[S-Off] Facepalm S-Off for HTC Devices - Droid DNA

OP beaups

19th February 2013, 06:44 AM   |  #101  
Flag North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 97

804 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .torrented

yea it worked for another guy i just helped oh and ive updated my rom too so no OTA's will come through so Check it out (should be uploaded in a few minutes when the link goes active)

so after restoring a nandroid from the original firmware the process completed without a hitch!

19th February 2013, 06:44 AM   |  #102  
Flag Midlothian
Thanks Meter: 8

113 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madzozs

No it doesn't wipe anything. Also, edit your post please. No need to quote the entire Op.

Better? (Not trying to be a smart-a$$, just eager to do this.) Thank you for your quick response.
19th February 2013, 06:48 AM   |  #103  
Thanks Meter: 1,090

1,761 posts
does anyone know where splash screen is located in a file manager? I wanna get the stupid red writing off.
19th February 2013, 06:49 AM   |  #104  
Flag sioux falls SD
Thanks Meter: 1,547

4,849 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [S-Off] Facepalm S-Off for HTC Devices One S, One XL, Droid DNA
Nice man!!!!

RATTLED FROM MY GLOBALIZED DROID DNA WITH TAPATALK 2
19th February 2013, 06:49 AM   |  #105  
Thanks Meter: 315

1,323 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonah1234

does anyone know where splash screen is located in a file manager? I wanna get the stupid red writing off.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk HD
19th February 2013, 06:51 AM   |  #106  
Thanks Meter: 12

181 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbotage

I've been looking for the stock kernel for an hour and havent been able to find it. I'm running the stock dsb kernel with system write and mine keeps hanging at the white HTC screen over and over.

That kernel is based upon pre-OTA stock, OTA kernel is available here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2149951

Not aware of any other OTA compatible kernels as that source has not been released.
19th February 2013, 06:55 AM   |  #107  
Thanks Meter: 31

97 posts
Another successful s off, oh and happy user of course

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
19th February 2013, 06:56 AM   |  #108  
Flag San Jose, CA
Thanks Meter: 28

181 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by docnok63

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0vhGEGJC8g

Okay guys and girls, this is the time to open up your virtual wallets and DONATE. I don't care if it's a dollar (but really, for what this does for something you use every day, SHOULDN'T it be more???) Send these folks some cash. I LITERALLY had to talk beaups into creating an email account for his Paypal today. That's how humble he is. He's going to use donation money to get himself an M7 so he can s-off that too (thus the new gmail account name.)

This opens the doors wide open for our device and you should show these devs some monetary love and not just profit from their work. 'Nuff said...except...

THANK YOU GENTLEMEN!!!

This was my first time donating, but it won't be my last. Been used to Nexus devices...in comparison, what these guys have done to open up the DNA seems sooooo much more difficult. Really hope everyone who uses these methods donates enough to get the team M7's!
19th February 2013, 07:00 AM   |  #109  
Thanks Meter: 315

1,323 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonah1234

Its not. Its within the boot.img. if it were accessible via root explorer then we would have had mods for it when we got sys write kernels.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk HD
19th February 2013, 07:03 AM   |  #110  
Thanks Meter: 104

583 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpsantennas

That kernel is based upon pre-OTA stock, OTA kernel is available here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2149951

Not aware of any other OTA compatible kernels as that source has not been released.

Thanks for the link. I tried that kernel, but I'm still getting stuck at the white HTC screen. I don't know what's going on because I have the stock kernel flashed now and it's still hanging at the white screen.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread