FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

Dual-boot of Sammy and AOSP is working!

1,554 posts
Thanks Meter: 777
 
By RichMD, Senior Member on 17th February 2013, 10:36 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
20th February 2013, 05:48 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Re: Dual-boot donation thread - Currently >$281.00
Where are we supposed to send donations to? I am interested in donating especially since Ubuntu mobile is going to be released tomorrow and I suspect that it will be made available for our device shortly after. It would be amazing to have a dual booting kernel to run Ubuntu and android side by side on our beast of a phone.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium
 
 
20th February 2013, 07:54 AM |#12  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 24,045
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: Dual-boot donation thread - Currently >$281.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by btpd21

Where are we supposed to send donations to? I am interested in donating especially since Ubuntu mobile is going to be released tomorrow and I suspect that it will be made available for our device shortly after. It would be amazing to have a dual booting kernel to run Ubuntu and android side by side on our beast of a phone.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

I can't promise, booting Ubuntu and android is going to be working. But of course I also would be interested in this combo and try my best to achieve it.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DerTeufel1980 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 09:35 AM |#13  
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Re: Dual-boot donation thread - Currently >$281.00
I would be willing to donate at least 25 to the cause

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium
20th February 2013, 11:30 AM |#14  
RichMD's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 777
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by btpd21

I would be willing to donate at least 25 to the cause

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

Thanks, I will add your name to the list. I will also create a thread on the Verizon forum since they would benefit as well.
20th February 2013, 05:58 PM |#15  
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Re: Dual-boot donation thread - Currently >$306.00
Cool. Also bump for great justice. Let's keep this thread on top so that we get more donations to make this kernel a reality. I'm so excited by the prospect

Edit: and make it $29 instead of 25 to make it a nicer number

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium
Last edited by btpd21; 20th February 2013 at 06:00 PM.
20th February 2013, 06:20 PM |#16  
inningsdefeat500's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
When it's dual boot, does it mean we can boot 2 ROMS?

I am asking this coz, its been so long since the Note 2 released and we are still struggling with a solution to ALLSHARE DONGLE working with a CUSTOM ROM and this is specific to AT&T ( or rogers for that matter )

So, if there is a way to boot in Stock Rom for ALLSHARE and then boot in Custom Rom for other goodies, then this is awesome

Can someone clarify, i would be happy to donate
20th February 2013, 06:30 PM |#17  
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Re: Dual-boot donation thread - Currently >$306.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by inningsdefeat500

When it's dual boot, does it mean we can boot 2 ROMS?

I am asking this coz, its been so long since the Note 2 released and we are still struggling with a solution to ALLSHARE DONGLE working with a CUSTOM ROM and this is specific to AT&T ( or rogers for that matter )

So, if there is a way to boot in Stock Rom for ALLSHARE and then boot in Custom Rom for other goodies, then this is awesome

Can someone clarify, i would be happy to donate

I don't know the exact ROMs that you can run with the dual boot kernel, but it does mean that you can run two separate ones on the same phone just by booting into one or the other. Look at the op and read the developers thread for the dual boot kernel that he made for another phone and it will help clarify the project

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to btpd21 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 11:17 PM |#18  
RichMD's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 777
 
More
Re: Dual-boot donation thread - Currently >$310.00
Up to 310 now.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
21st February 2013, 01:56 AM |#19  
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Re: Dual-boot donation thread - Currently >$310.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMD

Up to 310 now.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

What are we going to need total?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium
22nd February 2013, 03:49 AM |#20  
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Re: Dual-boot donation thread - Currently >$310.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by btpd21

What are we going to need total?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

Any idea about price? Also, bump! Why would anyone not want this kernel for our device?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium
22nd February 2013, 03:58 AM |#21  
RichMD's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 777
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by btpd21

Any idea about price? Also, bump! Why would anyone not want this kernel for our device?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

I'm not sure. DerTeufel found a device locally for 599 euros and is willing to chip in 100 euros. I don't know why people aren't more interested in this functionality. I have considered opening threads in the Sprint and T-Mobile forums. The N7100/N7105 forums have been silent and the Verizon forum has only negative comments about donations... I sent a PM to DerTeufel to see what he thinks.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes