[S-Off] Facepalm S-Off for HTC Devices - Droid DNA

OP beaups

24th February 2013, 05:15 AM   |  #631  
Thanks Meter: 2

27 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaups

For those of you with error 99, you need to do some real power downs.

Wow... After all the hoops I've jumped through with getting a 99, a simple shut down fixed it...

Aaannnddd S-OFF!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phayzon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 05:29 AM   |  #632  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 131

188 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkinskong

In PJ8312000-OneX.zip, there are radios, is it SUITABLE on other version of OneXL? (Such as Non-AT&T/Telstra One XL)

no one could answer that?
24th February 2013, 05:53 AM   |  #633  
Flag Central
Thanks Meter: 162

597 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [S-Off] Facepalm S-Off for HTC Devices One S, One XL, Droid DNA
Okay so I'm trying to flash the zip file and I get
error: cannot load 'PJ8312000.zip'

Any fix to this? (Windows xp 32-bit with adb and fastboot)
Ps: file is in the same directory as the fastboot.exe
Edit: nvm!!! Wasn't putting it in doggy-_- SOFF IN THIS MUTHA flexin chickin!!!!!#Thuglife mofos!!!
Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
Last edited by Shryvone21; 24th February 2013 at 07:05 AM.
24th February 2013, 06:23 PM   |  #634  
Thanks Meter: 12

42 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shryvone21

Okay so I'm trying to flash the zip file and I get
error: cannot load 'PJ8312000.zip'

Any fix to this? (Windows xp 32-bit with adb and fastboot)
Ps: file is in the same directory as the fastboot.exe
Edit: nvm!!! Wasn't putting it in doggy-_- SOFF IN THIS MUTHA flexin chickin!!!!!#Thuglife mofos!!!

Place the PJ8312000.zip in the platform-tools folder under android on your PC. Also you can rename the file "rom" so its easier to type, less of a chance to type something wrong.
24th February 2013, 06:30 PM   |  #635  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,657

2,330 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkinskong

no one could answer that?

This really isn't the thread for that.

But....if you follow the instructions, you aren't actually flashing any firmware here. Just using the process to get us what we want.
The Following User Says Thank You to beaups For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 08:33 PM   |  #636  
Flag Central
Thanks Meter: 162

597 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [S-Off] Facepalm S-Off for HTC Devices - Droid DNA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGreg104

Place the PJ8312000.zip in the platform-tools folder under android on your PC. Also you can rename the file "rom" so its easier to type, less of a chance to type something wrong.

It was that the file extension was hidden so i was putting it as PJ8312000 except PJ8312000.zip

24th February 2013, 09:56 PM   |  #637  
Thanks Meter: 9

227 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaups

As issues arrive and the method evolves, branching the DNA process into it's own here
Welcome to Facepalm S-Off for the HTC Droid DNA.

Credits and terms:

Exploit by beaups, full guide, testing, and concept by jcase and beaups. Thanks to dsb9938 and dr_drache for support and testing. Thanks also to all of the regulars at teamandirc. Thanks to jcase for recently modifiying the process to make it even easier and more reliable.

Both beaups and jcase will collect the applicable active bounties. Further donations are greatly appreciated and can be sent to:

beaups - Donate to beaups
jcase - Donate to jcase
dsb9938 - Donate to dsb9938
dr_drache - Donate to dr_drache

You can also come by irc for support or just to say thanks: #FacePalm http://chat.andirc.net:8080/?channels=facepalm

While this process shouldnít be too risky, bricks can happen. None of us will be accountable. If you are worried, donít do it.

This is a pretty simple method, however, you will need to have a working adb and fastboot environment. This method will work on any operating system that supports adb and fastboot. You should understand how to use a terminal window in your O/S. If you donít understand adb and fastboot, you probably donít need S-off.

Lastly, the work herein should not be stolen, repackaged, one clicked, batíd, etc. The binary contained in DNA-rescue.img is not GPL and may not be reused, integrated into other work, reposted, or redistributed without our permission. The kernel portion of DNA-rescue.img is derived from unmodified HTC source. That source code can be obtained from htcdev.

For this to work, you must be HTCdev unlocked and have superCID (custom recovery/root is optional), see the thread below for help and information regarding obtaining superCID, unlock, etc. If you have taken the OTA for the DNA (sw version 2.xx) without FIRST obtaining superCID, there is no superCID nor s-off method for you currently. Note this thread is provided for convenience only. Please look for support for superCID/unlock in it's proper thread, do NOT clutter this thread with support requests regarding obtaining superCID and/or unlock! If you try this process without superCID, it will not work, and you may have issues:

SuperCID for HTC Droid DNA:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2109862

Download modified boot.img:
http://d-h.st/pQy

Download signed firmware:
http://d-h.st/nOo 8fa1cf193559d34279d2b1c1aa8c29

1)

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
2)
Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
(wait for black HTC Screen)

3)
Code:
fastboot flash zip PL8320000-DNA.zip
After a while, You should see the following error ďFAILED (remote: 92 supercid! please flush image again immediately)Ē

4) Immediately issue the following command:
Code:
fastboot boot DNA-rescue.img
5) After android is FULLY booted
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
6) You should see what you are looking for!

If you need help or just care to say thanks, join us on IRC: #FacePalm http://chat.andirc.net:8080/?channels=facepalm

Enjoy.

Getting an error 99 instead of error 92 after step 3?

Perform a few FULL power-downs and boots. Also, others have reported clearing caches in recovery helps as well.

That did it!

Thank you!
25th February 2013, 01:08 AM   |  #638  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
FYI,

I tried this after having bought my DNA same day and successfully rooting it with the cid-2/SuperSU method and installing TWRP 2.4.0.0.

I went through all the Facepalm S-off steps seemingly successfully getting 92 error, (my logs looked exactly as those of successful "S-off'ers"). But the bootloader was still reporting "S-on".

When I tried again I didn't get the 92 error just the 99. I tried this 3 more times and never got the 92 error again.

So I restored my backup (ALWAYS BACKUP FIRST!) and tried again. This time I DID get the 93 error again but still when I rebooted it was still set to "S-on".

I then noticed that many people reporting success in this thread were using custom kernels and ROMs.

So I flashed the latest Cubed kernel and Hatka ROM.

Then after running through the Facepalm S-off procedure once more the bootloader now reports S-off.

So for anyone having difficulty try flashing a different kernel and ROM first.

THANKS AGAIN TO THOSE RESPONSIBLE!

beaups - Donate to beaups
jcase - Donate to jcase
dsb9938 - Donate to dsb9938
dr_drache - Donate to dr_drache
Last edited by J-tek; 25th February 2013 at 01:15 AM. Reason: grammar
25th February 2013, 03:44 AM   |  #639  
Flag Palm Beach, Miami FL
Thanks Meter: 1,313

592 posts
More
Ive been trying to get soff since release day. Ive tried every method, work around, etc and nothing. Tonight I sat down for another long night of funking with this thing.. and within 2mins got soff with the new zips. What ever you guys changed worked great. Thank you.
25th February 2013, 06:43 AM   |  #640  
Senior Recognized Developer
COLUMBIA
Thanks Meter: 9,363

3,947 posts
Donate to Me
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo MUCHHHHHHHHHHH EVERYBODY INVOLVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Virus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread