Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 41,457 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Desktop dock options.

Tip us?

CuraeL
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 177
Default Desktop dock options.

Desktop docks.. Do you have one? Is Kidigu the only non-official one that supports anything audio/video output? Is the HTC one the only1 supporting pogo's?.. It boggles my mind that there's not an honest portrait-mode dock, using the pogo's, I presume those are made from same standard as the regular USB? I mean.. The wirering? Have you guys found anything portrait-mode, that will charge the HTC One X?

- I'm not a big fan of the bulky, white 30 degree charger from HTC. - I reckon I may as well place the phone directly on the table if I want it facing screen up and save the 1209319320 quid for an "elevating prop". *wink wink* For me a charger is supposed to be in portrait mode.. :/ But that's ofc. me. You guys can use whatever you'd like, lawl.

Anyways, have you found anything other than the landscape docks?

"XO Pressley has the deck."
-
Get Tab Pro 10.1.psd complete with gloss and background layers here to make your own smechsy screenshot.

archie winnington-ingram
Old
Thanks Meter 191

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Desktop dock options.

No, but I did try to make one... As it happens it didn't work. I didn't have the time, patience or drive. But having said that it shouldn't be all that challenging. Lots of cool ideas for them on the Google (Google is your friend). So maybe give that a go?

Sent from my Bladed One X
HTC One XL
Network: Orange (EE)
Rom: ViperXL
Kernel: ElementalX
S-OFF
SuperCid
etc etc

repvik
Old
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
A word of warning: I've got two original speaker docks. Both of them randomly makes crackling and hissing noises - even when no phone is connected.
The original docks are also pretty annoying - requiring a shim if you don't have a case that fits in the dock. This shim falls off most of the times I pick up my phone.
And the volume control sucks. The difference from "mute" and "as low as possible" is HUGE. There is no middle ground - and I have to turn down the volume on the phone before I dock so the volume isn't completely insane.

(But the sound is pretty awesome though)

jonshipman
Old
Thanks Meter 32
What I've found to fix the crackling is cleaning both the dock and phone.
GS4 GT-I9505G

repvik
Old
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonshipman View Post
What I've found to fix the crackling is cleaning both the dock and phone.
Docks and phone started crackling when brand new. And the dock starts crackling on its own, without a phone in it. I doubt cleaning the contacts will help anything with that.

The-Last-Hylian
Old
Thanks Meter 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuraeL View Post
Desktop docks.. Do you have one? Is Kidigu the only non-official one that supports anything audio/video output? Is the HTC one the only1 supporting pogo's?.. It boggles my mind that there's not an honest portrait-mode dock, using the pogo's, I presume those are made from same standard as the regular USB? I mean.. The wirering? Have you guys found anything portrait-mode, that will charge the HTC One X?

- I'm not a big fan of the bulky, white 30 degree charger from HTC. - I reckon I may as well place the phone directly on the table if I want it facing screen up and save the 1209319320 quid for an "elevating prop". *wink wink* For me a charger is supposed to be in portrait mode.. :/ But that's ofc. me. You guys can use whatever you'd like, lawl.

Anyways, have you found anything other than the landscape docks?
I've been thinking the same thing recently, I dislike the charger that came with my HOX and I wan't to get a decent dock to replace it with.

BTW, love your sig, I'd like a decent Lightning wallpaper like that!
Device: HTC One - ARHD 71.1 | Android 4.4.2 KitKat | HTC Sense 6.0 | TWRP v2.6.3.3
Nexus 7 - Stock

Feel free to Thank me anytime

Gaijintensity
HTC One (M8) - Mega Tech Discussion Thread >>
My Guide: The Ultimate Stock to Custom ROM awesomeness Thread - Noob Friendly