Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,239 Members 49,786 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Right, that's it: I'm done with this piece of crap

Tip us?

espionage724
Old
Thanks Meter 505

DONATE TO ME
Idk, on one hand, if he really wanted the device, 5 tries at it doesn't seem too bad. On the other hand, if decent QC was actually existent, then so many replacements wouldn't have to be issued to find an "acceptable" device (for $400 I wouldn't deal with excessive screen bleed nor a creaky back either; luckily I have neither on my first device though).

So, it's either deal with the QC flaws on a $400 device, or annoy CS because of lack of QC. Maybe annoying them will actually make Google/Samsung do some better QC

As for the Apple part, I do agree it is kind of unnecessary. But then again if that's the tablet that works for him, then meh.

Device Ownership:

Current Devices:
None
Side Devices:
Nexus 7 (grouper) (franco.Kernel + Rasbeanjelly)
Galaxy Rush (SPH-M830) (Stock)

Ex Devices:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 (SGH-T849)
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113)
Galaxy Prevail (SPH-M820) (KoumaKernel + CTMod)
Nexus 4 (LGE960/mako) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber)
Nexus 10 (GT-P8110/manta) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber
The Following User Says Thank You to espionage724 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

boominski
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchahn View Post
There is a difference between useful sharing of a bad experience and trashing it. He seems to be saying that he was harmed and the world owes him something. No company owes anyone anything unless they misrepresent the product or are outright fraudulent.

I actually feel sorry for the support team on this one. Sending 5 units is beyond the call of duty. I would quit responding to his emails also. A friend of mine worked in support and he called these customers "screamers". There was nothing you could do to make them happy. He wanted to tell them to give up and buy a competitors product but he could have lost his job for saying that.

It is *possible* he is an apple fan coming here to troll. I'm not accusing him but I've seen this on other forums many times. The fact that he says he is going back to his iPad is a clue.
Not trolling at all. Actually reading this on my Nexus 7 rather than my iPad. Android is so far ahead of iOS it feels like a backward step to have to use it. Was going to sell the thing if the Nexus 10 turned out right. Such a shame since the N10 pisses all over the iPad in every respect. Apart from the defective screen, obviously. I can overlook the creaks (put it in a case) and the light bleed (don't watch films in the dark).I can even overlook the WiFi and reboot issues, but an uneven screen is a deal breaker. I use my tablets primarily for reading, so yellow patches are highly distracting. And as for the Play Store staff: I have come across some who have been extremely helpful, but I've also been repeatedly given wrong information, lied to and messed about. The customer service is genuinely appalling. As for just giving in: it took me three exchanges to get a decent iPad (uneven screen again), so am not inclined to throw in the towel. What would make me happy? A reasonably uniform screen. I'm not looking for perfection. I know these are mass produced consumer products. But equally I see no reason to spend 300 on something sub-standard. If Google don't want me returning things then they should get their quality control sorted out. And yes - writing this has been cathartic.

mymusicathome
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Default Re: Right, that's it: I'm done with this piece of crap

Good bye

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

styckx
Old
Thanks Meter 1457
Quote:
Originally Posted by espionage724 View Post
He is sharing his bad experience. Anyone looking to buy a Nexus 10 should be aware of both the good side, and bad sides.
As someone who has worked in retail for 17 year in positions that involve selling the general public goods what you hear from over the top customers is usually about 40% truth and 60% exaggeration in the hopes it will escalate their problem and get it resolved quickly to `their' satisifaction. Typically what is considered `their satisfaction' is a set of goal posts that never stops moving.

The replacement collectors I pay no attention to.. There is one dude around here that his signature is how he's had 5 Nexus 10 replacements and 5 Nexus 4 replacements.. Seriously.. I can't take that seriously..
Current OS: Dual boot / Windows 8 & Ubuntu 13.04
Current PC i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz / 8GB Mushkin Enhanced Redline @ 1600MHz / 2X - GTX 680 Twin Frozr SLI / P8Z68 DELUXE / 2TB/1TB/1TB
Current active devices: Nexus 4 / Nexus 10 / Chromecast
Former devices: Nexus 7 / Nexus S 4G / Galaxy Tab 10.1 / Samsung Epic 4G / Samsung Moment
Google+ Profile: DELETED
The Following User Says Thank You to styckx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

boominski
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by styckx View Post
As someone who has worked in retail for 17 year in positions that involve selling the general public goods what you hear from over the top customers is usually about 40% truth and 60% exaggeration in the hopes it will escalate their problem and get it resolved quickly to `their' satisifaction. Typically what is considered `their satisfaction' is a set of goal posts that never stops moving.

The replacement collectors I pay no attention to.. There is one dude around here that his signature is how he's had 5 Nexus 10 replacements and 5 Nexus 4 replacements.. Seriously.. I can't take that seriously..
Which part of my post do you think is an exaggeration? The part where I said that I wasn't looking for perfection, could live with light bleed, wifi drop-outs and reboots, but drew the line at wanting a 'reasonably' even screen in terms of temperature and light distribution was a clue as to what I consider my 'goalposts' to be. My iPad isn't perfect: the screen is not 100% uniform and it has minor light bleed. My Nexus 7 isn't perfect: it has some light bleed, wifi drop-outs and the screen flicker issue. My Android phone isn't perfect: the screen is not 100% even. But are they acceptable? Yes. Because. even though consumer devices are not perfect, they are of a 'reasonable' quality.

That = 'goalposts'.

Why is that too hard for some people to understand?

Andrewtst
Old
Thanks Meter 1369

DONATE TO ME
Nothing in this world is perfection.

From all you write, you are finding for perfection but just not admit only.

Why life so hard? You can't be happy and satisfied forever as you are too towards for perfection. They is no such thing in this world!
Phone: HTC ONE (M8) | | Kernel: Stock | ROM: ViperOneM8 v1.8.0 - 4.4.2 KitKat
Future Phone: ~ nil

Ex. Phone: Nokia 3310, Samsung S500, Nokia 7610, 7270, 7280, SE K750, Nokia N73, LG Viewty KU990, Samsung Pixon, UltraTOUCH, OMNIA II, Nokia 3120 Classic, Google Nexus One, Samsung Galaxy S II, S III, Sony Xperia Z, Z Ultra, Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Tablet: Sony Xperia Tablet Z | ROM: Stock v10.5.A.0.230 - 4.4.2 KitKat
Future Tablet: Still Finding

Ex. Tablet: Google Nexus 10
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrewtst For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

voodooevil
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Thumbs down this thing is sooo slugish and freezes after 4.2.2 update

this thing is going to my sisters 7 year old. I already told him if he drops and breaks it he will be doing us all a favor. ever since the 4.2.2 update it became laggy in all areas.
i think the only good thing about this thing was the ppi.....i did a lot of ebook reading.
I ordered ( just got the confirmation from microsoft) a surface pro. sorry google, i tried so many times along with 4 rma's and i just cant do this any more. please open those brick motar stores you keep talking about. it will make it easier for us to return your products.
...joe

atg284
Old
(Last edited by atg284; 17th February 2013 at 03:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 56
The customer service representatives tell you to return it until you get one you are satisfied with. Not the other way around. They are quick to offer another RMA. I stopped after the second one had horrible light bleed because I didn't want to play THEIR game any more. I got a refund and got the hell out of the crappy RMA merry go round. I'm waiting to hear if they have fixed the quality control issues but sadly it still sounds like a crap shoot.

FreakPrism
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooevil View Post
this thing is going to my sisters 7 year old. I already told him if he drops and breaks it he will be doing us all a favor. ever since the 4.2.2 update it became laggy in all areas.
i think the only good thing about this thing was the ppi.....i did a lot of ebook reading.
I ordered ( just got the confirmation from microsoft) a surface pro. sorry google, i tried so many times along with 4 rma's and i just cant do this any more. please open those brick motar stores you keep talking about. it will make it easier for us to return your products.
...joe
Really? for me after 4.2.2 I find the tablet is more responsiveness and battery life is improved - not sluggish at all. I have not had a reboot so far while using the tabet but did experience a few wifi drops (reconnected after a few seconds). Still trying to figure out where wifi drops happen as I'm running a Asus RT-N66U (with Tomato firmware).

I am running stock and lost root after the OTA upgrade. Have you tried a factory reset?

Grimthorr
Old
(Last edited by Grimthorr; 17th February 2013 at 04:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Default Re: Right, that's it: I'm done with this piece of crap

I genuinely can't believe that people see the need to RMA their N10 (or any device) due to the smallest things that they've found by specifically looking for them. Yes my N10 has light bleed and yes it did have problems with rebooting (before 4.2.2) but it doesn't bother me.

I would never use an LCD screen on full brightness in a dark room so will never notice the small amounts of light bleed it has. The reboots are a software issue that can be fixed by an update and are so infrequent that they are almost insignificant anyway. And a 'creaky back' definitely doesn't warrant getting the thing replaced; it's plastic so is bound to creak when you purposely flex it which you're not supposed to do.

Is anyone else shocked by the sheer number of people that will happily request multiple replacements because of the stupidest things and then wonder why the price increases or the customer service seems rushed? They've somehow got pay for all the testing, repackaging, restocking and reselling of these apparently 'defective' devices.
Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 (16GB)
    • 01/06/2012: my first real Android device
    • 24/12/2012: suffered sudden death syndrome while charging
    • 10/01/2013: motherboard replaced under warranty
  • ROM: AOSPA ParanoidAndroid 3+ (Android 4.2.2, JDQ39, XXEMC2)
  • Kernel: Googy-Max
  • Recovery: ClockworkMod (Touch) 6.0.3.1
Google Nexus 10 (32GB)
  • ROM: Stock 4.2.2
  • Kernel: Stock
  • Recovery: Stock

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grimthorr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]