150 posts
Re: [KERNEL][TW][2-18-13]PeanutButta Jelly
Lovin me some pbj great work much appreciated

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
23rd February 2013, 09:48 PM   |  #82  
Thanks Meter: 24

220 posts
Imnuts, any possibility you could make a version of this for AOSP? There aren't really any great AOSP options currently and I really like your ideas behind this one. Please!
25th February 2013, 02:44 PM   |  #83  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 203

467 posts
More
Been using PBJ on Beans 10 since Friday...exactly as advertised. And now I am believer that overclocking and undervolting doesn't really do much for this phone. It seems just as fast as when I had OC'ed to 1800 on Perseus 31.2 and the battery is a bit better than the undervolted settings I had working. Thanks for bringing this kernel to the Note 2.
The Following User Says Thank You to tfly212 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2013, 01:49 PM   |  #84  
Thanks Meter: 18

317 posts
Been running this kernel since the first release.. Only thing that happens occasionally is a random reboot only when i'm tethering.. assuming it gets too hot perhaps while tethering and the kernel is failing to downclock itself for protection so it trigger a reboot instead?

Otherwise battery life is outstanding (as good if not better than stock). Good work!
26th February 2013, 02:12 PM   |  #85  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 117

1,092 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdadevnube

So I just flashed and the kernel seems very snappy.
I noticed that CIFS does not seem to be supported.
I also had some trouble with Voodoo Sound. The latest version of Voodoo Sound seemed to be unable to utilize any of the features of the program. Headphone amplifier volume had no effect on the volume. Bass Boost feature did not work.
I don't expect miracles, I just wanted to report back. Perseus with STweaks works for controlling the features that Voodoo Sound has, albeit a bit more clumsy. In STweaks, there is no shortcut for the headphone amplifier control and no "Smart Amplifier" style volume control.

Has anybody noticed any improvement of sound with VooDoo sound? Ran it for a test drive yesterday and did not notice any difference. But maybe I am just not an audiophile.
26th February 2013, 02:19 PM   |  #86  
Thanks Meter: 18

317 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanGuy

Has anybody noticed any improvement of sound with VooDoo sound? Ran it for a test drive yesterday and did not notice any difference. But maybe I am just not an audiophile.

I wasn't a fan of Voodoosound personally, but it may not have been working properly for me.. You should check out Noozxoide which uses some functional audio enhancements.
26th February 2013, 03:12 PM   |  #87  
Thanks Meter: 31

187 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diversion

Been running this kernel since the first release.. Only thing that happens occasionally is a random reboot only when i'm tethering.. assuming it gets too hot perhaps while tethering and the kernel is failing to downclock itself for protection so it trigger a reboot instead?

Otherwise battery life is outstanding (as good if not better than stock). Good work!

Hi,
I actually had a reboot last night just browsing the web. I am running beans 10.
First time this phone ever rebooted without me asking for it.
I did a clean install full wipe first time using this kernel if it happens agsin may need to go back to beans stock it never rebooted on me.
Thanks,
Bryan
26th February 2013, 03:57 PM   |  #88  
Flag Irmo, SC
Thanks Meter: 2,882

5,061 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanGuy

This was discussed on the first Page. There's pretty good explanations there

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to kintwofan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2013, 10:35 PM   |  #89  
Thanks Meter: 107

432 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperjohn

Hi,
I actually had a reboot last night just browsing the web. I am running beans 10.
First time this phone ever rebooted without me asking for it.
I did a clean install full wipe first time using this kernel if it happens agsin may need to go back to beans stock it never rebooted on me.
Thanks,
Bryan

The same thing happened to me

26th February 2013, 10:43 PM   |  #90  
Thanks Meter: 20

82 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitronet

The same thing happened to me

I haven't had any reboots, but I have had a few lockups where the phone shuts off and won't respond. It takes a battery pull to turn it back on.

Sent from my SCH-I605

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread