5,595,196 Members 46,963 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

Tip us?
 
KEYofR
Old
#11  
KEYofR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 214
Posts: 570
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraltus View Post
It doesn't matter what phone you use, that's just how Google Wallet and the secure element work together. Google "Secure element has stopped responding" and you'll see how many people have bricked their secure element because they didn't know this.

This only happens in a very specific situation - when you go to a different ROM or do a factory reset without resetting Wallet first, in which case the secure element remains forever married to a Wallet installation that's lost.

If y
Except that's not true because many people have done both of those many times and it still worked fine. I have myself.

And, people have lost their secure element when they did reset wallet, and people have lost it even when they hadn't flashed anything or even so much as rebooted. Just worked one day and not the next.

So we don't know what kills them yet.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
 
thunderwagn
Old
(Last edited by thunderwagn; 17th February 2013 at 06:48 PM.)
#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 107
Posts: 228
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Loveland, Colorado
Rite on! Thanks for this Garwynn! Much appreciated man.


Quote:
Originally Posted by siraltus View Post
It doesn't matter what phone you use, that's just how Google Wallet and the secure element work together. Google "Secure element has stopped responding" and you'll see how many people have bricked their secure element because they didn't know this.

This only happens in a very specific situation - when you go to a different ROM or do a factory reset without resetting Wallet first, in which case the secure element remains forever married to a Wallet installation that's lost.

If y
I've never had a single issue on either my gs3 or my gn2 flashing or upgrading firmware and being able to use google wallet. Even with the gn2 and Wallet not being "officially" supported. I have a hard time believing any of this is true...it certainly hasn't been in my case. I'll toss my Nexus 7 in there as well. Flashed plenty roms and upgraded firmware...no issues whatsoever.
 
jutaejrtouch
Old
#13  
jutaejrtouch's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 431
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Winston Salem
superuser is denying all requests...flashed the rooted restore
Current:T Mobile S5 T-Mobile Note 3, Sprint Note 2, S3,Iphone 5
Retired:Evo 3d,Evo 4g,Touch Pro2,Touch Pro
 
jutaejrtouch
Old
#14  
jutaejrtouch's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 431
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Winston Salem
Quote:
Originally Posted by jutaejrtouch View Post
superuser is denying all requests...flashed the rooted restore
nevermind one clicked back to stock and rooted via toolbox with supersu...all working fine
Current:T Mobile S5 T-Mobile Note 3, Sprint Note 2, S3,Iphone 5
Retired:Evo 3d,Evo 4g,Touch Pro2,Touch Pro
 
blackout305
Old
#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 123
Join Date: Aug 2010
I just flashed the MA7 FULL STOCK RESTORE one click. The build updated but the kernel and baseband were still LJC. Did I do something wrong?
 
siraltus
Old
#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 318
Posts: 749
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYofR View Post
Except that's not true because many people have done both of those many times and it still worked fine. I have myself.

And, people have lost their secure element when they did reset wallet, and people have lost it even when they hadn't flashed anything or even so much as rebooted. Just worked one day and not the next.

So we don't know what kills them yet.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Except that read this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1721222

I destroyed my secure element on my GN2 just two days ago and NOTHING was able to make Wallet work again. I went from the NoWiz ROM to stock rooted MA7 and wiped the entire phone (including /data and /.android.secure) in the process, installed Wallet, it threw the "secure element has stopped responding" error and NOTHING could make it work again because I didn't back up my previous ROM. I had to get my phone replaced under carrier insurance.
 
musclehead84
Old
#17  
musclehead84's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 969
Posts: 4,549
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Falling Waters, WV
Default Re: [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

What's wrong with including the modem? I just got this phone like 3 days ago so im just wondering why no modem?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium
"If you cant live large look big in the coffin"
Competitive powerlifter and member of Metal Militia Virginia Chapter! Currently ranked in the top 10!
Goals: Squat- 1,000-1,050 Bench 715-800 Deadlift- 650-715.


When my ass leaves the breaking floor,
Lifting weight of such amount
That no mortal eye can count,
All of sudden on top I soar
And Realize:
To happiness there's no such bind
As a PR that's left behind!
Squat! Squat! Squat!
 
KEYofR
Old
#18  
KEYofR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 214
Posts: 570
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraltus View Post
Except that read this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1721222

I destroyed my secure element on my GN2 just two days ago and NOTHING was able to make Wallet work again. I went from the NoWiz ROM to stock rooted MA7 and wiped the entire phone (including /data and /.android.secure) in the process, installed Wallet, it threw the "secure element has stopped responding" error and NOTHING could make it work again because I didn't back up my previous ROM. I had to get my phone replaced under carrier insurance.
So what? All that web article does is parrot stuff people have been guessing at here. It's not sourced from Google.

The fact that your SE bricked doesn't prove anything except that sometimes they brick. No one disputes that.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
 
topekomsi
Old
(Last edited by topekomsi; 18th February 2013 at 03:31 AM.) Reason: mistake
#19  
topekomsi's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 32
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default Err quick question

Do i need to reset all back to stock ljc to flash the tar in odin or can i just flash (Modem and firmware) over ma5?
 
garwynn
Old
#20  
garwynn's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 6677
Posts: 4,347
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chi-town

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

Wrong kernel in OCs... that's what I get for doing in early am. Will fix tomorrow.

Modem cannot be included because dump is too big to flash via Odin.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Contact: Twitter || Google+/Hangouts (Non-Moderator issues only please)
Useful Links: Forum Moderator List || Forum Rules

Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
(That includes RTs, RCs, RDs/SRDs, FMs/SFMs and the people who maintain the site.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to garwynn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes