Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,101 Members 43,915 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT][GUIDE]How To Root HTC Butterfly X920D

Tip us?

DamBadz
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Default Re: [ROOT][GUIDE]How To Root HTC Butterfly X920D

Hey mccmjoon76 my bootloader screen have a word TAMPERED on top I wanna know it normal?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda premium

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

I unlock ma HOX+ to but I don't have that word it normal? Thx for help me bro

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda premium

Leonidas1989
Old
(Last edited by Leonidas1989; 20th February 2013 at 01:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Question Still confused...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccmjoon76 View Post
1st congratulation u have 'brick' your phone ! No lah.... Joking

U have S-OFF

If follow the instruction on Step 2 u should have TWRP Recovery .

Step 3.. u need flash SuperSu and buzybox to get rooted ..

Just press power key to restart .Press and hold volume 'down' key to get to 'fastboot'

Scroll down using volume key to select 'Recovery' than u will know if u successful to flash the TWRP recovery or not .

If yes.. follow step 3 .. flash SuperSu..

Done .

Sry for the bad English.. hope u understand
Hello! First of all I just want to say thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate someone out here helping a noob

But I still don't really understand what you're saying... I tried to follow the steps on step 2 and it eventually linked me to download goomanager
. From there I clicked install open script but nothing happens. The phone didn't even reboot. (By step 2 you mean the last step where it tells me to install CWR right?)

And I don't understand what you mean by flash SuperSu and busybox to get rooted. How do I do so? Also how do I know whether my phone has unlocked the bootloader? What did all the steps that I have done achieved on my phone thus far???

I'm really sorry I'm very new at this. But I appreciate your help thus far!!! If you could be able to give me a step by step it would be very much appreciated!!!!!

Thanks again!

mccmjoon76
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3986

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROOT][GUIDE]How To Root HTC Butterfly X920D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas1989 View Post
Hello! First of all I just want to say thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate someone out here helping a noob

But I still don't really understand what you're saying... I tried to follow the steps on step 2 and it eventually linked me to download goomanager
. From there I clicked install open script but nothing happens. The phone didn't even reboot. (By step 2 you mean the last step where it tells me to install CWR right?)

And I don't understand what you mean by flash SuperSu and busybox to get rooted. How do I do so? Also how do I know whether my phone has unlocked the bootloader? What did all the steps that I have done achieved on my phone thus far???

I'm really sorry I'm very new at this. But I appreciate your help thus far!!! If you could be able to give me a step by step it would be very much appreciated!!!!!

Thanks again!
U need manually boot to 'fastboot' to flash recovery.. follow the step in 'read me' in the tools . .. good luck..

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda premium

Leonidas1989
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Question ?

Quote:
U need manually boot to 'fastboot' to flash recovery.. follow the step in 'read me' in the tools . .. good luck..

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda premium
So have I done everything wrong so far? The steps that I have done didn't actually achieve anything?

Sorry I feel like such an idiot but where is the read me in the tools???

philippecr
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Dude, you need to warn people about the "PHONE WIPE" after they did the bootloader unlocked, so people would backup their phones.

mccmjoon76
Old
Thanks Meter 3986

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas1989 View Post
So have I done everything wrong so far? The steps that I have done didn't actually achieve anything?

Sorry I feel like such an idiot but where is the read me in the tools???
Lol...

[Recovery flash guide - READ ME]

mccmjoon76
Old
Thanks Meter 3986

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by philippecr View Post
Dude, you need to warn people about the "PHONE WIPE" after they did the bootloader unlocked, so people would backup their phones.
Done ..update op.. thanks for the highlight

philippecr
Old
(Last edited by philippecr; 20th February 2013 at 07:28 AM.)
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Done ..update op.. thanks for the highlight
no you don't.

What I mean is the Bootloader unlock will wipe your phone, you need to warn people about it.

and for the head up, u need to warn people bout the "warranty void" thing too....

mccmjoon76
Old
Thanks Meter 3986

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by philippecr View Post
no you don't.

What I mean is the Bootloader unlock will wipe your phone, you need to warn people about it.

and for the head up, u need to warn people bout the "warranty void" thing too....
oh that ...

I think when they go to HTC Site already been warn ?

sebastianlow
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Will using HTC Com void my warranty?