Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

OP garwynn

17th February 2013, 05:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Chi-town
Thanks Meter: 7,846

4,792 posts
Donate to Me
More
Well, since we haven't seen a full restore available for MA7 I'm going to do what I did with MA5 and make one clicks for all but the modem.
If the situation changes I'll repost with new one clicks.

[ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock) - SXTP Developers

NOTE: THIS THREAD WILL NOT BE MAINTAINED ANY FURTHER BY OP AS IT HAS A MORE CURRENT VERSION AVAILABLE.
PLEASE CONTACT IF THERE ARE ANY ISSUES. THANK YOU.
Last edited by garwynn; 10th May 2013 at 10:11 PM.
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to garwynn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 05:47 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 86

532 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)
Cool nice to see you on the job...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to JT man For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 05:50 PM   |  #3  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 694

1,627 posts
More
Faaaaaannnn-tastic.
17th February 2013, 05:51 PM   |  #4  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 3,527

3,441 posts
Donate to Me
More
Awesome!

17th February 2013, 06:01 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 438

1,041 posts
Please mention this in your instructions, it's very, very important for Google Wallet users:

Before wiping your current ROM, you MUST reset your Google Wallet app by going into Settings --> Reset Google Wallet in the Wallet app, or you will permanently lock out your secure element and will never be able to use Google Wallet again - you will have to get a new phone!

This is because your Google Wallet app is married to the secure element with a unique crypto key when you first set up Google Wallet on your phone and if you wipe your phone without first resetting Google Wallet, that key will be lost forever, rendering the secure element useless.

Performing a Google Wallet reset will unmarry the app from the secure element and reset it to its original state so that it can accept a new Google Wallet installation when you wipe your phone and then restore it to stock.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to siraltus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 06:04 PM   |  #6  
OP Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Chi-town
Thanks Meter: 7,846

4,792 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by siraltus

Please mention this in your instructions, it's very, very important for Google Wallet users:

Before wiping your current ROM, you MUST reset your Google Wallet app by going into Settings --> Reset Google Wallet in the Wallet app, or you will permanently lock out your secure element and will never be able to use Google Wallet again - you will have to get a new phone!

This is because your Google Wallet app is married to the secure element with a unique crypto key when you first set up Google Wallet on your phone and if you wipe your phone without first resetting Google Wallet, that key will be lost forever, rendering the secure element useless.

Performing a Google Wallet reset will unmarry the app from the secure element and reset it to its original state so that it can accept a new Google Wallet installation when you wipe your phone and then restore it to stock.

Added here. Thanks for the heads up.
17th February 2013, 06:33 PM   |  #7  

1,041 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garwynn

Added here. Thanks for the heads up.

No worries. I had to get another Note 2 when this happened to me... thankfully had phone insurance.
17th February 2013, 06:59 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,069

3,097 posts
Donate to Me
That truly happens on the Note2? I remember others saying it happens on other phones but I could never brick my secure element as I tried about a hundred times it seemed. Chalked up as one of those rumors.

Sent from my little Note2
17th February 2013, 07:05 PM   |  #9  

1,041 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur

That truly happens on the Note2? I remember others saying it happens on other phones but I could never brick my secure element as I tried about a hundred times it seemed. Chalked up as one of those rumors.

Sent from my little Note2

It doesn't matter what phone you use, that's just how Google Wallet and the secure element work together. Google "Secure element has stopped responding" and you'll see how many people have bricked their secure element because they didn't know this.

This only happens in a very specific situation - when you go to a different ROM or do a factory reset without resetting Wallet first, in which case the secure element remains forever married to a Wallet installation that's lost.

If y
Last edited by siraltus; 17th February 2013 at 07:08 PM.
17th February 2013, 07:10 PM   |  #10  
Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 245

1,073 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by siraltus

It doesn't matter what phone you use, that's just how Google Wallet and the secure element work together. Google "Secure element has stopped responding" and you'll see how many people have bricked their secure element because they didn't know this.

I remember when google wallet 1st came out it store info to the secure element and MANY Evo LTE users bricked the element when the Evo 1st came out then google pulled the wallet apk for afew weeks and switched where the info is now stored to avoid this issue...ive flashed away plenty on my evo lte and this now without reseting wallet......its an urban myth now.

Edit: Heres thelink its stored on the cloud and not the secure element
http://googlecommerce.blogspot.com/2...card-with.html
Last edited by neopolotin75; 17th February 2013 at 07:22 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to neopolotin75 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread