Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Did this method work for you?
Yes it did! 15 93.75%
No it didn't! 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

[GUIDE] How to Update to the 2.04 OTA and stay ***UNLOCKED***

OP .torrented

17th February 2013, 11:44 PM   |  #11  
Flag Memphis, TN
Thanks Meter: 660

1,117 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghstrdr1985

Ok so I followed the procedures here but cannot re-unlock the bootloader. OTA came through fine. When I attempted to apply the unlock token, the warning screen comes up & I vol+ to yes & press the power button. I let it run its cycle & then adb reboot bootloader to a relocked bootloader. I will attempting this a 3rd time. Do I need to continue doing this until it's unlocked?

I going to assume it is, but I have to ask if it's the token you got from unlocking the first time? I've seen it posted that getting a new token from HTCdev does not work.
17th February 2013, 11:46 PM   |  #12  
Flag Midlothian
Thanks Meter: 8

113 posts
More
Yes it is the original token. 3 times so far hasn't done the trick. I read elsewhere that to just keep doing it until it finally sticks.
17th February 2013, 11:49 PM   |  #13  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Suffolk, VA
Thanks Meter: 1,477

2,789 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by docnok63

I going to assume it is, but I have to ask if it's the token you got from unlocking the first time? I've seen it posted that getting a new token from HTCdev does not work.

Yes it's the one from the very first time you would have unlocked the bootloader. After the OTA HTC has patched the exploit so you wouldn't even get to the step where you would get an Unlock_code.bin. I believe they patched the SuperCID hack.

Quote:

Yes it is the original token. 3 times so far hasn't done the trick. I read elsewhere that to just keep doing it until it finally sticks.

Yea I've heard this as well, just keep trying. Best of luck to you. Try this, power off the device fully then boot strait into the bootloader and then flash it.
Last edited by .torrented; 17th February 2013 at 11:55 PM.
17th February 2013, 11:56 PM   |  #14  
Flag Midlothian

113 posts
More
After re-reading the procedures over & over, should I have unlocked the bootloader before OR after the OTA? The reason I ask is because I sent the OTA before trying to unlock the bootloader.
18th February 2013, 12:00 AM   |  #15  
Flag Suffolk, VA

2,789 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

After re-reading the procedures over & over, should I have unlocked the bootloader before OR after the OTA? The reason I ask is because I sent the OTA before trying to unlock the bootloader.

First you would have Locked it
Then ran the RUU
Then Unlocked it with your token
Then take the OTA
Then flash a recovery

But I also said that if the OTA locked it back up to run the token again and it should have did the trick(this part im not 100% certain because mine didnt re-lock after I took the OTA (it stayed unlocked)

what do you get in the Command prompt when you run the token? and are you in fastboot when you do it or are you in bootloader when you do it?
18th February 2013, 12:07 AM   |  #16  
Flag Memphis, TN
Thanks Meter: 660

1,117 posts
More
As you can see, I didn't try to re-unlock until after getting the OTA. I'm not sure if it matters when you do it, but you have to do it in order to get root access and flash a custom recovery.
18th February 2013, 12:13 AM   |  #17  
Flag Midlothian

113 posts
More
Command prompt says it completed successfully. I'm in fastboot usb mode. I suppose I could try the RUU again & unlock the bootloader BEFORE the OTA...or is it too late to run the RUU again?

**EDIT***
Nevermind. It FINALLY unlocked. I think that was the 5th time. Again, I do thank you for all of your support on this. I must say this guide is probably the most straight-forward one here.
Last edited by ghstrdr1985; 18th February 2013 at 12:16 AM. Reason: IT FINALLY WORKED!!!
18th February 2013, 12:16 AM   |  #18  
Flag Suffolk, VA

2,789 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Command prompt says it completed successfully. I'm in fastboot usb mode. I suppose I could try the RUU again & unlock the bootloader BEFORE the OTA...or is it too late to run the RUU again?

This I've never tried so I can't help you out with it.
18th February 2013, 12:17 AM   |  #19  
Flag Midlothian

113 posts
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by .torrented

This I've never tried so I can't help you out with it.

It's all good. I finally got it to unlock after 5 attempts. Thank you, though.
18th February 2013, 12:21 AM   |  #20  
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 215

444 posts
Donate to Me
More
worked for me first time! thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread