Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Galaxy Note Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 is rolling out for Germany Hong Kong and Taiwan

OP shantanubarik

19th February 2013, 11:17 AM   |  #311  
fautiq's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
at last...
I flashed this rom to my note.. is it safe to use stock kernel? or need to flash others kernel like Philz?
feels some lag..currently restore my app.. hope this will be a great rom..
19th February 2013, 11:20 AM   |  #312  
eybee1970's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 13,291
 
4,922 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by denialnw10

OK, so I downloaded the update last night and noticed a bit of lag, which I thought was normal as it happened when I initially downloaded ICS, but I remembered that on ICS I did a factory reset to get it running like butter.

So this morning I decided to do a factory reset... It's the same. The update is a dud!

My ICS was smooth as hell! I thought that this 4.1.2 "butter" update was supposed to make it better!

I official rename this update 4.1.2 with less "butter" and more "stutter"

I would say, this release is smooth as butter for 90% of the people - smoother then any ICS-release or even highly tweaked Custom ROM (and I know what I am talking about )...so you better think about why you are one of these 10%ers left out
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eybee1970 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 11:32 AM   |  #313  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
99 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by eybee1970

I would say, this release is smooth as butter for 90% of the people - smoother then any ICS-release or even highly tweaked Custom ROM (and I know what I am talking about )...so you better think about why you are one of these 10%ers left out

OK, just did a second factory reset and things seem to be running as they should!!! Just updated post!
19th February 2013, 11:38 AM   |  #314  
Member
Flag Xbia, Alicante
Thanks Meter: 4
 
51 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Kies hangs after download of components
Kies starts up offering JB update, but hangs after having reached 100%
19th February 2013, 11:59 AM   |  #315  
altae's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag St. Gallen
Thanks Meter: 221
 
1,348 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eybee1970

lol...

EDIT: maybe you guys need to format you USB Storage and SD-Card....backup your files before

I took out the external sd card to no avail. So I suspect the internal storage to be the reason. I am currently backing up my data on the internal storage and as soon as its done I will format it so see if that helps.
19th February 2013, 12:17 PM   |  #316  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
OK, I'm running stock ICS with no root on LRQ build.

I want to flash the stock German JB update with wipe - but I don't want to do any root type stuff. Can I just ask how I can wipe safely without doing any root stuff - so I don't fall foul of the ICS wipe bug? I have the option under 'Settings|Backup and Reset|Factory Data Reset' - will this be safe and sufficient? I also understand that I can wipe from the recovery menu - is this safe? I know a message a few back mentions something about 'Philz' but I presume that needs root and I think it may be a bit out of my depth.

I have the option to backup to google servers selected and automatic restore ticked also. Once wiped and flashed with JB, does this mean that all my apps and data will automatically be restored? I don;t want to have to do all those levels on World of Goo again!

Thanks!
19th February 2013, 01:02 PM   |  #317  
fulltank's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
168 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
Tutorial
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikearmstrong

OK, I'm running stock ICS with no root on LRQ build.

I want to flash the stock German JB update with wipe - but I don't want to do any root type stuff. Can I just ask how I can wipe safely without doing any root stuff - so I don't fall foul of the ICS wipe bug? I have the option under 'Settings|Backup and Reset|Factory Data Reset' - will this be safe and sufficient? I also understand that I can wipe from the recovery menu - is this safe? I know a message a few back mentions something about 'Philz' but I presume that needs root and I think it may be a bit out of my depth.

I have the option to backup to google servers selected and automatic restore ticked also. Once wiped and flashed with JB, does this mean that all my apps and data will automatically be restored? I don;t want to have to do all those levels on World of Goo again!

Thanks!

Method1.You can just flash the JB update via ODIN (No manual wipe required - don't do it from recovery anyway !).Then do the setup up on restart,enable restore from google back up , turn on wifi - all apps installed from play store will automatically downloaded again and install > Your data may be lost - I mean including all levels of world of goo !

Method 2.Download carbon sync app from play store and back up all apps + data first.Do a wipe from settings / factory format (if you insist),Then do method 1 above , then restore all apps + data by carbon (some apps fail to restore / back up , but most are ok).

Method 3.Use kies / OTA to upgrade (if its available in your region) , all apps + data will be safe (no wipe)

Above methods are for non root /Don't root/never root


Normal method by ever rooted ,
Method 4: flash philz ,install Titanium Backup and backup all app+data, do a format for new ROM from recovery ,flash with zip ROM ,restore all app+data.

I think method 2 is better for you...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fulltank For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 01:09 PM   |  #318  
altae's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag St. Gallen
Thanks Meter: 221
 
1,348 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by altae

I took out the external sd card to no avail. So I suspect the internal storage to be the reason. I am currently backing up my data on the internal storage and as soon as its done I will format it so see if that helps.

Still no solution. Formating the internal storage did nothing. I realized that the media storage app stopps automatically if you let it work. But unfortunately it runs at full speed for almost 20 minutes meaning by the time it eventually stopps it has already sucked almost 50 % of the battery dry. Really nice rom, thank you Samsung.
19th February 2013, 01:13 PM   |  #319  
eybee1970's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 13,291
 
4,922 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by altae

Still no solution. Formating the internal storage did nothing. I realized that the media storage app stopps automatically if you let it work. But unfortunately it runs at full speed for almost 20 minutes meaning by the time it eventually stopps it has already sucked almost 50 % of the battery dry. Really nice rom, thank you Samsung.

Depending on how much media (audio, pics, videos) you installed on your storage, mediascanner has to run ONCE to rebuild all thumbnails!!! This will not happen on every boot...
19th February 2013, 01:21 PM   |  #320  
igorescu04's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 198
 
623 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
More
Hy guys,

Who can tell me exacly what tick should I keep in PC Odin 1.85 to flash this rom ... ?

I'm coming from 4.2.2 Asylum , fist of all I will wipe everything om my phone, make a backup, then full wipe .

Please anyone answer me before I flash..
THx

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes