Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,506 Members 39,976 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

Tip us?
 
garwynn
Old
(Last edited by garwynn; 10th May 2013 at 09:11 PM.)
#1  
garwynn's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7,427
Posts: 4,653
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chi-town

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

Well, since we haven't seen a full restore available for MA7 I'm going to do what I did with MA5 and make one clicks for all but the modem.
If the situation changes I'll repost with new one clicks.

[ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock) - SXTP Developers

NOTE: THIS THREAD WILL NOT BE MAINTAINED ANY FURTHER BY OP AS IT HAS A MORE CURRENT VERSION AVAILABLE.
PLEASE CONTACT IF THERE ARE ANY ISSUES. THANK YOU.
Contact: Twitter || Google+/Hangouts (Non-Moderator issues only please)
Useful Links: Forum Moderator List || Forum Rules

Donations: Please click on the "Donate to Me" on the left to donate to my Extra Life 2014 campaign.
All proceeds go to the Lurie Children's Hospital in downtown Chicago.

Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
(That includes RTs, RCs, RDs/SRDs, FMs/SFMs and the people who maintain the site.)
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to garwynn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
JT man
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 71
Posts: 504
Join Date: Sep 2007

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

Cool nice to see you on the job...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to JT man For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kingdazy
Old
#3  
kingdazy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 680
Posts: 1,608
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Faaaaaannnn-tastic.
Samsung Galaxy Note III
Rooted and ready! Too easy!
Running ☆ ★ Something from this section!! ★ ☆ (usually stock/rooted)
ASUS Transformer Prime TF201 - AndroidWookie FTW!!
 
fryingpan0613
Old
#4  
fryingpan0613's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3,519
Posts: 3,422
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central Florida

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

Awesome!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
 
siraltus
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 362
Posts: 830
Join Date: Jan 2010
Please mention this in your instructions, it's very, very important for Google Wallet users:

Before wiping your current ROM, you MUST reset your Google Wallet app by going into Settings --> Reset Google Wallet in the Wallet app, or you will permanently lock out your secure element and will never be able to use Google Wallet again - you will have to get a new phone!

This is because your Google Wallet app is married to the secure element with a unique crypto key when you first set up Google Wallet on your phone and if you wipe your phone without first resetting Google Wallet, that key will be lost forever, rendering the secure element useless.

Performing a Google Wallet reset will unmarry the app from the secure element and reset it to its original state so that it can accept a new Google Wallet installation when you wipe your phone and then restore it to stock.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to siraltus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
garwynn
Old
#6  
garwynn's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7,427
Posts: 4,653
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chi-town

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by siraltus View Post
Please mention this in your instructions, it's very, very important for Google Wallet users:

Before wiping your current ROM, you MUST reset your Google Wallet app by going into Settings --> Reset Google Wallet in the Wallet app, or you will permanently lock out your secure element and will never be able to use Google Wallet again - you will have to get a new phone!

This is because your Google Wallet app is married to the secure element with a unique crypto key when you first set up Google Wallet on your phone and if you wipe your phone without first resetting Google Wallet, that key will be lost forever, rendering the secure element useless.

Performing a Google Wallet reset will unmarry the app from the secure element and reset it to its original state so that it can accept a new Google Wallet installation when you wipe your phone and then restore it to stock.
Added here. Thanks for the heads up.
Contact: Twitter || Google+/Hangouts (Non-Moderator issues only please)
Useful Links: Forum Moderator List || Forum Rules

Donations: Please click on the "Donate to Me" on the left to donate to my Extra Life 2014 campaign.
All proceeds go to the Lurie Children's Hospital in downtown Chicago.

Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
(That includes RTs, RCs, RDs/SRDs, FMs/SFMs and the people who maintain the site.)
 
siraltus
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 362
Posts: 830
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by garwynn View Post
Added here. Thanks for the heads up.
No worries. I had to get another Note 2 when this happened to me... thankfully had phone insurance.
 
digiblur
Old
#8  
digiblur's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,062
Posts: 3,095
Join Date: Jul 2007

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

That truly happens on the Note2? I remember others saying it happens on other phones but I could never brick my secure element as I tried about a hundred times it seemed. Chalked up as one of those rumors.

Sent from my little Note2
 
siraltus
Old
(Last edited by siraltus; 17th February 2013 at 06:08 PM.)
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 362
Posts: 830
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
That truly happens on the Note2? I remember others saying it happens on other phones but I could never brick my secure element as I tried about a hundred times it seemed. Chalked up as one of those rumors.

Sent from my little Note2
It doesn't matter what phone you use, that's just how Google Wallet and the secure element work together. Google "Secure element has stopped responding" and you'll see how many people have bricked their secure element because they didn't know this.

This only happens in a very specific situation - when you go to a different ROM or do a factory reset without resetting Wallet first, in which case the secure element remains forever married to a Wallet installation that's lost.

If y
 
neopolotin75
Old
(Last edited by neopolotin75; 17th February 2013 at 06:22 PM.)
#10  
neopolotin75's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 230
Posts: 1,033
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Indianapolis
Default Re: [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraltus View Post
It doesn't matter what phone you use, that's just how Google Wallet and the secure element work together. Google "Secure element has stopped responding" and you'll see how many people have bricked their secure element because they didn't know this.
I remember when google wallet 1st came out it store info to the secure element and MANY Evo LTE users bricked the element when the Evo 1st came out then google pulled the wallet apk for afew weeks and switched where the info is now stored to avoid this issue...ive flashed away plenty on my evo lte and this now without reseting wallet......its an urban myth now.

Edit: Heres thelink its stored on the cloud and not the secure element
http://googlecommerce.blogspot.com/2...card-with.html
Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to neopolotin75 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes