5,593,293 Members 32,910 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Who prefers to stay on STOCK?????

Tip us?

plugsmustard
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default Re: Who prefers to stay on STOCK?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Flat View Post
I'm staying in stock to keep the slow motion video feature. And because CM 10's camera is really glitchy

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium
I agree with this guy. Even with my acer liquid mt when I rooted it and used the leaked gingerbread rom for it, the camera (which i use a lot got messed up and would over expose the pictures to white messes of garbage) and I noticed that after switching back to the normal stock rom with root, the camera would screw the video with red green and blue lines...gross I know...

And plus, just like my old ipod touch 2g (which doesnt work cuz the battery is dead. big surprise CRapple) it looked as normal as it should, but behind the curtain, the device was screaming at me to stop, every little tweak, hack, or anything I could do to the device. (Except install android on it because the project cut off 2Gs)

So what im saying is, its more fun to screw with the stock app.
Dont like the boatware?
Download a root app uninstaller.
Dont like anything about most devices?
Someone else doesnt like it either, and theyre smarter than you and figured out how to change that.

Root all stock roms.
Maybe one day, they will have an option to come rooted and unlocked.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app
Android - PWROOTED FOR LIFE - copyright M.D.G.G

WHERE'S YOUR FREE HTC MAGIC?

GOTFrogqc
Old
Thanks Meter 8

For me 1st time I'm on stock. I like it and don't see a need for change I did root it. On my SGS the minute I go it I put a rom on it.

The Following User Says Thank You to GOTFrogqc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheNetwork
Old
Thanks Meter 29

I did until I discovered PA battery life. Been 5 hours of fair use, mostly as a media player, connected to data. Battery is still at 84%

Sent from my AT&T Galaxy Note II

Skwerl23
Old
Thanks Meter 103

I hate stock as soon as another ROM handles all I want. I have a toddler. I need camera function. As soon as cm10 fixed it a week ago. I will never go back to stock again. Only 2 features I miss are page buddy and mhl. Page buddy probably can be modded in though

I love the new features they keep adding instead of stock. And I love a 150meg download instead of 700meg

Sent from my GN2 using XDA app.

skifreek
Old
Thanks Meter 34

The lack of mhl in cm or aokp keep me on stock based roms

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
ip 3gs---> Atrix 4G---> SGS2(sold)---> SGNote (carbon blue *sold*) ---> GN2 (titanium, miscom stock intl rom)

kevinat0r
Old
Thanks Meter 2
The same day I purchased my Note 2, I had it rooted and has TWRP installed on it. Day 2 I was flashing roms. I guess I just really like to tinker with my phones, because where was nothing wrong with stock!

darkwolfelite
Old
(Last edited by darkwolfelite; 21st February 2013 at 02:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 60
C.FLAT, "I'm staying in stock to keep the slow motion video feature. And because CM 10's camera is really glitchy"

If you are that concerned with the camera features working why not flash a ROM like Scrosler's CLEAN ROM ATT SE. It made from ATT base. Completely stock without the bloatware. Everything works perfectly and you are not at the mercy of your carrier to recieve OTA's instead your at Scroslers lol. But seriously, I would much rather get/wait for updates from a DEV here on XDA (Where I can talk directly to the DEV and or people in the thread also using the ROM) instead of waiting for carriers to take forever and you can't directly talk to the team of people who made the Official ROM . So for me if you want stock look and feel with no bloatware and is more customizable than actual stock I would go with a ROM based or made from complete stock base. Just my 2 cents
Devices: AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Grey running http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2075795 By Scrosler
HTC HD2 Running http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1930240 By Tytung
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Blackberry Playbook
Kindle Fire

twanskys204
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 956

Slow motion on jedi

The Following User Says Thank You to twanskys204 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eusebyo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default stock miscom

Quote:
Originally Posted by skifreek View Post
So then flash the stock international rom from miscom like a lot of us have.... Stock experience with No bs att bloat

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
besides the excellent support miscom. Thanks miscom

raduque
Old
Thanks Meter 128
I'm on stock cause I got no reason to be otherwise. Everything works as intended, and the so-called "bloatware" is in reality a complete non-issue.
2004 Ford F150 4.6L V8: Stock... for now
Samsung Galaxy Note III
Asus Transformer TF101 32gb: KatKiss 4.3.1

The Following User Says Thank You to raduque For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]