Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,778 Members 38,391 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do you have a custom binary count of more than 0(zero)?
YES 222 79.86%
NO 56 20.14%
Voters: 278. You may not vote on this poll

[INFO] System OFFICIAL, TriangleAway, Binary count, Root, Recovery [UPDATED 13.10.01]

Tip us?

tys0n
Old
(Last edited by tys0n; 5th October 2013 at 07:58 AM.) Reason: Updated files and info
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,235
Info 2 [INFO] System OFFICIAL, TriangleAway, Binary count, Root, Recovery [UPDATED 13.10.01]

Triange Away now supports I8190 (SIII mini)
Big thanks to Chainfire for update, and
infected_ for doing the beta test so we all can be safe! Give him a thanks!!

Follow this for easy root:
EASY ROOT GUIDE

To make things clear, as it seems to be alot of confusion about rooting, custom binary count (CBC), & custom recoveries..

Custom binary count can be seen in download mode (vol- / home / power)
It's a counter to keep track of non-Samsung signed binaries flashed with Odin.
If you need to take your device to Samsung for warranty and they notice it's not at zero, you're not under warranty anymore.

Only known way to gain root without increased CBC is to flash one of the pre-rooted firmwares that you can find here.
To be safe, make sure it says something like "This does NOT trigger the flash counter." in the thread for that firmware you are about to flash to gain your highly desired root.
When you got root, finally download rom manager from playstore and you can get cwm recovery with ease.
From there you can flash whatever *.zip's you want without worrying about CBC.

If you do it the other way around, start with custom recovery to be able to flash a "root.zip" you will increase CBC!!
This applies if you try to flash any custom recovery.
In other words..Everything not signed by samsung will get your CBC INCREASED WHEN FLASHED THROUGH ODIN!!

System Status back to OFFICIAL

To restore system status to official you'll need to take a few more steps.
First use triangle away to reset your counter, then tick "allow tracker to run" and "system modified workaround" in triangle away settings.
Reboot device. Supersu will be bisabled for a few minutes when tracker runs and your status will become official.
Now you can uninstall triangle away. On next reboot your systemstatus will still be official, but of course it won't work with a custom kernel or custom rom.
If everything went well you should now have your binary count at 0, and a system status that says official.

Back to Stock Recovery

Most firmwares now have recovery included in the *.tar.md5-package, which was not the case in earlier firmwares for i8190.
You can take a look inside the package to ensure it's there. If it is, you shouldn'd have to mess with restoring recovery.
Open the firmware.rar.md5 with winrar. (Not unpack, just open)

Use this "i8190_stock_recovery.tar.md5". <<---This one doesn't increase custom binary count. (Flash in Odin as PDA)
Edit: This seem to not work as it used to. I'm now adding PDA-specific recovery.tar's to this thread, with continiued updates.
Thanks to Benz0nator, here is also a CWM flashable stock recovery.(Flash with your CWM / TWRP recovery)

So...is warranty back now? NO, not really. You're still rooted so you can't just send it to service in this condition.

For unroot and get warranty back you'll have to read [GUIDE] Unroot, Flash official stock firmware on Galaxy SIII Mini GT-I8190
Whats important to know here is that stock recovery is not always a part of the official firmware package so you might need to flash stock recovery before you unroot and flash firmware.
Also, If you're on 4.1.2 firmware and flash a 4.1.1 firmware you will get problems if no wipe/factory reset is done prior to flashing, as most roms are non-wipe.

Thank you.
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to tys0n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dariolob
Old
Thanks Meter 1,623

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tys0n View Post
Bah, misspelled topic!haha

To make things clear, as it seems to be alot of confusion about rooting, custom binary count (CBC), & custom recoveries..

Only known way to gain root without increased CBC atm is to flash one of the pre-rooted firmwares that you can find here.
To be safe, make sure it sais something like "This does NOT trigger the flash counter." in the thread for that firmware you are about to flash to gain your highly desired root.
When you got root, finally download rom manager from playstore and you can get cwm recovery with ease. From there you can flash whatever .zips you want without worrying about CBC.
If you do it the other way around, start with custom recovery to be able to flash a root.zip you will increase CBC!!
That also applies if you try to flash custom recoveries, original recoveries repacked to .tar-files.
In other words..Everything not signed by samsung will get your CBC INCREASED WHEN FLASHED THROUGH ODIN!!

Custom binary count can be seen in download mode (vol- / home / power)
It's a counter to keep track of non-Samsung signed binaries flashed with Odin.
If you need to take your device to Samsung for warranty and they notice it's not at zero, you're not under warranty anymore.

Atm there is no known way to restore CBC to zero for I8190 (SIII mini)

Also, If you're on 4.1.2 firmware and flash a 4.1.1 firmware you will get problems if no wipe/factory reset is done prior to flashing, as most roms here are non-wipe.

If you find another method for any of this, please let me know and I will update this post.
Thank you.
Thanks for the thread man! I was getting quite confused about this binary counter thing
If I helped you, press the button

--- My Devices: Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE, Galaxy S3 Mini I8190N, Asus Transformer TF101,Asus VivoPad Smart (Win8)

seedrom193
Old
Thanks Meter 184
Default Re: Impirtant Info - root,recovery,binary count.

Ohhh that was very good thanks and as for me I don't even have warranty so no problem with CBC (if ut does'nt have another disadvantage. .)

sent from the super siii mini GT-I8190 using xda premium app.
plz hit the thanks button if I helped you
life is full of things you can develop.....so get ready to be a good developer
{guide}step by step to root your s3 mini {all versions}

tys0n
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,235
Updated: Triangle away support for i8190 (s3 mini)!!
The Following User Says Thank You to tys0n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cheech01
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Thanks Man....

So what are the Steps ?

Only Downloading & Use "Triangle Away" App ?
The Following User Says Thank You to cheech01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mermigas
Old
Thanks Meter 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech01 View Post
Thanks Man....

So what are the Steps ?

Only Downloading & Use "Triangle Away" App ?
Yes
Devices:
Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9305
Latest CM 11 nighty
Yoga Lenovo 10 inch Tablet 3g
Rooted stock Rom

Motorola Xoom WiFi+3G (MZ601)
ROM: Latest CM 11
The Following User Says Thank You to mermigas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Benzonat0r
Old
(Last edited by Benzonat0r; 20th February 2013 at 01:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,248
Oh yeah!

CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: NO
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom

That's because of my ROM.
It's harder to understand women than Android and Kernels.

My devices: GT-I9100, GT-I8190, GT-S5570, Nexus 5

Just call me Benz

CaseyS
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Default Re: [UPDATE] Triangle Away - root,recovery,binary count.

Same here, development is getting better and better let's hope that we will get CM support.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using xda premium

djfxda
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default bycluir boxed

Good news! thanks to all (developers and testers!)

Tags
custom binary count, i8190, recovery, root, s3mini