5,605,685 Members 48,496 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][TOUCHWIZ] PeanutButta Jelly

Tip us?
 
Shaffer678
Old
#81  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 118
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default Re: [KERNEL][TW][2-18-13]PeanutButta Jelly

Lovin me some pbj great work much appreciated

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
 
strikeir13
Old
#82  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 213
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default Re: [KERNEL][TW][2-18-13]PeanutButta Jelly

Imnuts, any possibility you could make a version of this for AOSP? There aren't really any great AOSP options currently and I really like your ideas behind this one. Please!
 
tfly212
Old
#83  
tfly212's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 168
Posts: 386
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Been using PBJ on Beans 10 since Friday...exactly as advertised. And now I am believer that overclocking and undervolting doesn't really do much for this phone. It seems just as fast as when I had OC'ed to 1800 on Perseus 31.2 and the battery is a bit better than the undervolted settings I had working. Thanks for bringing this kernel to the Note 2.
AllianceROM 24
Devices previously Rooted and Rommed: Charge, Captivate, Nook Color, Lenovo IdeaPad A1, DINC, Razr Maxx
The Following User Says Thank You to tfly212 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Diversion
Old
#84  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 313
Join Date: Mar 2010
Been running this kernel since the first release.. Only thing that happens occasionally is a random reboot only when i'm tethering.. assuming it gets too hot perhaps while tethering and the kernel is failing to downclock itself for protection so it trigger a reboot instead?

Otherwise battery life is outstanding (as good if not better than stock). Good work!
 
GermanGuy
Old
#85  
GermanGuy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 915
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minneapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdadevnube View Post
So I just flashed and the kernel seems very snappy.
I noticed that CIFS does not seem to be supported.
I also had some trouble with Voodoo Sound. The latest version of Voodoo Sound seemed to be unable to utilize any of the features of the program. Headphone amplifier volume had no effect on the volume. Bass Boost feature did not work.
I don't expect miracles, I just wanted to report back. Perseus with STweaks works for controlling the features that Voodoo Sound has, albeit a bit more clumsy. In STweaks, there is no shortcut for the headphone amplifier control and no "Smart Amplifier" style volume control.
Has anybody noticed any improvement of sound with VooDoo sound? Ran it for a test drive yesterday and did not notice any difference. But maybe I am just not an audiophile.
AT&T HTC One M8
 
Diversion
Old
#86  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 313
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanGuy View Post
Has anybody noticed any improvement of sound with VooDoo sound? Ran it for a test drive yesterday and did not notice any difference. But maybe I am just not an audiophile.
I wasn't a fan of Voodoosound personally, but it may not have been working properly for me.. You should check out Noozxoide which uses some functional audio enhancements.
 
trapperjohn
Old
#87  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 180
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default Re: [KERNEL][TW][2-18-13]PeanutButta Jelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diversion View Post
Been running this kernel since the first release.. Only thing that happens occasionally is a random reboot only when i'm tethering.. assuming it gets too hot perhaps while tethering and the kernel is failing to downclock itself for protection so it trigger a reboot instead?

Otherwise battery life is outstanding (as good if not better than stock). Good work!
Hi,
I actually had a reboot last night just browsing the web. I am running beans 10.
First time this phone ever rebooted without me asking for it.
I did a clean install full wipe first time using this kernel if it happens agsin may need to go back to beans stock it never rebooted on me.
Thanks,
Bryan
 
kintwofan
Old
#88  
kintwofan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2706
Posts: 4,819
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Irmo, SC

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [KERNEL][TW][2-18-13]PeanutButta Jelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanGuy View Post
Has anybody noticed any improvement of sound with VooDoo sound? Ran it for a test drive yesterday and did not notice any difference. But maybe I am just not an audiophile.
This was discussed on the first Page. There's pretty good explanations there

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to kintwofan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nitronet
Old
#89  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 86
Posts: 353
Join Date: Jun 2006
Default Re: [KERNEL][TW][2-18-13]PeanutButta Jelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperjohn View Post
Hi,
I actually had a reboot last night just browsing the web. I am running beans 10.
First time this phone ever rebooted without me asking for it.
I did a clean install full wipe first time using this kernel if it happens agsin may need to go back to beans stock it never rebooted on me.
Thanks,
Bryan
The same thing happened to me

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
 
a1rb0rn
Old
#90  
Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 82
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default Re: [KERNEL][TW][2-18-13]PeanutButta Jelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitronet View Post
The same thing happened to me

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
I haven't had any reboots, but I have had a few lockups where the phone shuts off and won't respond. It takes a battery pull to turn it back on.

Sent from my SCH-I605

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes