FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[SOLVED] [SORTA-KINDA][Workaround]CM10 or Any AOSP ROM music problem!

18th February 2013, 02:26 PM |#11  
Whiplashh's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,512
 
More
Re: CM10 or Any AOSP ROM music problem!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascertion

I'd try a 4.2.1 or 4.2.2 ROM and see if that fixes it. Cm10 was discontinued as an unfinished product when cyanogen moved onto 4.2. Its possible that this was a left over bug.

I want to try 4.2, but there is always some kind of bug with it.

Sent From My Rooted, S-OFF'd Blackberry Curve using the iOS XDA Application for Android.
 
 
18th February 2013, 05:07 PM |#12  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 323
 
More
Re: CM10 or Any AOSP ROM music problem!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplashh

I want to try 4.2, but there is always some kind of bug with it.

Sent From My Rooted, S-OFF'd Blackberry Curve using the iOS XDA Application for Android.

Try anthrax rom.
Every thing works. No bugs.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xblackvalorx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 06:44 PM |#13  
Whiplashh's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,512
 
More
Re: CM10 or Any AOSP ROM music problem!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xblackvalorx

Try anthrax rom.
Every thing works. No bugs.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

I was thinking about it.

Sent From My Rooted, S-OFF'd Blackberry Curve using the iOS XDA Application for Android.
18th February 2013, 06:59 PM |#14  
Ascertion's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,170
 
More
Re: CM10 or Any AOSP ROM music problem!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplashh

I was thinking about it.

Sent From My Rooted, S-OFF'd Blackberry Curve using the iOS XDA Application for Android.

I can confirm that 4.2.x ROMs have less bugs because they're updated more than the 4.1.2 ones. Create a folder called "0" and place it on the root of your internal storage, then move all of your folders into the 0 folder and boot into recovery and flash a 4.2.x ROM.
18th February 2013, 07:14 PM |#15  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 323
 
More
Re: CM10 or Any AOSP ROM music problem!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplashh

I was thinking about it.

Sent From My Rooted, S-OFF'd Blackberry Curve using the iOS XDA Application for Android.

You really might want to. As far as stability and functionality it's a big step up from every thing else

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to xblackvalorx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 08:54 PM |#16  
Whiplashh's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,512
 
More
Re: CM10 or Any AOSP ROM music problem!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xblackvalorx

You really might want to. As far as stability and functionality it's a big step up from every thing else

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

So you would call it better than anything else? It doesn't look like it has cm code. Maybe it will fix my music issue

Sent From My Rooted, S-OFF'd Blackberry Curve using the iOS XDA Application for Android.
18th February 2013, 10:38 PM |#17  
Whiplashh's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,512
 
More
Re: CM10 or Any AOSP ROM music problem!
Nope. Problem is there on that ROM too

Sent From My Rooted, S-OFF'd Blackberry Curve using the iOS XDA Application for Android.
23rd February 2013, 04:48 AM |#18  
Whiplashh's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,512
 
More
Re: CM10 or Any AOSP ROM music problem!
Bump: here is another way to word it.
On touchwiz it will read those music formats, on AOSP, it won't. A different app won't fix it. Any other ideas?

Sent From My Rooted, S-OFF'd Blackberry Curve using the iOS XDA Application for Android.
23rd February 2013, 05:07 AM |#19  
CNexus's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag ~/android
Thanks Meter: 13,829
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: CM10 or Any AOSP ROM music problem!
It seems to be only you that is experiencing this problem, so give this a go:
Backup your sdcard to card to your computer
Reformat to FAT32
Restore all files
Boot into OS

Sdcards need to be refreshed every once in a while, so that may be your issue...if its not...then i dont know what it could be, but a lot of people would be complaining if this were an issue with CM10+ in general, right?

Sent from my PG06100
The Following User Says Thank You to CNexus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 01:23 PM |#20  
Whiplashh's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,512
 
More
Re: CM10 or Any AOSP ROM music problem!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNexus

It seems to be only you that is experiencing this problem, so give this a go:
Backup your sdcard to card to your computer
Reformat to FAT32
Restore all files
Boot into OS

Sdcards need to be refreshed every once in a while, so that may be your issue...if its not...then i dont know what it could be, but a lot of people would be complaining if this were an issue with CM10+ in general, right?

Sent from my PG06100

I guess so. I just got this SD card like a month ago. I formatted it into FAT32 right when I got it before putting files on it. I will try again later, but moving 9 gigs of stuff on my computer takes hours. Kinda annoying, because I love AOSP and prefer it over touchwiz, but it is also annoying when I scroll through the artist looking for a song I want to play, and it isn't there.

Sent From My Rooted, S-OFF'd Blackberry Curve using the iOS XDA Application for Android.
The Following User Says Thank You to Whiplashh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes