FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[KERNEL][TOUCHWIZ] PeanutButta Jelly

18th February 2013, 11:37 PM |#21  
imnuts's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag West Chester
Thanks Meter: 3,052
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolishesh

Why I keep getting failed when I try install this kernel with twrp? I downloaded the kernel twice, and still same error

Quote:
Originally Posted by kintwofan

I bet it says status 7. If You read the OP it says you need to update your recovery.

What he said, first question in the FAQ:

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts

FAQ
I get a "Status 7" error when trying to install, WTF?
Update your recovery. TWRP that is flashed via the unlock method does not process asserts properly (it was compiled for a different Note 2 model). This is meant to keep people from flashing this to the wrong device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imnuts For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
19th February 2013, 12:05 AM |#22  
hopesrequiem's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,057
 
More
Re: [KERNEL][TW][2-18-13]PeanutButta Jelly
How do we utilize the voodoo sound that was pulled in? Sorry if that's a dumb question just never heard of voodoo sound before today

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
19th February 2013, 12:12 AM |#23  
imnuts's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag West Chester
Thanks Meter: 3,052
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopesrequiem

How do we utilize the voodoo sound that was pulled in? Sorry if that's a dumb question just never heard of voodoo sound before today

I haven't really done much with it yet on my Note 2 (I've been busy), but you can use the Voodoo Sound app to control it. I haven't listened to see how the various settings affect things though yet. I know back on my Fascinate and Charge, there was a vast difference, but I haven't noticed anything with my Note 2 yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to imnuts For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 12:16 AM |#24  
evolishesh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 160
 
More
Re: [KERNEL][TW][2-18-13]PeanutButta Jelly
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts

I haven't really done much with it yet on my Note 2 (I've been busy), but you can use the Voodoo Sound app to control it. I haven't listened to see how the various settings affect things though yet. I know back on my Fascinate and Charge, there was a vast difference, but I haven't noticed anything with my Note 2 yet.

I hear no difference. I hope you can get it working better in the future

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
19th February 2013, 12:34 AM |#25  
kintwofan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Irmo, SC
Thanks Meter: 2,884
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: [KERNEL][TW][2-18-13]PeanutButta Jelly
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts

I haven't really done much with it yet on my Note 2 (I've been busy), but you can use the Voodoo Sound app to control it. I haven't listened to see how the various settings affect things though yet. I know back on my Fascinate and Charge, there was a vast difference, but I haven't noticed anything with my Note 2 yet.

You're right on the charge it was night and day. On the note less noticeable difference, but there is. I was in my company car today. Normally I can only turn the volume up to 32 when playing through the aux port before it distorts. Today I had it up to 40 and it was loud and crystal clear. Also just a much crisper sound through all ranges.

If you are using expensive headphones the sound is probably already great so you won't know the difference, but in my companies cheap car it was evident.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to kintwofan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 12:39 AM |#26  
hopesrequiem's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,057
 
More
Re: [KERNEL][TW][2-18-13]PeanutButta Jelly
Quote:
Originally Posted by kintwofan

You're right on the charge it was night and day. On the note less noticeable difference, but there is. I was in my company car today. Normally I can only turn the volume up to 32 when playing through the aux port before it distorts. Today I had it up to 40 and it was loud and crystal clear. Also just a much crisper sound through all ranges.

If you are using expensive headphones the sound is probably already great so you won't know the difference, but in my companies cheap car it was evident.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I probably won't hear any difference then. Klipsche s4i's kick ass already haha

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
19th February 2013, 01:35 AM |#27  
imnuts's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag West Chester
Thanks Meter: 3,052
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolishesh

I hear no difference. I hope you can get it working better in the future

Depending on what you're listening too, you won't hear a difference. Voodoo Sound cleans up the output of the audio, and it only affects things going through the 3.5mm jack, so the speaker and bluetooth aren't affected. If you're looking for something like Beats Audio (which is nothing but a marketing ploy), this isn't it. The Play Store entry gives a general idea of what it is meant to accomplish, and there is some more info on his website and on XDA about what Voodoo Sound is and isn't.
19th February 2013, 01:52 AM |#28  
evolishesh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 160
 
More
Re: [KERNEL][TW][2-18-13]PeanutButta Jelly
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts

Depending on what you're listening too, you won't hear a difference. Voodoo Sound cleans up the output of the audio, and it only affects things going through the 3.5mm jack, so the speaker and bluetooth aren't affected. If you're looking for something like Beats Audio (which is nothing but a marketing ploy), this isn't it. The Play Store entry gives a general idea of what it is meant to accomplish, and there is some more info on his website and on XDA about what Voodoo Sound is and isn't.

Thanks for the info! Beats audio it's okay, but I like it cause it makes the sound so much higher than stock.


Does your Rom have any volume anhancements?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
19th February 2013, 03:35 AM |#29  
littleguevara's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 237
 
More
Re: [KERNEL][TW][2-18-13]PeanutButta Jelly
Been running this all day, definitely doesn't hurt anything. Thanks op

Edit: after running it since release it starting hot rebooting on YouTube video fast forwarding, back to stock I go

sent from my Note 2
Last edited by littleguevara; 19th February 2013 at 08:00 AM.
19th February 2013, 05:34 AM |#30  
GermanGuy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 119
 
More
Re: [KERNEL][TW][2-18-13]PeanutButta Jelly
Getting a boot loop on beans 9. Did wipe cache and dalvik.

Update: same boot loop when installing on ported tweaks rom for Verizon.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by GermanGuy; 19th February 2013 at 01:52 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes