FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

[SkyDragon] Repacked Kernel

4,399 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,351
 
By Guich, Recognized Contributor / Themer on 18th February 2013, 09:54 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
20th February 2013, 07:55 PM |#11  
theDroidfanatic's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Jeddah
Thanks Meter: 5,724
 
More
Re: [SkyDragon] Repacked Kernel
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonValentine

Guys, sorry for being noobish, but I just have to flash one of these boot.img via fastboot instead of the one inside the .zip of the rom ?
Thanks !

If you prefer using one of these, yep!

Don't forget to flash the modules!

Sent from my HTC One X
 
 
20th February 2013, 07:57 PM |#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 397
 
More
cannot download from googe..
20th February 2013, 08:02 PM |#13  
dragonesdenano's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Lanus, Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 19,587
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: [SkyDragon] Repacked Kernel
Quote:
Originally Posted by theDroidfanatic

Can I add the NCX repack for SD 4 to my repacks thread?

Sent from my HTC One X

NO, sorry mate:thumbup:

SKYDRAGON, El M1

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonValentine

Guys, sorry for being noobish, but I just have to flash one of these boot.img via fastboot instead of the one inside the .zip of the rom ?
Thanks !

Hi, did u flash and set up the rom first?

SKYDRAGON, El M1
20th February 2013, 08:10 PM |#14  
JasonValentine's Avatar
Member
Flag Pau
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Nope, so I should complete a first install before changing the kernel ?
Thanks !
The Following User Says Thank You to JasonValentine For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 08:16 PM |#15  
dragonesdenano's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Lanus, Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 19,587
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: [SkyDragon] Repacked Kernel
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonValentine

Nope, so I should complete a first install before changing the kernel ?
Thanks !

Yes, please. Fresh install. With the rom in ur PC, using 7zip or winrar, put boot.img in to Fastboot folder and you must check that boot.img still in tom zip. Never extract it.
Then place rom zip into sdcard of phone.
Put hox into fastboot mode
Plug it to pc.
Using CMD in windows type "fastboot erase cache" enter, then "fastboot flash boot boot.img" enter.
Unplug hox, press Power, select Recovery.
Install rom as you did with others, follow aroma instructions, tick Full wipe, follow instructions in aroma again and reboot.
Set up phone as usually.
Once again for repack kernels you need to flash boot.img repacked via cmd commands from PC and also kernel modules from recovery

SKYDRAGON, El M1
20th February 2013, 08:16 PM |#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 397
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonValentine

Nope, so I should complete a first install before changing the kernel ?
Thanks !

you flash kernels bootimg. then with recovery flash rom, without rebootin at the end, flash kernel.zip from recovery, then reboot
20th February 2013, 08:20 PM |#17  
dragonesdenano's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Lanus, Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 19,587
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: [SkyDragon] Repacked Kernel
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonesdenano

Yes, please. Fresh install. With the rom in ur PC, using 7zip or winrar, put boot.img in to Fastboot folder and you must check that boot.img still in tom zip. Never extract it.
Then place rom zip into sdcard of phone.
Put hox into fastboot mode
Plug it to pc.
Using CMD in windows type "fastboot erase cache" enter, then "fastboot flash boot boot.img" enter.
Unplug hox, press Power, select Recovery.
Install rom as you did with others, follow aroma instructions, tick Full wipe, follow instructions in aroma again and reboot.
Set up phone as usually.
Once again for repack kernels you need to flash boot.img repacked via cmd commands from PC and also kernel modules from recovery

SKYDRAGON, El M1

Guich, once you have time... Add instructions to OP...

SKYDRAGON, El M1
20th February 2013, 08:24 PM |#18  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 397
 
More
Can somebody post a mirror for NCX?
20th February 2013, 08:28 PM |#19  
dragonesdenano's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Lanus, Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 19,587
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: [SkyDragon] Repacked Kernel
Quote:
Originally Posted by forster

Can somebody post a mirror for NCX?

What happened mate? No working link?

SKYDRAGON, El M1

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Yes, we will mirror link asap



SKYDRAGON, El M1
20th February 2013, 08:42 PM |#20  
Guich's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Into Her Eyes...
Thanks Meter: 3,351
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonesdenano

What happened mate? No working link?

SKYDRAGON, El M1

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Yes, we will mirror link asap



SKYDRAGON, El M1

Updated #1 post with "how to flash a repacked kernel" and fixed link
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guich For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes