[KERNEL][4.3/4.4][AOSP] ¤ BMS ¤ d2tmo 3.4.y [2014-08-03]
With morfic's blessing, here's the continuation of the Trinity kernel in another form for AOSP Jellybean 4.2.
This was originally mainly developed for the Verizon SGS3, but some requests for a different versions were sent in. This is a blind build as I do not have a T-Mobile unit to test with. However, it has been tested and should work on T-Mobile.
- Based on CM10.1 source
- Built with latest Linaro GCC 4.7 with optis
- Ramdisk tweaked (init.d support, unsecure)
- OC up to 1.836Ghz
- Stock GPU (OC makes no difference)
- User voltage control
- Trinity colors
- Defaults to tweaked ondemand governor and row scheduler.
-- Available for user
---- msm-dcvs, interactive, conservative, ondemand, performance, wheatley, smoothass2, badass, asswax, dancedance, smartmax, ondemandplus
---- noop, deadline, row, cfq, sio, sioplus, bfq, zen
- USB Fast Charge (credit to imoseyon and chad)
- fsync control (credit Ezekeel)
- Removal of mpdecision, uses tweaked auto_hotplug driver (credit to thalamus)
- Removal of thermald
- fix_permissions added to zip
- CM wifi tether WPA/WPA2 secure support
- Faux sound mod support
To install (no need to wipe anything
- Download .zip below and place on your internal or external sdcard
- Reboot into CWM or the recommended TWRP
- Flash .zip
- If you do not default to ondemand/row, check your /system/etc/init.d/ for startup scripts or the /system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh file to see if it's writing interactive/cfq to the scaling_governor and the scheduler.
I've pushed my build towards battery savings and it's been handling duties pretty well. Let me know how it works out for you. As with all things custom, please take all precautions (backups). Tested against CM, AOKP, BB7 and Carbon so far. Please let me know if you run into any issues.
Feel free to use your preferred kernel app for adjustments.
***** PLEASE CHECK WHICH ROM YOU ARE RUNNING. 3.0.y based roms can't use 3.4.y kernels and vice versa. *****
Download latest 3.0.y Build d2tmo
Download latest 3.4.y Build d2tmo
Thanks to morfic and all the devs! And to TheSeanTeam for posting and supporting this as long as they were able.
BMS AOSP Kernel for d2tmo, Kernel for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III
Kernel Special Features: