Problem Booting Note 10.1 n8013

Tip us?

rakill3r
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy Problem Booting Note 10.1 n8013

Hello All,

I'm kinda stuck here and I think I have read and tried everything. Wondering if this thing is bricked. Signs tell me know, but don't know what else to do. Anyway here is some info. My note n8013 has a Redemption rom which I have had for a couple of months with no problems. Sorry don't remember the version. Either way I come home one day and its stuck on the boot animation screen. So i reboot it and it has the normal samsung boot screen, then it gets to the rom animation screen and gets stuck again. I cannot get pass this screen at all. Next I try to boot into TWRP so that I can restore to a previous backup. As I hold the power and volume up and reboot I then let go on power and keep holding volume up, then I get to see the TWRP logo, it disappears and reboots. So I am unable to get into TWRP. So then I go into download mode which seems to get there fine, but no matter what I try to flash with odin it fails. I have the same version odin v1.85 and drivers I had when I first started messing with this. I then try all the new versions still no go. I have tried to get the latest TWRP and CWM with odin. Nothing. I have also tried a compatible rom and nothing. Many thanks in advance.

-rakill3r
AT&T Galaxy Note i717 - LiquidSmooth

AT&T Galaxy Note i317 - Stock Rooted

Galaxy Note 10.1 n8013 - Redemption

jaydubbbbs
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakill3r View Post
Hello All,

I'm kinda stuck here and I think I have read and tried everything. Wondering if this thing is bricked. Signs tell me know, but don't know what else to do. Anyway here is some info. My note n8013 has a Redemption rom which I have had for a couple of months with no problems. Sorry don't remember the version. Either way I come home one day and its stuck on the boot animation screen. So i reboot it and it has the normal samsung boot screen, then it gets to the rom animation screen and gets stuck again. I cannot get pass this screen at all. Next I try to boot into TWRP so that I can restore to a previous backup. As I hold the power and volume up and reboot I then let go on power and keep holding volume up, then I get to see the TWRP logo, it disappears and reboots. So I am unable to get into TWRP. So then I go into download mode which seems to get there fine, but no matter what I try to flash with odin it fails. I have the same version odin v1.85 and drivers I had when I first started messing with this. I then try all the new versions still no go. I have tried to get the latest TWRP and CWM with odin. Nothing. I have also tried a compatible rom and nothing. Many thanks in advance.

-rakill3r
have you tried a stock ROM? I found I had to use ODIN 3.04 on mine

rakill3r
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydubbbbs View Post
have you tried a stock ROM? I found I had to use ODIN 3.04 on mine

ok so now I have tried a bunch of stock roms using the odin 3.04 and other versions, still no go. Not sure what to do.

The Following User Says Thank You to rakill3r For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sphere314
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
ok so now I have tried a bunch of stock roms using the odin 3.04 and other versions, still no go. Not sure what to do.
By any chance are you using Windows 8 with Odin? I've heard there could be problems with W8...

rakill3r
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sphere314 View Post
By any chance are you using Windows 8 with Odin? I've heard there could be problems with W8...
Sorry I forgot to mention what version of windows. I am using Windows 7 SP1 64bit. I am just wondering why I cannot load TWRP direct from my Note anymore. Like I said it shows up and disappears. I have backups I made from that, just cannot get back to restore it.

kkretch
Old
Thanks Meter 368
Quote:
Sorry I forgot to mention what version of windows. I am using Windows 7 SP1 64bit. I am just wondering why I cannot load TWRP direct from my Note anymore. Like I said it shows up and disappears. I have backups I made from that, just cannot get back to restore it.
Did you try to do a factory reset in TWRP and or clear the cache?

Then try to reload factory ROM in Oden.

rakill3r
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkretch View Post
Did you try to do a factory reset in TWRP and or clear the cache?

Then try to reload factory ROM in Oden.
I am unable to load TWRP. The main screen comes up and then it disappears.

rakill3r
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I am unable to load TWRP. The main screen comes up and then it disappears.
I think it makes sense for me to brick this some how and maybe get a warranty swap. I've only had this since Oct 2012. I cannot give it to them like this when they see the animation of a custom rom. I've never had an issue with any device till this. Driving me crazy

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
Default Re: Problem Booting Note 10.1 n8013

Try flash a different recovery is about all left.
Possible likewise flash just a kernel.

jje

Sent from my GT-N8010 using xda premium

rakill3r
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan View Post
Try flash a different recovery is about all left.
Possible likewise flash just a kernel.

jje

Sent from my GT-N8010 using xda premium
Man I tried everything I can think of. It may just be a hardware issue. I called for samsung support and they sent me a shipping label. Hope I can get the warranty with this custom rom animation. they will also see the twrp logo when trying to go to recovery. Makes me nervous about sending it in.