Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,443 Members 39,330 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][TOUCHWIZ] PeanutButta Jelly

Tip us?

imnuts
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2969

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolishesh View Post
Why I keep getting failed when I try install this kernel with twrp? I downloaded the kernel twice, and still same error
Quote:
Originally Posted by kintwofan View Post
I bet it says status 7. If You read the OP it says you need to update your recovery.
What he said, first question in the FAQ:

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts
FAQ
I get a "Status 7" error when trying to install, WTF?
Update your recovery. TWRP that is flashed via the unlock method does not process asserts properly (it was compiled for a different Note 2 model). This is meant to keep people from flashing this to the wrong device.
Setup a Development Environment
Setup and Use the Android SDK
Stock Odin Restore files

You can find the answer to all of your questions right here. If that doesn't work, then try this or this
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imnuts For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hopesrequiem
Old
Thanks Meter 1044
Default Re: [KERNEL][TW][2-18-13]PeanutButta Jelly

How do we utilize the voodoo sound that was pulled in? Sorry if that's a dumb question just never heard of voodoo sound before today

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

imnuts
Old
Thanks Meter 2969

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopesrequiem View Post
How do we utilize the voodoo sound that was pulled in? Sorry if that's a dumb question just never heard of voodoo sound before today
I haven't really done much with it yet on my Note 2 (I've been busy), but you can use the Voodoo Sound app to control it. I haven't listened to see how the various settings affect things though yet. I know back on my Fascinate and Charge, there was a vast difference, but I haven't noticed anything with my Note 2 yet.
Stock Odin Restore files

You can find the answer to all of your questions right here. If that doesn't work, then try this or this
The Following User Says Thank You to imnuts For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

evolishesh
Old
Thanks Meter 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
I haven't really done much with it yet on my Note 2 (I've been busy), but you can use the Voodoo Sound app to control it. I haven't listened to see how the various settings affect things though yet. I know back on my Fascinate and Charge, there was a vast difference, but I haven't noticed anything with my Note 2 yet.
I hear no difference. I hope you can get it working better in the future

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

kintwofan
Old
Thanks Meter 2832

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
You're right on the charge it was night and day. On the note less noticeable difference, but there is. I was in my company car today. Normally I can only turn the volume up to 32 when playing through the aux port before it distorts. Today I had it up to 40 and it was loud and crystal clear. Also just a much crisper sound through all ranges.

If you are using expensive headphones the sound is probably already great so you won't know the difference, but in my companies cheap car it was evident.

The Following User Says Thank You to kintwofan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hopesrequiem
Old
Thanks Meter 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by kintwofan View Post
You're right on the charge it was night and day. On the note less noticeable difference, but there is. I was in my company car today. Normally I can only turn the volume up to 32 when playing through the aux port before it distorts. Today I had it up to 40 and it was loud and crystal clear. Also just a much crisper sound through all ranges.

If you are using expensive headphones the sound is probably already great so you won't know the difference, but in my companies cheap car it was evident.

I probably won't hear any difference then. Klipsche s4i's kick ass already haha

imnuts
Old
Thanks Meter 2969

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolishesh View Post
I hear no difference. I hope you can get it working better in the future
Depending on what you're listening too, you won't hear a difference. Voodoo Sound cleans up the output of the audio, and it only affects things going through the 3.5mm jack, so the speaker and bluetooth aren't affected. If you're looking for something like Beats Audio (which is nothing but a marketing ploy), this isn't it. The Play Store entry gives a general idea of what it is meant to accomplish, and there is some more info on his website and on XDA about what Voodoo Sound is and isn't.
Stock Odin Restore files

evolishesh
Old
Thanks Meter 136

Quote:
Depending on what you're listening too, you won't hear a difference. Voodoo Sound cleans up the output of the audio, and it only affects things going through the 3.5mm jack, so the speaker and bluetooth aren't affected. If you're looking for something like Beats Audio (which is nothing but a marketing ploy), this isn't it. The Play Store entry gives a general idea of what it is meant to accomplish, and there is some more info on his website and on XDA about what Voodoo Sound is and isn't.
Thanks for the info! Beats audio it's okay, but I like it cause it makes the sound so much higher than stock.

Does your Rom have any volume anhancements?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

littleguevara
Old
(Last edited by littleguevara; 19th February 2013 at 08:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 235

Been running this all day, definitely doesn't hurt anything. Thanks op

Edit: after running it since release it starting hot rebooting on YouTube video fast forwarding, back to stock I go

sent from my Note 2

GermanGuy
Old
(Last edited by GermanGuy; 19th February 2013 at 01:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 109

Getting a boot loop on beans 9. Did wipe cache and dalvik.

Update: same boot loop when installing on ported tweaks rom for Verizon.

AT&T HTC One M8