Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,336 Members 36,471 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Minor OTA coming?

Tip us?

Chuck Snorus
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Minor OTA coming?

Any insight into what this might be?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/02...r-ota-updates/

jscarano
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Snorus View Post
Any insight into what this might be?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/02...r-ota-updates/
+1 http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-re...pdate#comments

greensky23
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Curious about this as well. Most people have a hunch it's a radio firmware update, so if anyone sees improved signal/call quality I'd be very interested to know.

User Harold Goldner on Droid-Life had an interesting point.

Quote:
If you are one of the more than 95% who run stock, it can't hurt. It's too small to be bloatware. My guess is it's an hboot update and a radio fix (and that's purely speculative). The Official ICS update was v. 3.14.605.12 so this is a tiny increment. The Global leak radio/firmware was 2.22.10.0801r, 12.22.10.0803r, so this radio firmware version number is actually lower. For those of us running S-OFF, custom ROMs and the global leaked firmware, probably nothing of interest here. Certainly not worth RUUing back to stock to "check it out."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greensky23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LOBBS
Old
Thanks Meter 596
Default Re: Minor OTA coming?

Huh, my wife's Rezound is bone stock. I'll have to check it out when it hits her phone.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LOBBS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

platinumrims
Old
Thanks Meter 314

Lol firmware... Like there aren't other things that need fixes. Lawd HTC sux.

LOBBS
Old
Thanks Meter 596

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumrims View Post
Lol firmware... Like there aren't other things that need fixes. Lawd HTC sux.
What exactly do you think needs fixed? I've seen you make this comment several time.

platinumrims
Old
Thanks Meter 314

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOBBS View Post
What exactly do you think needs fixed? I've seen you make this comment several time.

What doesn't need to be done lol. Stutter scroll, lag, lock screen from an older sense version, messaging app, app drawer lag/stutter, system settings taking way too long to open from the home screen... I'm sure there are more issues "under the surface", keyboard is awful, can't predict it's or It's.

What's funny is most of that is fixed in the sense 4 (and up) roms. But they won't give us sense 4.

LOBBS
Old
Thanks Meter 596

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumrims View Post
What doesn't need to be done lol. Stutter scroll, lag, lock screen from an older sense version, messaging app, app drawer lag/stutter, system settings taking way too long to open from the home screen... I'm sure there are more issues "under the surface", keyboard is awful, can't predict it's or It's.

What's funny is most of that is fixed in the sense 4 (and up) roms. But they won't give us sense 4.
Huh, never really noticed those things but I haven't been stock in a long time. My wife's Rezound is stock other than I updated her's to the global RUU and haven't had those troubles with her's either.

HTC, to the best of my knowledge, didn't upgrade any of their phones with an S3 processor to Sense 4+. Having run Sense 4 ROMs, and those are almost always full of tweaks, I can't really say that any improvements were a result of the higher version or the tweaks baked in. In either case, I guess I prefer the overall look and feel of 3.6 and always end up back on Ineff Deus.

To each his own.

platinumrims
Old
Thanks Meter 314

That's what I use too. All 7 of the rezound I've had have all done the same things. Stock or not.

demmo86rt
Old
Thanks Meter 373

I'd be willing to bet, considering their recent deal with Apple and the fact that the DInc2 is also getting a minor update, that it's going to be the removal of the app preferences garbage and maybe some small bug fixes.

Sometimes you have to be smarter than your smartphone.