Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,393 Members 53,643 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What is your experience with SanDisk 64gb cards and the Note 2?

Tip us?

shellie03
Old
Thanks Meter 42

DONATE TO ME
I bought a SanDisk class 10 64gb off Amazon. I used it straight out of the box on all the cleanrom's with no issues at all since December 2012. I had to reformat it to fat32 for the jedirom and been using it a month a while now with no problems at all.
Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Note 2

bphillips562
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Not one issue

The only time I had an issue with the SanDisk 64 was user error... I tried Vanilla and it was a friggin' mess... had to download a quick program to get it reformatted back to Fat32 but not a problem with the micro....

universexda
Old
Thanks Meter 19
After I first installed the Sandisk 64gb card in my Verizon Note 2 it didn't show up in Settings->Storage and no app could see it. I formatted it from the phone and then it showed up. That was 3 months ago and no problems since. All the talk about Sandisk cards has caused me to regularly back up the card to my PC however.

celyko
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default Re: What is your experience with SanDisk 64gb cards and the Note 2?

Sandisk class 10 64gb. Running beans 10 vrall kernel. No formatting or problems with other roms so far.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to celyko For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

austinwilliams1989
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Going 3 weeks on my SanDisk 64gb Class 10 card from Amazon formatted to exfat and using Beans Rom with stock kernel. No problems at all.

thinkingbear
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by celyko View Post
Sandisk class 10 64gb. Running beans 10 vrall kernel. No formatting or problems with other roms so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinwilliams1989 View Post
Going 3 weeks on my SanDisk 64gb Class 10 card from Amazon formatted to exfat and using Beans Rom with stock kernel. No problems at all.
Same setup and results here. I did have some problems using the card with Beans 10 and the PBJ kernel, a reboot loop when Media Scanner starts, but it works fine with the Perseus kernel and the Beans Stock. Perseus made the UI a bit choppy IMO, but the Beans kernel is nice and smooth.

cbdudek
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdubl View Post
The lack of a 32gb Note 2 means I would have to use a 64gb card with it, we're I to purchase the phone. I currently have a 32gb S3. I originally bought a 64gb card with my S3 but experienced nothing but problems with it. When I go to the SanDisk support forums it appears I am not the only one; lots of people report the exact same problem, the card would basically die after 1hr to a couple of days. Card would show as damaged on phone, require a reformat, reformat would fail. Nothing could be done after that. I have used both a SanDisk and a Samsung 32gb card for years in various phones with no problems of any kind. When the problem happened with the 64GB card, I returned it, was told it was defective when it didn't work for the seller, was given a replacement, and the same thing happened. The seller just returned my money and said they didn't want to sell me anymore cards because they didn't know how I was f'ing them up. They couldn't get them to work again either. I ask because this is the only thing keeping me from buying a Note 2 TODAY. Anyone using a SanDisk 64gb card with theirs?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium
I have a 64gb Sandisk card and it works great. I don't swap these cards at all, and I loaded it up with music and movies. Works great.

pmjj
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Default Sandisk 64 is Perfect

I have also been using the SanDisk 64 bg card since month 1 of ownership with no problems! I am even using the Perseus card swap in JelleyBeans and it is working wonderfully !!

bastardtrees
Old
Thanks Meter 3
does using a cm rom corupt a sd card?

kalkat579
Old
Thanks Meter 472

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: What is your experience with SanDisk 64gb cards and the Note 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastardtrees View Post
does PAC Rom work with Ex-Fat 64GB Cards ?

[ROM][I605][4.2.2][02/21/13]PAC-man V20.0.0|PA-3.00|AOKP-MR1|CM10.1

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2051307
Yes

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2