5,604,219 Members 49,543 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[How-to]Root Android 4.2.2 And Install CWM v6.0.2.3

Tip us?

udimars30
Old
(Last edited by udimars30; 16th February 2013 at 05:45 PM.) Reason: new link for fastboot files
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 200

DONATE TO ME
Tablet [How-to]Root Android 4.2.2 And Install CWM v6.0.2.3

Here We have the Root And CWM for Nexus 7 On Android 4.2.2!

Step 1 - Download Android SDK from the Android Developers website and install with USB drivers. See: How to Set Up Android SDK (Fastboot / ADB) on Windows.

Step 2 - Enable USB Debugging mode in your Nexus 7 tablet.

Step 3 - Download Fastboot and extract it in android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory. Create directory if not already there.

NOTE: Skip Steps 1, 2, 3 if you already have them.

Step 4 - Download SuperSU v1.04 (UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.04.zip) and copy it to your sdcard on your Nexus 7 tablet.

Step 5 - Make sure you have backup your data as it will be removed. Then switch OFF your Nexus 7.

Step 6 - Download recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.3-grouper.img and copy/paste it in the android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory.

Step 7 - Now go into Fastboot Mode on Nexus 7. How? Press Volume Down + UP + Power key for a few seconds till you see some text on the screen.
Step 8 - Navigate to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).

Step 9 - Type in the following command and press Enter.

Quote:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.3-grouper.img
Step 10 - Once completed, choose RECOVERY MODE from the Fastboot menu and enter Recovery Mode.

Step 11 - Then scroll down to “flash zip from SD card” and press the Power button to select it.

Step 12 - Press the Power button again and select “choose zip from sdcard”.

Step 13 - Now using your volume keys, navigate to the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.04.zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.

Step 14 - After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu. Then Choose yes flash recovery back (this will make CWM your permanent recovery mode)

That’s it. Your Nexus 7 is now rooted on Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 software version of Jelly Bean and even has a custom CWM recovery installed. Check for the SuperSU app in your apps list to verify.

Root and CWM for Nexus 4
Root and CWM for Nexus 10
If I have helped you guys Don't forget to hit Thanks Button. It Motivates Me A lot

Facebook
YouTube
Follow Me
Google +

Donate Me for my work or my useful posts or for my great videos

My Donation Mail:
vikramshivani1901@gmail.com
The Following 80 Users Say Thank You to udimars30 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

udimars30
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 200

DONATE TO ME
Reserved...
If I have helped you guys Don't forget to hit Thanks Button. It Motivates Me A lot

Facebook
YouTube
Follow Me
Google +

My Donation Mail:
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to udimars30 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nano23
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by udimars30 View Post
Reserved...
Thank you a lot...but the link for the fastboot its not aviable

udimars30
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 200

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano23 View Post
Thank you a lot...but the link for the fastboot its not aviable
link updated

Facebook
YouTube
Follow Me
Google +

My Donation Mail:

simms22
Old
(Last edited by simms22; 16th February 2013 at 06:35 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 18085
and this belongs in original development how? why not post a thread in original development asking about need for speed too..
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sicameron32
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Step 4 and step 7

I am a little confused about step 4 as I didn't think any nexus 7's had a SD card slot. I purchased mine right from google. I just put the zip file directly on the device itself and I know from my experience with my old Nexus One that this works too, just wondering who is selling the one with SD card slots. My second question, and really the more important one is step 7. I have tried to make the device go into fastboot several times and when I hold the volume keys down, the device boots to a black screen with no ability to do anything after that. If I mess with the power button (meaning I hold it in for a long time then let it out, and do this several times) I can get the device to preform a normal boot. Any thoughts?

poetjazz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default thanks

Thanks its worked for my nexus 7..

Quote:
Originally Posted by udimars30 View Post
Here We have the Root And CWM for Nexus 7 On Android 4.2.2!

Step 1 - Download Android SDK from the Android Developers website and install with USB drivers. See: How to Set Up Android SDK (Fastboot / ADB) on Windows.

Step 2 - Enable USB Debugging mode in your Nexus 7 tablet.

Step 3 - Download Fastboot and extract it in android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory. Create directory if not already there.

NOTE: Skip Steps 1, 2, 3 if you already have them.

Step 4 - Download SuperSU v1.04 (UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.04.zip) and copy it to your sdcard on your Nexus 7 tablet.

Step 5 - Make sure you have backup your data as it will be removed. Then switch OFF your Nexus 7.

Step 6 - Download recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.3-grouper.img and copy/paste it in the android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory.

Step 7 - Now go into Fastboot Mode on Nexus 7. How? Press Volume Down + UP + Power key for a few seconds till you see some text on the screen.
Step 8 - Navigate to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).

Step 9 - Type in the following command and press Enter.

Step 10 - Once completed, choose RECOVERY MODE from the Fastboot menu and enter Recovery Mode.

Step 11 - Then scroll down to “flash zip from SD card” and press the Power button to select it.

Step 12 - Press the Power button again and select “choose zip from sdcard”.

Step 13 - Now using your volume keys, navigate to the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.04.zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.

Step 14 - After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu. Then Choose yes flash recovery back (this will make CWM your permanent recovery mode)

That’s it. Your Nexus 7 is now rooted on Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 software version of Jelly Bean and even has a custom CWM recovery installed. Check for the SuperSU app in your apps list to verify.

Root and CWM for Nexus 4
Root and CWM for Nexus 10

Cosa44
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Thanks a million man! I was having all kinds of trouble updating to 4.2.2 and finally figured that out. Then I was having problems rooting again until I found this. Your method worked great but I used TWRP instead and it still did the trick. Thanks again.

Leonhan
Old
Thanks Meter 47
I tried this but when I want to flash the recovery, my fastboot.exe will then not respond and will try to close. What gives?

Spenzert
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Just a quick note here, to enter Fastboot Mode you just need to turn the Nexus 7 off, then turn on again, soon as you see the Google logo press the Volume Down key and hold (Hold both Power button and Volume Down Key).