Build CM12 for Xperia E3 and Xperia T

XDA Senior Member Vynikalput together this guide to help you learn how to build your own nightlies … more

Lollipop for OnePlus One Enters Testing Stage

Cyanogen just announced on their twitter that their CyanogenMod Lollipop build for the OnePlus … more

Xiaomi Business Model Unlike Usually Conceived

This article explains how Xiaomi sells phones not just to be a mobile OEM, but also to seed … more

Note 4 Launcher Theme Collection

If you like the features and integration of the TouchWiz Launcher on your Note 4, FrenchFamousTeam put … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Anyone else flashed a custom rom for 4.2.2?

OP Ted C.

17th February 2013, 05:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Madison, MS
Thanks Meter: 18
 
103 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Evervolv flashed without any difficulty for me yesterday. I've yet to discover any problems with this rom. I also used Rascarlo's gapps to minimize the Google apps installation package. Adobe flash is also working without problems for my NWS radar site. This ROM will probably become my daily driver until my favorite ROM and kernel package is available and tested....

BTW, I now show 1.6gb of ram under Settings/Apps/Running... .
17th February 2013, 09:28 PM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
79 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Official CM10.1 is working great! It seems to run smoother since 4.2.2 for me. Used the gapps from Banks.
17th February 2013, 09:40 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
230 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0hnnie

Official CM10.1 is working great! It seems to run smoother since 4.2.2 for me. Used the gapps from Banks.

Yeah, latest nightly seems to be working well for me. (17th)
18th February 2013, 12:12 AM   |  #4  
Member
SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 14
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
I'm running the latest version of Jellybro, no issues so far.
18th February 2013, 01:58 PM   |  #5  
Andrewtst's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Johor
Thanks Meter: 1,510
 
4,376 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
Donate to Me
More
Running latest CM10.1 which pretty stable and solid for me.
19th February 2013, 01:28 AM   |  #6  
brGabriel's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag South Louisiana
Thanks Meter: 219
 
445 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
AOKP (2/17) on 4.2.2 also seems stable so far...
21st February 2013, 04:11 AM   |  #7  
Andrewtst's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Johor
Thanks Meter: 1,510
 
4,376 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
Donate to Me
More
Finally decide abandon CM 10.1

Now running Unofficial AOKP 4.2.2, 1st time running AOKP, never know it was that cool! It has more customization to do.

- Better customize function in AOKP v/s CM 10.1:
- Switching between PHONE / TABLET /PHABLET UI Mode!
- Set transparency level, height & color Navigation Bar.
- Transparency level for Notification Bar.
- Layout changes for Statusbar Toggles.
- Clock position switch.
- LED light changes
- Custom Boot Animation. (Pre-loaded with stock animation)

So far AOKP was running stable as well.
21st February 2013, 03:46 PM   |  #8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
86 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted C.

Evervolv flashed without any difficulty for me yesterday. I've yet to discover any problems with this rom. I also used Rascarlo's gapps to minimize the Google apps installation package. Adobe flash is also working without problems for my NWS radar site. This ROM will probably become my daily driver until my favorite ROM and kernel package is available and tested....

BTW, I now show 1.6gb of ram under Settings/Apps/Running... .

I'll be getting my N10 today...by tonight I'll have a custom rom on it....thinking of trying one of the Linaro roms.
Anyone tried one of those yet?
22nd February 2013, 04:56 PM   |  #9  
brees75's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 339
 
843 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidluv

I'll be getting my N10 today...by tonight I'll have a custom rom on it....thinking of trying one of the Linaro roms.
Anyone tried one of those yet?

I just got mine last night as well, going to try AOKP tonight.

I have ran several Linaro kernel/ROMS on my Nexus 7 and its not the magic speed bullet you might expect it to be. Maybe 2-3 % faster.
23rd February 2013, 05:10 AM   |  #10  
Member
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 29
 
80 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewtst

Finally decide abandon CM 10.1

Now running Unofficial AOKP 4.2.2, 1st time running AOKP, never know it was that cool! It has more customization to do.

- Better customize function in AOKP v/s CM 10.1:
- Switching between PHONE / TABLET /PHABLET UI Mode!
- Set transparency level, height & color Navigation Bar.
- Transparency level for Notification Bar.
- Layout changes for Statusbar Toggles.
- Clock position switch.
- LED light changes
- Custom Boot Animation. (Pre-loaded with stock animation)

So far AOKP was running stable as well.

Have you had any problem with the navigation bars disappearing in portrait mode?

I tried AOKP a month ago and ran into an issue where the navigation bar buttons disappeared whenever I turned my device into a portrait orientation. Since then, I have been running Cyanogenmod nightlies and have been pleasantly surprised how reliable they are despite the moniker "nightly."

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes