5,595,918 Members 30,808 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Who prefers to stay on STOCK?????

Tip us?

rayoubi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default Who prefers to stay on STOCK?????

i'm curious if anyone here on XDA prefers being on stock. How come? You don't like roms? root? Just curious on what people that love to stay on stock.

Thanks.
Currently: Galaxy Note II
ROM: CleanROM ATT SE 1.2 By ~scrosler

Phones I used in the past:
Samsung captivate > Samsung galaxy note > samsung galaxy nexus > HTC one X > Galaxy S III > ~Now using the Galaxy note 2 baby!

Gary02468
Old
Thanks Meter 48
This thread belongs in the Q&A forum, not the General forum. (Also, your '?' key seems to be stuck.)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gary02468 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rayoubi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Gary02468 your number lock seems to be stuck. Qt pie.
Currently: Galaxy Note II
ROM: CleanROM ATT SE 1.2 By ~scrosler

Phones I used in the past:
Samsung captivate > Samsung galaxy note > samsung galaxy nexus > HTC one X > Galaxy S III > ~Now using the Galaxy note 2 baby!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rayoubi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Joshua79
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default I am kinda in that boat

I just got my note2 and have since flashed recovery / and clean rom however I tend to like sticking stockish till I know the water temp so to speak. I tried to just do the root with out changing the counter but OTA's killed my root. Hence the twrp and clean rom...

I just cant win... heh.

chris82o
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default Re: Who prefers to stay on STOCK?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayoubi View Post
i'm curious if anyone here on XDA prefers being on stock. How come? You don't like roms? root? Just curious on what people that love to stay on stock.

Thanks.
I love being on stock dont get me wrong I love the clean roms and root access but since I am coming as a long term iPhone user stock feels amazing and very open to be able to do so much personalizing to the device without having to get into roms is great but I do hate the boatware lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Joshua79
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default Nice to see an iphone user do the swap

I gotta say its awesome to see an iPhone user move on over.

C.Flat
Old
Thanks Meter 50

I'm staying in stock to keep the slow motion video feature. And because CM 10's camera is really glitchy

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium
Bell Note II

x2h
Old
Thanks Meter 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris82o View Post
I love being on stock dont get me wrong I love the clean roms and root access but since I am coming as a long term iPhone user stock feels amazing and very open to be able to do so much personalizing to the device without having to get into roms is great but I do hate the boatware lol

And it seems that there's no"." key on your iphone.

crawlgsx
Old
Thanks Meter 267

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayoubi View Post

Thanks.
On many phones I have stayed on stock for stability and feature set. In many cases when you go to another rom (especially AOSP) you lose TW features, S-Pen, etc... and in many cases I find not everything is 100%

That said the Note II development is fantastic. Many of the TW based roms give you everything you get with stock, but with more. AOSP you lose the TW feature set but it is amazingly stable and fast with a whole lot of other features.

With my S3 I could not find a single rom that I did not have problems on, but with the Note II I have a harder time deciding WHICH rom to use
Chris D.
AT&T | HTC One M8
Previously - LG G2, Nexus 5, HTC One, BB Z10, Note II, Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 920, ATT GS3, Note N7000, Skyrocket, Infuse 4g, Inspire 4g , Atrix 4g, iPhone 4, iPhone 3gs, iPhone, HTC 8525, many dumb-phones.

skifreek
Old
Thanks Meter 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris82o View Post

So then flash the stock international rom from miscom like a lot of us have.... Stock experience with No bs att bloat

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
ip 3gs---> Atrix 4G---> SGS2(sold)---> SGNote (carbon blue *sold*) ---> GN2 (titanium, miscom stock intl rom)