Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,836 Members 42,076 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help me find a daily?

Tip us?

fillyo
Old
Thanks Meter 56
I am using CleanRom 4.5 with Apex Launcher, it has been rock solid, I just can't get myself to switch to any other ROM, everything just works. You get the AOSP look with the TW features I want.
Verizon Galaxy S5 - Rooted!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 CyanogenMod 11 - Kit Kat
Nexus 10 - ThunderKat
Verizon Galaxy Tab 7.7 - OmniRom 4.4.2
RIP: GS4, GS3, Nexus, Thunderbolt, Incredible, Storm 2, Storm, Curve

sju1fan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fillyo View Post
I am using CleanRom 4.5 with Apex Launcher, it has been rock solid, I just can't get myself to switch to any other ROM, everything just works. You get the AOSP look with the TW features I want.
I honestly think this is your best bet. Though the AOSP roms are snappy and simple, there are still way too many bugs. I'm on CleanRom as well and it's very smooth with virtually no bugs. You can even theme your phone to resemble AOSP while still having the luxury of using all the addons touchwiz has to offer.

Gatanater
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Re: Help me find a daily?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsail410 View Post
Agreed, I would definitely go with mastamoon's unofficial build, if only for the GPS revert. I prefer lk as well, but the stock kernel has gotten better.
I've gotten absolutely amazing battery life as well as speed and reliability. There is only one bug and that is a lack of pattern lock which many roms have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sju1fan View Post
I honestly think this is your best bet. Though the AOSP roms are snappy and simple, there are still way too many bugs. I'm on CleanRom as well and it's very smooth with virtually no bugs. You can even theme your phone to resemble AOSP while still having the luxury of using all the addons touchwiz has to offer.
As I said above this ROM also has virtually no bugs and is very nicely put together. If you do in fact go with clean however, don't put a launcher on it because it ruins the purpose of a custom rom.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
Current Device: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Current ROM: CM10.1 Unofficial by Mastamoom
Current Kernel: Lean Kernel
13 Year Old developer!

ctsail410
Old
Thanks Meter 103

I don't normally use a pattern lock, but I just set one up and it seemed to work fine for me. I am using a CM10.1 unofficial that I've repo-sync'd and built myself this morning. I added a few cherry-picks, but they shouldn't have directly affected that.

mikeman45
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2,158

DONATE TO ME

My top 2 favorite ROMs right now are beanstown jellybeans and SYNERGY.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

BattsNotIncld
Old
Thanks Meter 110
My personal favorites are as follows:

AOSP: Carbon or Eclipse
TW: Beans or Synergy

Currently on Carbon with KT747 kernel and perfomance/battery life is out of this world!
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy S III
Current ROM: SlimKat

Previous Phone: Samsung Droid Charge (sold)

PsiPhiDan
Old
Thanks Meter 628

Quote:
Originally Posted by sju1fan View Post
What bugs? Seriously, what bugs are there that I keep hearing about?

I am running the damn ROM and I don't experience bugs, but if I listened to everyone else I'd swear I did!

Gatanater
Old
Thanks Meter 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsiPhiDan View Post
What bugs? Seriously, what bugs are there that I keep hearing about?

I am running the damn ROM and I don't experience bugs, but if I listened to everyone else I'd swear I did!

You are so right, I experience none myself but everyone on TW based ROMs or things like carbon think AOSP is very buggy.

Current Device: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Current ROM: CM10.1 Unofficial by Mastamoom
Current Kernel: Lean Kernel
13 Year Old developer!

jcyoun33
Old
Thanks Meter 22

I've lately been wanting a speedy, stable, and battery lasting rom. If you're looking for that TW is the way to go for that. I'm using Edgehood's delta rom right now and it's been great. Running Lean kernel 1.8. I like AOSP as well, but the lack of stable data connection has kept me off of it.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatanater View Post
You are so right, I experience none myself but everyone on TW based ROMs or things like carbon think AOSP is very buggy.

It's not that buggy at all. It's the stable data connection which is still a little off. It definitely has come a long way. Reason why I'm still on TW for right now.

05Warrior
Old
Thanks Meter 137

CleanRom 5.6 with Heinz 57 theme running anthrax kernel is the bomb. They also have a working flashable AOSP MMS in the theme and apps section.