Slow charging? get a better cable(with proof)
Yesterday I just bought a new 8000mah power bank(ProMini 8000), which has 2.1A output but I still not very satisfy with the charge speed compare to the stock Note 2 lte charger.
So I did some experiments, found out charge speed have A LOT to do with the quality of cables! Going to share the result with you guys.
here are the tests
1. First is "Note 2 LTE stock charger + Note 2 LTE stock USB cable"
1.8A, not bad!
2. "The new power bank(ProMini 8000) + The USB cable came with the package"
3. "ProMini 8000 + Note 2 LTE stock usb cable"
WOAH!! 1.5A, lower than the stock charger but really not that bad!
4. "Note 2 LTE stock charger +My old Galaxy Note 1 stock USB cable"
1A, So what material is the Note 2 USB cable made of? Uranium? Even Note 1 stock USB cable can't compete
5. "Note 2 LTE stock charger + some home depot generic micro-USB to USB cable"
0.6A Well, you get what you pay for..
Honestly, I didn't expect USB cable quality make this much of a difference.
I guess the Note 2 USB cable used some higher gauge wires?
Anyway I am going out to get some more Note 2 stock cable tomorrow, for the power bank and maybe other computers.