summarise all the procedure below. The links you see are from my Dropbox so no security issues. I hope you manage to follow all the steps.
1. Installation of the of the MT6575 USB VCOM drivers
And unzip it.
I had problems installing this, so I would go directly to the Windows hardware wizard and install it from there:
- Start c/windows/system32/hdwwiz.exe (as admin)
- Click next
- Manually select hardware
- List all devices
- Select the driver (for example usb2ser_Win764.inf)
- from the List select "MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM Port"
(or you can install other drivers from the list if Preloader is not enough… normally it is)
2. Let’s see if the preloader is recognised:
- Turn off your phone.
- Remove the battery.
- Connect your phone via the USB cable and wait for it to be found.
It should be found. You can also check in the Device Manager -> Ports. The Preloader Mediatek preloader should be there.
3. Install SP Flash tools.
Download it from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b295etf57v...v3.1224.01.rar
4. Download the scatter file for this ROM
(my copy): https://www.dropbox.com/s/frkg77bx1b...atter_emmc.txt
Keep the same name: MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt
5. Open SP Flash Tool
Click Scatter-loading button to load the correct scatter file: MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt
and ignore any message that may appear.
6. If the phone is still connected to the PC, remove the USB plug, wait a few seconds and connect it again.
REMEMBER: Turn off your phone, remove the battery before connect the USB (and don't turn on the phone!).
The SP Flash Tool should show something on the bottom bar when you reconnect your phone.
7. Do a Read-Back
(dump the rom to the PC):
- In SP flash tool go to the tab read-back:
- Click Add
- Click twice in the row created
- Add the file name as in the table below and OK
- Add Hexadecimal addresses for start and length as in the table below (don’t worry if SP Flashes add more zeros after the 0x).
Those addresses are based on the scatter file. For example, let's say that you wish to backup the boot image (BOOTIMG partition), taking into consideration that it begins on 0xf88000 and the next partition (RECOVERY) begins on 0x1588000, then the partition size is 0x1588000 - 0xf88000 = 0x600000 (You can type this on google and it gives you the answer!)
- Do this for all the entries in the table
- Once this is done, click on the “Read Back” button. If the SP Flash tools does nothing, just unplug and plug back again the USB cable (remember, no battery!)
Name Start adress Length FileName
PRELOADER 0x0 0x40000 preloader_e1901_v77_jdt1_9p017.bin
DSP_BL 0x40000 0x5C0000 DSP_BL
MBR 0x600000 0x4000 MBR
EBR1 0x604000 0x4000 EBR
UBOOT 0xf28000 0x60000 uboot_e1901_v77_jdt1_9p017.bin
BOOTIMG 0xf88000 0x600000 boot.img
RECOVERY 0x1588000 0x600000 recovery.img
SEC_RO 0x1b88000 0x600000 secro.img
LOGO 0x21e8000 0x300000 logo.bin
ANDROID 0x26e8000 0x31900000 system.img
CACHE 0x33fe8000 0x20100000 cache.img
USRDATA 0x540e8000 0x20100000 userdata.img
It should save all the files in the path you gave.
This link show some images of the SP Flash tool in case you may check the behaviour of the procedure: http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspo...x3-device.html
Now you can Zip everything and make it available on Dropbox for example.
Hope you manage to do all this.