Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,205 Members 40,292 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Right, that's it: I'm done with this piece of crap

Tip us?

boominski
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Right, that's it: I'm done with this piece of crap

First off: I am not anti-Google. I use all the main Google apps. I have had four Android phones, own 2 Nexus 7's and would take Android over iOS any day of the week.

But...

I am through with this piece of crap that passes for the Nexus 10.

Since buying this thing when it first came out I have had to put up with dodgy wifi connections, creaky flexing back panels, random freezes and reboots, and - worst of all - deal-breakingly poor quality control on the screens. I have been through several RMAs with Google Play (to the point where they are refusing to send me any more replacements - and at the moment they are not even replying to my emails) and am now on my 5th device. All of the devices have had unacceptable levels of light bleed, and - worse still - blotchy screens with uneven yellow or blue tints. I have been through nightmares with the Play store and TNT trying to get devices returned and shipped, and have a pile of email correspondence so long that it could be turned into a Peter Jackson trilogy. The Play store is staffed by some of the greatest morons that I have ever had the misfortune to have to deal with. I have constantly been given wrong or misleading information, and have had to harass and badger them at every stage to get anything done. I still have a device listed as 'pending' on my Google Wallet that has long since been returned, despite being told on numerous occasions that an 'expert' was going to remove it.

For anyone with a perfect device, or who is just happy with their's however it is: I am genuinely pleased for you. This could, and more importantly, should, have been an amazing piece of kit. But as it is, my time with the Nexus 10 has been, without any shadow of a doubt, the absolute worst customer experience I have had in my entire life, by a long country mile.

My blotchy, creaky, light bleedy slab of **** is going back. I'll be getting a full refund and returning to my long neglected iPad. Which actually works like it's supposed to.

YMMV
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to boominski For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mchahn
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Default my two cents

When you got the second sample and were still unhappy then it was masochistic to keep trying. You should have given up and ended the pain way before getting to the fifth device. Clearly it is not designed to the quality you require and most, if not all, of the samples were probably typical of the quality of everyone else's.

Crap is in the eye of the beholder. Many others, including myself, are not sensitive to the defects you point out. I don't care about an occasional reboot (which only happened in the first day for me), the light bleed, case cracking sounds, etc. Different people have different needs.

You were asking the support people to make the product right for you, which is probably impossible given that particular design. How do you expect them to behave? They certainly aren't going to say the nexus 10 is **** and they also can't say that you are wrong. The nexus 10 is not **** for most people and you are not wrong for wanting a particular level of quality.

To make a long story short you should walk away and spend your energy finding something better instead of banging your head against a lost cause.
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to mchahn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ted C.
Old
(Last edited by Ted C.; 16th February 2013 at 11:21 AM.)
Thanks Meter 17
+1 for "my two cents"
Nexus 10, Rastakat 4.4.2_r1(3-14-14), franco.Kernel - r17, Naked Browser, and proud toolkit user!

Toolkits don't kill Nexus tablets, people do!.

Jayrod1980
Old
Thanks Meter 595
Default Re: Right, that's it: I'm done with this piece of crap

Well it took me forever to get a good one... Returns and repairs but its pretty good now.

Funny you praise the nexus 7 while cursing this one. I got 8 crap n7s in a row. Finding one without bleed and lifted screen is like finding a unicorn. The ones not plagued by screen issues are pretty cool... The same can be said for the n10.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

styckx
Old
Thanks Meter 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by boominski View Post
First off: I am not anti-Google. I use all the main Google apps. I have had four Android phones, own 2 Nexus 7's and would take Android over iOS any day of the week.

But...

I am through with this piece of crap that passes for the Nexus 10.

Since buying this thing when it first came out I have had to put up with dodgy wifi connections, creaky flexing back panels, random freezes and reboots, and - worst of all - deal-breakingly poor quality control on the screens. I have been through several RMAs with Google Play (to the point where they are refusing to send me any more replacements - and at the moment they are not even replying to my emails) and am now on my 5th device. All of the devices have had unacceptable levels of light bleed, and - worse still - blotchy screens with uneven yellow or blue tints. I have been through nightmares with the Play store and TNT trying to get devices returned and shipped, and have a pile of email correspondence so long that it could be turned into a Peter Jackson trilogy. The Play store is staffed by some of the greatest morons that I have ever had the misfortune to have to deal with. I have constantly been given wrong or misleading information, and have had to harass and badger them at every stage to get anything done. I still have a device listed as 'pending' on my Google Wallet that has long since been returned, despite being told on numerous occasions that an 'expert' was going to remove it.

For anyone with a perfect device, or who is just happy with their's however it is: I am genuinely pleased for you. This could, and more importantly, should, have been an amazing piece of kit. But as it is, my time with the Nexus 10 has been, without any shadow of a doubt, the absolute worst customer experience I have had in my entire life, by a long country mile.

My blotchy, creaky, light bleedy slab of **** is going back. I'll be getting a full refund and returning to my long neglected iPad. Which actually works like it's supposed to.

YMMV
Cool story
Current OS: Dual boot / Windows 8 & Ubuntu 13.04
Current PC i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz / 8GB Mushkin Enhanced Redline @ 1600MHz / 2X - GTX 680 Twin Frozr SLI / P8Z68 DELUXE / 2TB/1TB/1TB
Current active devices: Nexus 4 / Nexus 10 / Chromecast
Former devices: Nexus 7 / Nexus S 4G / Galaxy Tab 10.1 / Samsung Epic 4G / Samsung Moment
Google+ Profile: DELETED

Randomwalker
Old
Thanks Meter 64
You know, I can see your point, but I can't see how it merits a new thread here.

What do we gain from reading it? What do you gain from us having read it? (I can totally understand what you gained by writing it, but why not pin in on a wall, be it real or virtual?).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Randomwalker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mchahn
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomwalker View Post
You know, I can see your point, but I can't see how it merits a new thread here.

What do we gain from reading it? What do you gain from us having read it? (I can totally understand what you gained by writing it, but why not pin in on a wall, be it real or virtual?).
It is possible @boominski is a troll. Just saying.
The Following User Says Thank You to mchahn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

espionage724
Old
Thanks Meter 506

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomwalker View Post

He is sharing his bad experience. Anyone looking to buy a Nexus 10 should be aware of both the good side, and bad sides.

Device Ownership:

Current Devices:
None
Side Devices:
Nexus 7 (grouper) (franco.Kernel + Rasbeanjelly)
Galaxy Rush (SPH-M830) (Stock)

Ex Devices:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 (SGH-T849)
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113)
Galaxy Prevail (SPH-M820) (KoumaKernel + CTMod)
Nexus 4 (LGE960/mako) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber)
Nexus 10 (GT-P8110/manta) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to espionage724 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mchahn
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by espionage724 View Post
He is sharing his bad experience. Anyone looking to buy a Nexus 10 should be aware of both the good side, and bad sides.
There is a difference between useful sharing of a bad experience and trashing it. He seems to be saying that he was harmed and the world owes him something. No company owes anyone anything unless they misrepresent the product or are outright fraudulent.

I actually feel sorry for the support team on this one. Sending 5 units is beyond the call of duty. I would quit responding to his emails also. A friend of mine worked in support and he called these customers "screamers". There was nothing you could do to make them happy. He wanted to tell them to give up and buy a competitors product but he could have lost his job for saying that.

It is *possible* he is an apple fan coming here to troll. I'm not accusing him but I've seen this on other forums many times. The fact that he says he is going back to his iPad is a clue.
The Following User Says Thank You to mchahn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Andrewtst
Old
Thanks Meter 1,401

DONATE TO ME
I feel so sorry to the customer service handle your case.

Such customer shall be doing such job to learn the lesson.

Requesting 5 times changing was ridiculous. If 2nd change not fulfil your requirements. Stop continue and by just requested for full refund as it was known the thing never right nor matter how many times you change it.

It was great for your continue using back your satisfied iPad.

Think twice in future before repeating such hilarious attitude.
Phone: Redmi Note & HTC ONE (M8) | ROM: Stock (Redmi) & Android Revolution HD 10.2 (M8)
Future Phone: Xiaomi Mi4

Ex. Phone: Nokia 3310, Samsung S500, Nokia 7610, 7270, 7280, SE K750, Nokia N73, LG Viewty KU990, Samsung Pixon, UltraTOUCH, OMNIA II, Nokia 3120 Classic, Google Nexus One, Samsung Galaxy S II, S III, Sony Xperia Z, Z Ultra, Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Tablet: Sony Xperia Tablet Z | ROM: Stock v10.5.A.0.230
Future Tablet: Still Finding

Ex. Tablet: Google Nexus 10

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrewtst For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]