FORUMS

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

[ROOT][GUIDE]How To Root HTC Butterfly X920D

Thanks Meter: 3,994
 
By mccmjoon76, Recognized Developer on 16th February 2013, 12:45 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
21st February 2013, 04:30 PM |#21  
mccmjoon76's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,994
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastianlow

Will using HTC Com void my warranty?

In HTC site

Quote:

It is our responsibility to caution you that not all claims resulting or caused by or from the unlocking of the bootloader may be covered under warranty.

I root all my previous Phone ..HTC HD2. HTC Sensation .HTC OneX .Samsung Note now HTC Butterfly in 2 days after buying it
Last edited by mccmjoon76; 21st February 2013 at 04:32 PM.
 
 
24th February 2013, 04:53 AM |#22  
Cookie Ninja's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 468
 
More
Re: [ROOT][GUIDE]How To Root HTC Butterfly X920D
HTCDEV unlock? No s-off? No xtc clip to get permanent s-off? Sheiyt! Scratch this phone (or for that matter any locked-bootolader htc crap, flagship or not). Contemplating a change from my inc s and sony Xperia z seems far better than the HTC one or the butterfly.
24th February 2013, 05:58 AM |#23  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Re: [ROOT][GUIDE]How To Root HTC Butterfly X920D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Ninja

HTCDEV unlock? No s-off? No xtc clip to get permanent s-off? Sheiyt! Scratch this phone (or for that matter any locked-bootolader htc crap, flagship or not). Contemplating a change from my inc s and sony Xperia z seems far better than the HTC one or the butterfly.

It's not HTC fault, they already provide you the HTCdev platform to unlock. Others are because this is a rather new device, development comes will come gradually.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
25th February 2013, 11:26 AM |#24  
keithleyson's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
I don't know why but whenever I try to install superSU (chainfire app from market) I get rebooted. I tried to flash the fix from the DNA forums but still whenever I try to use superSU i get rebooted. Are we going to be stuck using superuser app and not be able to install the awesome and more powerful superSU app?

additionally, I try to use titanium backup to uninstall annoying apps like Talk, Twitter etct but after a reboot they always should back up. Any idea how to get rid of this gargabe apps? Thanks
25th February 2013, 04:45 PM |#25  
royskeyz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bacolod
Thanks Meter: 284
 
More
guys need help here, im stucked at step 1. i already registered and confirm from my email. when i log in, it says log in successful, but when i click unlock bootloader it will still ask for me to log in again and again. help please. im from philippines is it the cause? TIA
25th February 2013, 07:07 PM |#26  
mccmjoon76's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,994
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by royskeyz

guys need help here, im stucked at step 1. i already registered and confirm from my email. when i log in, it says log in successful, but when i click unlock bootloader it will still ask for me to log in again and again. help please. im from philippines is it the cause? TIA

If i not wrong u have to go to you gmail inbox and Activate it..
25th February 2013, 07:09 PM |#27  
mccmjoon76's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,994
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithleyson

I don't know why but whenever I try to install superSU (chainfire app from market) I get rebooted. I tried to flash the fix from the DNA forums but still whenever I try to use superSU i get rebooted. Are we going to be stuck using superuser app and not be able to install the awesome and more powerful superSU app?

additionally, I try to use titanium backup to uninstall annoying apps like Talk, Twitter etct but after a reboot they always should back up. Any idea how to get rid of this gargabe apps? Thanks

I got no issue with the current SuperSu..
25th February 2013, 11:56 PM |#28  
keithleyson's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Re: [ROOT][GUIDE]How To Root HTC Butterfly X920D
Are you using a custom rom? I am just using the stock rom that came with my Butterfly. Also just this morning TB gave an error that it can't get root privileges. Like my phone just lost root or something. I had to reflash the su and busybox zip to get root back.

Anyone know how I can keep root on my Butterfly while maintaining stock?

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda premium
26th February 2013, 04:19 AM |#29  
keithleyson's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Re: [ROOT][GUIDE]How To Root HTC Butterfly X920D
Quote:
Originally Posted by royskeyz

guys need help here, im stucked at step 1. i already registered and confirm from my email. when i log in, it says log in successful, but when i click unlock bootloader it will still ask for me to log in again and again. help please. im from philippines is it the cause? TIA

Try using internet explorer 9. Had that nasty problem using Chrome.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda premium
26th February 2013, 04:20 AM |#30  
mccmjoon76's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,994
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithleyson

Are you using a custom rom? I am just using the stock rom that came with my Butterfly. Also just this morning TB gave an error that it can't get root privileges. Like my phone just lost root or something. I had to reflash the su and busybox zip to get root back.

Anyone know how I can keep root on my Butterfly while maintaining stock?

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda premium

I'm with my Custom Rom see sign some time will loosed root when flashing items with Recovery .. still figure it out how to fix this..

Anyone knows ??? pls post it here ..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Butterfly General by ThreadRank