Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,051 Members 53,676 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Note Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 is rolling out for Germany Hong Kong and Taiwan

Tip us?

fautiq
Old
Thanks Meter 5
at last...
I flashed this rom to my note.. is it safe to use stock kernel? or need to flash others kernel like Philz?
feels some lag..currently restore my app.. hope this will be a great rom..

eybee1970
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13284
Quote:
Originally Posted by denialnw10 View Post
OK, so I downloaded the update last night and noticed a bit of lag, which I thought was normal as it happened when I initially downloaded ICS, but I remembered that on ICS I did a factory reset to get it running like butter.

So this morning I decided to do a factory reset... It's the same. The update is a dud!

My ICS was smooth as hell! I thought that this 4.1.2 "butter" update was supposed to make it better!

I official rename this update 4.1.2 with less "butter" and more "stutter"

I would say, this release is smooth as butter for 90% of the people - smoother then any ICS-release or even highly tweaked Custom ROM (and I know what I am talking about )...so you better think about why you are one of these 10%ers left out
I don't need money for my work!!
Donate to Medicins sans Frontieres
http://www.msf.org/msf/donations/donations_home.cfm
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eybee1970 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

denialnw10
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by eybee1970 View Post
I would say, this release is smooth as butter for 90% of the people - smoother then any ICS-release or even highly tweaked Custom ROM (and I know what I am talking about )...so you better think about why you are one of these 10%ers left out
OK, just did a second factory reset and things seem to be running as they should!!! Just updated post!

fredrikwe
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Kies hangs after download of components

Kies starts up offering JB update, but hangs after having reached 100%

altae
Old
Thanks Meter 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by eybee1970 View Post
lol...

EDIT: maybe you guys need to format you USB Storage and SD-Card....backup your files before
I took out the external sd card to no avail. So I suspect the internal storage to be the reason. I am currently backing up my data on the internal storage and as soon as its done I will format it so see if that helps.

mikearmstrong
Old
Thanks Meter 0
OK, I'm running stock ICS with no root on LRQ build.

I want to flash the stock German JB update with wipe - but I don't want to do any root type stuff. Can I just ask how I can wipe safely without doing any root stuff - so I don't fall foul of the ICS wipe bug? I have the option under 'Settings|Backup and Reset|Factory Data Reset' - will this be safe and sufficient? I also understand that I can wipe from the recovery menu - is this safe? I know a message a few back mentions something about 'Philz' but I presume that needs root and I think it may be a bit out of my depth.

I have the option to backup to google servers selected and automatic restore ticked also. Once wiped and flashed with JB, does this mean that all my apps and data will automatically be restored? I don;t want to have to do all those levels on World of Goo again!

Thanks!

fulltank
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikearmstrong View Post
OK, I'm running stock ICS with no root on LRQ build.

I want to flash the stock German JB update with wipe - but I don't want to do any root type stuff. Can I just ask how I can wipe safely without doing any root stuff - so I don't fall foul of the ICS wipe bug? I have the option under 'Settings|Backup and Reset|Factory Data Reset' - will this be safe and sufficient? I also understand that I can wipe from the recovery menu - is this safe? I know a message a few back mentions something about 'Philz' but I presume that needs root and I think it may be a bit out of my depth.

I have the option to backup to google servers selected and automatic restore ticked also. Once wiped and flashed with JB, does this mean that all my apps and data will automatically be restored? I don;t want to have to do all those levels on World of Goo again!

Thanks!
Method1.You can just flash the JB update via ODIN (No manual wipe required - don't do it from recovery anyway !).Then do the setup up on restart,enable restore from google back up , turn on wifi - all apps installed from play store will automatically downloaded again and install > Your data may be lost - I mean including all levels of world of goo !

Method 2.Download carbon sync app from play store and back up all apps + data first.Do a wipe from settings / factory format (if you insist),Then do method 1 above , then restore all apps + data by carbon (some apps fail to restore / back up , but most are ok).

Method 3.Use kies / OTA to upgrade (if its available in your region) , all apps + data will be safe (no wipe)

Above methods are for non root /Don't root/never root

Normal method by ever rooted ,
Method 4: flash philz ,install Titanium Backup and backup all app+data, do a format for new ROM from recovery ,flash with zip ROM ,restore all app+data.

I think method 2 is better for you...
HTC HD2 / 8GB Class 6 /NexusHD2-JellyBean-4.1.2-CM10 V1.4a [DataOnEXT]
Leo_RADIO_2.15.50.14
MAGLDR 1.13
CWM Recovery Touch beta 8
+ Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 - [KitKat][4.4.2][Omni]Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 Naughties
+Galaxy Note GT-N8000 OmniROM 4.4.2
+Nexus 7 (2012) Stock 4.4.2
+Nexus 7 (2013) Asylum Omni 4.4.2
+MOTO G XT1033 Stock 4.4.2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fulltank For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

altae
Old
Thanks Meter 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by altae View Post
I took out the external sd card to no avail. So I suspect the internal storage to be the reason. I am currently backing up my data on the internal storage and as soon as its done I will format it so see if that helps.
Still no solution. Formating the internal storage did nothing. I realized that the media storage app stopps automatically if you let it work. But unfortunately it runs at full speed for almost 20 minutes meaning by the time it eventually stopps it has already sucked almost 50 % of the battery dry. Really nice rom, thank you Samsung.

eybee1970
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13284
Quote:
Originally Posted by altae View Post
Still no solution. Formating the internal storage did nothing. I realized that the media storage app stopps automatically if you let it work. But unfortunately it runs at full speed for almost 20 minutes meaning by the time it eventually stopps it has already sucked almost 50 % of the battery dry. Really nice rom, thank you Samsung.
Depending on how much media (audio, pics, videos) you installed on your storage, mediascanner has to run ONCE to rebuild all thumbnails!!! This will not happen on every boot...
I don't need money for my work!!
Donate to Medicins sans Frontieres
http://www.msf.org/msf/donations/donations_home.cfm

igorescu04
Old
Thanks Meter 159

DONATE TO ME
Hy guys,

Who can tell me exacly what tick should I keep in PC Odin 1.85 to flash this rom ... ?

I'm coming from 4.2.2 Asylum , fist of all I will wipe everything om my phone, make a backup, then full wipe .

Please anyone answer me before I flash..
THx