Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,559 Members 40,653 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[WARNING][You MUST Reset Google Wallet When Switching ROMs!]

Tip us?
 
mexiking713
Old
#11  
mexiking713's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 226
Posts: 1,352
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr pnut View Post
I never had any problems with my Google wallet when going to different roms just make a back up with tb and send your back up with data to your dropbox so when your on a different rom you can just download your google wallet from dropbox and install with no problems

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
Havent had a problem with my wallet.

I like your sig btw. Seems we've had the same phones
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Black)
Rom: JasmineROM
Recovery: SafeStrap
Memory: 32GB internal + 64GB Sandisk MicroSDXC
Case: UAG Navigator, Trident Aegis (Black) & Otterbox Commuter (Black)
Screen protector: Nillkin Tempered Glass



 
mrcrptguy
Old
#12  
mrcrptguy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 112
Posts: 315
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default Re: [WARNING][You MUST Reset Google Wallet When Switching ROMs!]

I am unable to use my wallet app. I was once able to but switching back and forth from aosp and tw borked it somehow.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
 
_-Jay-_
Old
#13  
_-Jay-_'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 350
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NJ
Default Re: [WARNING][You MUST Reset Google Wallet When Switching ROMs!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcrptguy View Post
I am unable to use my wallet app. I was once able to but switching back and forth from aosp and tw borked it somehow.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
This. I lost my secure element when I tried to install JB v13. Now it doesnt work on any rom.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent Tapatalk 2
Might as well face it, I'm addicted to Roms!
If I've helped you, hit the thanks button!
 
siraltus
Old
(Last edited by siraltus; 18th February 2013 at 01:03 AM.)
#14  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 362
Posts: 830
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYofR View Post
We don't know what kills secure element yet.

Sometimes it dies even when you do reset.

Sometimes it dies for no reason at all overnight by itself when you made no change at all.

And usually it doesn't die even when you do flash and/or factory reset without clearing first.

Nice sounding theory but doesn't fit the facts.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYofR View Post
I have wiped my phone without clearing wallet a bunch of times dumbass. That's what I said. It still works fine.
Your post provides absolutely zero "facts." How about you do a google search for "Secure element has stopped responding" instead of calling people names. What are you, 14? This isn't XBOX LIve.

Google Wallet FAQ that explains what is stored on the secure element: http://www.google.com/wallet/faq.html

XDA thread discussing the issue: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1721222
 
siraltus
Old
#15  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 362
Posts: 830
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderwagn View Post
Yeah, I agree. I'd like some type of proof that this is indeed a fact.
I've never had a single issue on either my gs3 or my gn2 flashing or upgrading firmware and being able to use google wallet. Even with the gn2 and Wallet not being "officially" supported. I have a hard time believing any of this is true...it certainly hasn't been in my case. I'll toss my Nexus 7 in there as well. Flashed plenty roms and upgraded firmware...no issues whatsoever.

See this XDA thread discussing the issue: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1721222

Also Google "secure element has stopped responding."
The Following User Says Thank You to siraltus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
KEYofR
Old
#16  
KEYofR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 215
Posts: 570
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [WARNING][You MUST Reset Google Wallet When Switching ROMs!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraltus View Post
Your post provides absolutely zero "facts." How about you do a google search for "Secure element has stopped responding" instead of calling people names. What are you, 14? This isn't XBOX LIve.

Google Wallet FAQ that explains what is stored on the secure element: http://www.google.com/wallet/faq.html

XDA thread discussing the issue: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1721222
Since you, admirably, avail yourself of search, I must assume you've seen the same secure element reports I have, and so you have the data. I can't help you with your less admirable inability to deduce from it.

For instance that google doc doesn't say anything about what might brick an element or how to avoid it other than the meaninglessly unspecific "tampering".

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KEYofR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
swalter718
Old
#17  
swalter718's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 172
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default Re: [WARNING][You MUST Reset Google Wallet When Switching ROMs!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYofR View Post
Nice sounding theory but doesn't fit the facts.
I completely agree. Causality has not been determined, and recommending a "fix" without knowing the cause is irresponsible. I've flashed my phone dozens of times, moving from one system to another. I've never performed the steps described in the OP, and my secure element (and GW) continue to run flawlessly.

The potential for the secure element problem exists. That is a fact. But, as far as I know, there's no definitive explanation for the cause, and nobody has demonstrated a cause by replicating the problem.

Sent from an evil, dark place...
~ ROM: JellyBomb v14.0
~ Radio: L900VPAMA7
~ Kernel: Perseus alpha32
 
siraltus
Old
#18  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 362
Posts: 830
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYofR View Post
Since you, admirably, avail yourself of search, I must assume you've seen the same secure element reports I have, and so you have the data. I can't help you with your less admirable inability to deduce from it.

For instance that google doc doesn't say anything about what might brick an element or how to avoid it other than the meaninglessly unspecific "tampering".

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
I updated my OP with more descriptive links. Not my problem if you eventually brick your phone, I'm not going to try to convince you, since you clearly are here to argue, not to discuss.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to siraltus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
KEYofR
Old
#19  
KEYofR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 215
Posts: 570
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [WARNING][You MUST Reset Google Wallet When Switching ROMs!]

What's to discuss? You're wrong that's all.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to KEYofR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
siraltus
Old
#20  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 362
Posts: 830
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYofR View Post
What's to discuss? You're wrong that's all.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
Prove it.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes