FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

[LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

4,895 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,193
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
18th February 2013, 04:39 AM |#21  
mkc90's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 123
 
More
Re: [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)
Im on m5 modem .. how can I update to m7 modem
??? Amy help please

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
 
 
18th February 2013, 04:51 AM |#22  
swalter718's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 73
 
More
Re: [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc90

Im on m5 modem .. how can I update to m7 modem
??? Amy help please

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Download and flash the MA7 modem zip available in rwilco12's repository.

Sent from an evil, dark place...
~ ROM: JellyBomb v14.0
~ Radio: L900VPAMA7
~ Kernel: Perseus alpha32
Last edited by swalter718; 19th February 2013 at 12:34 AM.
18th February 2013, 04:53 AM |#23  
mkc90's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 123
 
More
Re: [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swalter718

Download and flash this...
http://rwilco12.com/Files/Devices/Sa..._MA7_Modem.zip

Sent from an evil, dark place...
~ ROM: JellyBomb v14.0
~ Radio: L900VPAMA7
~ Kernel: Perseus alpha32

Im using jellybomb v13 can I flash it using that rom ?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
18th February 2013, 05:55 AM |#24  
swalter718's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 73
 
More
Re: [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc90

Im using jellybomb v13 can I flash it using that rom ?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, just boot into recovery, wipe the cache & dalvik, flash the modem zip, and reboot. You should see the Baseband updated to MA7 in Settings>About Device.

Sent from an evil, dark place...
~ ROM: JellyBomb v14.0
~ Radio: L900VPAMA7
~ Kernel: Perseus alpha32
18th February 2013, 07:19 AM |#25  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 218
 
More
Re: [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)
Im on t3project's release of odex ma7 straight from ljc (didnt do the ota)...but I dont seem to have the latest kernel.

I would really prefer not to lose data...and so I'm considering flashing the nodata version.

Is this something that should be a painless process? Or should I expect issues?

swyped all these spelling errors from my galaxy note 2
18th February 2013, 10:14 AM |#26  
garwynn's Avatar
OP Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Chi-town
Thanks Meter: 8,193
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalhit

Im on t3project's release of odex ma7 straight from ljc (didnt do the ota)...but I dont seem to have the latest kernel.

I would really prefer not to lose data...and so I'm considering flashing the nodata version.

Is this something that should be a painless process? Or should I expect issues?

swyped all these spelling errors from my galaxy note 2

Noted this already and will be fixing today.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to garwynn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 01:09 PM |#27  
rwilco12's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / AndroidFileHost Rep
Thanks Meter: 12,082
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swalter718

Download and flash this...

Sent from an evil, dark place...
~ ROM: JellyBomb v14.0
~ Radio: L900VPAMA7
~ Kernel: Perseus alpha32




Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc90

Im using jellybomb v13 can I flash it using that rom ?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Please update your posts to remove the direct download links. It messes with my data metrics. You can link to the folder itself but not the file.

Thank you!
18th February 2013, 02:23 PM |#28  
KEYofR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 219
 
More
Re: [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilco12

Please update your posts to remove the direct download links. It messes with my data metrics. You can link to the folder itself but not the file.

Thank you!

I sympathise, but when dealing with technical stuff, the direct link isn't just for convenience of a direct download. It's really also a form of most accurate documentation. A link to a page that may have more than on link on it isn't as explicit as a link to a specific file. You could say "go here, scroll down to xx, look for the blue thing, it's the 2nd link thst says yyy" but the actual link is both more succcinct and impossible to screw up.

Ideally you should have both so the user can see the info about the file instead of just a file by itself as if it came from the air, so -just- the direct link isn't ideal either.

Lastly you can never control external links. Each person can still favorite the direct link and use it 50 times regardless if they are ever posted in posts. So if the metrics actually matter then you need to figure out a better metric solution. You can't control what happens out in the restvof the world. Maybe put some javascript in the page and change the download into a cgi that requires post data that only the page provides? Or actually, if the download were really a cgi then the direct link would be no problem any more, it could be counted just as well as the parent page.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
18th February 2013, 03:07 PM |#29  
rwilco12's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / AndroidFileHost Rep
Thanks Meter: 12,082
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYofR

I sympathise, but when dealing with technical stuff, the direct link isn't just for convenience of a direct download. It's really also a form of most accurate documentation. A link to a page that may have more than on link on it isn't as explicit as a link to a specific file. You could say "go here, scroll down to xx, look for the blue thing, it's the 2nd link thst says yyy" but the actual link is both more succcinct and impossible to screw up.

Ideally you should have both so the user can see the info about the file instead of just a file by itself as if it came from the air, so -just- the direct link isn't ideal either.

Lastly you can never control external links. Each person can still favorite the direct link and use it 50 times regardless if they are ever posted in posts. So if the metrics actually matter then you need to figure out a better metric solution. You can't control what happens out in the restvof the world. Maybe put some javascript in the page and change the download into a cgi that requires post data that only the page provides? Or actually, if the download were really a cgi then the direct link would be no problem any more, it could be counted just as well as the parent page.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

I agree with you 100% on all accounts! However, setting up another metric system is beyond me and I haven't had the time to explore it at this point.

And although multiple people could use the direct links as a favorite or post it elsewhere it also helps if the people in our community don't post those links where thousands of people can do the same thing they did and further directly link to the files. I provide my site for all to use and have no problems sharing. I do however have a big warning in the threads themselves asking people not to use direct links. A little common courtesy/respect is all I ask for in exchange for my hosting the files.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rwilco12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 03:50 PM |#30  
D2dyno's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Winter Haven, FL
Thanks Meter: 308
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)
So what's new in this version?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes