Tip us?

hydro945
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Deodexing a stock rom

Hello,

Long time lurker, not much of a poster.

Anyway - I was wondering if there are any guides or if anyone could give me some pointers on how to create a deodexed version of stock ROM?
What kind of effort is required to accomplish this?

Thank you in advance.

hydro945
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro945 View Post
Hello,

Long time lurker, not much of a poster.

Anyway - I was wondering if there are any guides or if anyone could give me some pointers on how to create a deodexed version of stock ROM?
What kind of effort is required to accomplish this?

Thank you in advance.
I've started looking into using dsixda's Android Kitchen to accomplish this. Will this method work? I'll report back after I play around with it some.

t3project
Old
Thanks Meter 1361

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro945 View Post
I've started looking into using dsixda's Android Kitchen to accomplish this. Will this method work? I'll report back after I play around with it some.
yes. it works fine. that's what most people use. there are stock deodexed versions out already. no need to repeat what has already been done unless you just want to learn.

hydro945
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3project View Post
yes. it works fine. that's what most people use. there are stock deodexed versions out already. no need to repeat what has already been done unless you just want to learn.
Thanks t3. More looking to learn all the basics and eventually help the community. Thanks for your advice!