Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,798 Members 49,868 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Chrome & 4.2.2

Tip us?

bee55
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I have Chrome neatly frozen with Titanium Backup since I got the N10 (I had terrible experience with it on my phone). Never had any problems related to it.

tgrgrd00
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Default Re: Chrome & 4.2.2

This thread begs my question. I am using Chrome Beta but what do you do with the native Chrome? I have both installed because it seems like Chrome is pretty well integrated into the system and there isn't a uninstall option.

I could freeze it but don't want it to cause any issues.

Any thoughts or experiences?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

stiggy2012
Old
Thanks Meter 95
I use Chrome beta, and have had 1 hard-freeze in Chrome in approx 20 hours use since the upgrade to 4.2.2. Being the beta version of Chrome it can occasionally crash also, but its not too often this happens now either. I don't mind Chrome crashing every few hours as its only a 3 second job to press the button on my homescreen with my tabs still loaded when it re-opens, but freezes are not cool.

Before that, I was on cyanogenmod and Chrome would get a freeze every 5 hours or so.

jonstrong
Old
Thanks Meter 662

Only had occasional freezes in Chrome beta since early December. In over 100 hours uptime since installing 4.2.2 I've only used Chrome (not beta!) and had zero lagging, zero freezes and no reboots.

... beamed from my Nexus 10 to your planet
LG G2 (VzW vs980)
Innovate

v4nt0m
Old
(Last edited by v4nt0m; 19th February 2013 at 02:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 7
I was having major problems with chrome after 4.2.2 it was just being sluggish and locking up for seconds or more at a time, rebooting seems to fix it and the problem is intermittent.

rcatron
Old
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME

I have always had lock up and restart problems in chrome on my Nexus 10. I cannot see a particular repeatable browser action and/or site that causes the lock up, but the process is always the same:

Browsing, chrome hangs, screen buttons freeze, and after multiple screen touches the device will shut down and restart.

Happens perhaps 3-4 times a week

I have also had it lock up like that one time while using the cameras, but only once. I have owned the device since launch.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

jeepguy_1980
Old
Thanks Meter 1

I had crashes several times per day with Chrome (beta and stock)and 4.2.1. I've had zero crashes under 4.2.2 with Chrome beta. I haven't tried the stick version under 4.2.2.

commzod
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I used to continually have issues with chrome locking or rebooting. Not sure if it was the change to 4.2.2 or the fact I finally bit the bullet and rooted then installed Seeder and LagFix Free but I haven't had a lock up since and things seem to be running faster than ever!!!! Still stock rom and kernel

khaidottk
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I still get crashes with 4.2.2, but it's much reduced compared to 4.2.1. I used to be getting several a day and now it's every couple days.

erikiksaz
Old
Thanks Meter 93
For those with issues, have you performed a factory reset?