"Day" planner software.

Search This thread

MouseTheLuckyDog

May 28, 2012
I used to use a DayRunner with two page a day refills like:
http://www.dayrunner.com/dayrunnerstore/mwv/product/Two-Pages-Per-Day-Planner-Refill/481-225?pageSize=9&rootCatId=Parent_Category&goToPage=1&catId=Planner_Refills_50&prodId=481-225
Actually the pages I used had mornings on one side evenings on the other.
I would have a bookmark on today, leave it on a side desk while at work. For notes and stuff I would flip off today, but then flip immediately back.
If I didn't have anything to do I would check with the planner what was next and not fixed in time ( say a meeting ). The point is that the dayrunner literally planned my whole day.

I'm not looking for one of the many calandering applications. I am looking for some piece of software that will help me plan the day.

Thanks.

mke1973

Dec 3, 2010
I used to use a DayRunner with two page a day refills like:
http://www.dayrunner.com/dayrunnerstore/mwv/product/Two-Pages-Per-Day-Planner-Refill/481-225?pageSize=9&rootCatId=Parent_Category&goToPage=1&catId=Planner_Refills_50&prodId=481-225
Actually the pages I used had mornings on one side evenings on the other.
I would have a bookmark on today, leave it on a side desk while at work. For notes and stuff I would flip off today, but then flip immediately back.
If I didn't have anything to do I would check with the planner what was next and not fixed in time ( say a meeting ). The point is that the dayrunner literally planned my whole day.

I'm not looking for one of the many calandering applications. I am looking for some piece of software that will help me plan the day.

Thanks.

Actually, most calendar apps have the functionality that you're looking for, the screen images may not exactly resemble your old hardcopy day planner pages. I'm old enough to remember them but happly moved to a PIM when they came out. In fact, my office reqired that all staff start keeping their calendars on Lotus Notes so teams could have acess to each other's schedules. The day planners all disappeared after that. I'd suggest that you try the day view in S Panner. It may come closest to matching the day view of your old hardcopy day planner.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-17-15-07-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-17-15-07-13.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 99