Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,073 Members 44,833 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

can't biot surface rt/looping?

Tip us?

RobbieRobski
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default can't biot surface rt/looping?

My device was running a little low on juice, so I plugged it in while watching tv for about an hour or so.

When I tried to unlock it, nothing happened so I thought crud maybe my ac wasn't plugged in. I attached the charging cable and the led did turn on so not sure what's up. I long pressed the power button and saw the surface logo but then the screen went dark. This is while it is plugged in to charge mind you.

If the battery really was dead, shouldn't I be able to use it while plugged in?

Whenever I plug in I usually make sure I see the led but even if I missed it or forgot, how patient should I be to wait doe it to charge up?

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,688
Even if completely discharged, it's posible to boot Surface RT while it's plugged in. At worst, a few minutes of charging should give it enough joice to get past the boot screen (it charges very quickly, ~3 hours for a full charge and 2 hours for mostly full).
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

RobbieRobski
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Still unable to boot up :/