Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

What is your experience with SanDisk 64gb cards and the Note 2?

OP jackdubl

17th February 2013, 08:10 PM   |  #11  
Flag Vt
Thanks Meter: 43

263 posts
More
Re: What is your experience with SanDisk 64gb cards and the Note 2?
Ya im gonna go with a sandisk 64 and see how i make out

Sent from my Beast SCH-I605
17th February 2013, 08:56 PM   |  #12  
Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 367

2,472 posts
I would buy a Secure Digital or a Kingston myself, I wouldn't buy another Sandisk even if they where 50% off.

I had completely forgotten, I also have a defective 32 gig POS Sandisk sitting here that I never bothered to get replaced.
Last edited by jmorton10; 17th February 2013 at 08:58 PM.
17th February 2013, 09:22 PM   |  #13  
Knoxville
Thanks Meter: 120

671 posts
More
I ordered the SanDisk from Amazon.com. I don't get it, it's a memory card. There are no moving parts, it doesn't get tired or worn (unless you're constantly taking it in and out). The majority of the negative reviews say it worked fine for 4 or 5 months or so then just quit. With all the variables assicoated with something like this, to me it seems more likely an app or file caused corruption in the negative reviews.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
17th February 2013, 09:48 PM   |  #14  
Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 367

2,472 posts
The problems I have had with Sandisk are not corruption, the cards completely cease to function & will not even reformat.

Sure, they replace the junk under warranty but it's still a PITA.

You guys buy whatever you want, I don't really care but it makes little sense to me to buy Sandisk when there are other brands available that are far more trouble free.

I have had a ton of memory cards over the years & the one brand I will never buy again is Sandisk (the only reason I bought them originally was no other brand made a 64 gig at the time)
Last edited by jmorton10; 17th February 2013 at 09:53 PM.
17th February 2013, 11:05 PM   |  #15  
Knoxville
Thanks Meter: 120

671 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10

The problems I have had with Sandisk are not corruption, the cards completely cease to function & will not even reformat.

Sure, they replace the junk under warranty but it's still a PITA.

You guys buy whatever you want, I don't really care but it makes little sense to me to buy Sandisk when there are other brands available that are far more trouble free.

I have had a ton of memory cards over the years & the one brand I will never buy again is Sandisk (the only reason I bought them originally was no other brand made a 64 gig at the time)

You said it ceased to function, im not saying you're wrong or anything I'm just curious why and exactly what happened. I've had sd cards fail to read periodically but it was due to driver issues, moving from computer, etc. I've never had one that stayed in the phone all of the sudden fail.

Again not calling you out, I'm just wondering what happened.

17th February 2013, 11:25 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 118

531 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond32

You said it ceased to function, im not saying you're wrong or anything I'm just curious why and exactly what happened. I've had sd cards fail to read periodically but it was due to driver issues, moving from computer, etc. I've never had one that stayed in the phone all of the sudden fail.

Again not calling you out, I'm just wondering what happened.

Well, I can tell you exactly what I did with my last one, the second in a row not to work. I put it in the phone, it read fine. I plugged the phone into my windows xp pro laptop and copied a picture onto it. I unplugged the phone and accessed the picture. I deleted the picture and rebooted the phone. The picture was back. I then tried deleting the picture in every way I knew how; from the phone and the laptop. It was always back after reboot. I tried to format the card and formatting failed whether from the phone or laptop with formatting patch. Then the card read as damaged from the phone, it would ask to format it, and formatting would fail. I sent it back and the store couldn't delete the file either. I have been using both a SanDisk and Samsung 32gb card for years and never experienced any problem. Also used several 2gb sandisk cards in the past with no problems. Never tried a different brand of 64gb card, but maybe I'll try that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium
18th February 2013, 12:07 AM   |  #17  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 1,134

2,390 posts
Donate to Me
More
I got mine through best buy for 50 bucks and they exchanged it every time no question asked. The 50 was a special though and I dunno what they sell for now. That was back when they were 150.

Ordered online and exchanged over the phone every time. I actually had 5 cards at one time it happened so fast that they just had me ship the four defective ones back together.

Then they screwed up and refunded my money and I called to let them know since I am not that kind of person and if there were to be an issue again I wouldn't have problems and they just told me they didn't really have a way to fix that and I should be happy. Let me tell you I was!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
18th February 2013, 12:12 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 125

800 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stkiswr

The note 2 handles ex fat. My 64 worked perfect out the box. I have 40gb of movies loaded up and it never has failed

Exactly out of the box is the way to go. I've had a 64gb card for over a year no problems at all.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
18th February 2013, 12:26 AM   |  #19  
Flag Vt
Thanks Meter: 43

263 posts
More
Anybody free up interenal stroge by putting all there stuff on the sdcard and howd you do it i know theres a couple different ways. I just went to bestbuy and got a 64gb sandisk.

18th February 2013, 12:54 AM   |  #20  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 1,134

2,390 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnex0422

Anybody free up interenal stroge by putting all there stuff on the sdcard and howd you do it i know theres a couple different ways. I just went to bestbuy and got a 64gb sandisk.

Windows comp and mtp is going to be fastest. I store everything but apps on it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread