No registration required

paranoid android pie for all note 2 touchwiz roms

OP tgamble160

21st February 2013, 11:03 PM   |  #21  
Wrong Island NY
Thanks Meter: 393

870 posts
More
How do you assign the phone as an app shortcut? Doesn't wanna work for me on Jedi 10 and Nova Prime
21st February 2013, 11:56 PM   |  #22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brackenridge
Thanks Meter: 288

1,015 posts
More
Re: paranoid android pie for all note 2 touchwiz roms
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelFiles

How do you assign the phone as an app shortcut? Doesn't wanna work for me on Jedi 10 and Nova Prime

Not sure. Just tried myself and didn't work for me either. Maybe try asking in the original lmt thread I linked to. Like I said I'm not the dev I just found it amd wanted to share.

sent via note 2 in boss mode @ quad core 2 ghz
22nd February 2013, 01:57 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 735

772 posts
Quote:

I read through that thread yesterday and there's a work around for it from what I remember. Try picking an activity instead of the actual phone app and look for the dialer or contact activity. It does the same exact thing as picking the phone app, and since picking the phone app doesn't work this is the work around for it. Hope this helps.

Sent from the bag phone in my Pontiac Fierro
The Following User Says Thank You to jeep447 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2013, 02:46 AM   |  #24  
Wrong Island NY

870 posts
More
Figured it out, somewhat. Use the contacts app and just tap the dialer tab before exiting. The next time you start it it will be in the dialer. It's a shame you can't modify the app name in the pie or all the app icons matched. Other than that it's pretty sweet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ReelFiles For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2013, 02:49 AM   |  #25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brackenridge

1,015 posts
More
Quote:

Figured it out, somewhat. Use the contacts app and just tap the dialer tab before exiting. The next time you start it it will be in the dialer. It's a shame you can't modify the app name in the pie or all the app icons matched. Other than that it's pretty sweet.

Worked like a charm. Thanks

22nd February 2013, 03:37 AM   |  #26  

772 posts
Quote:

I could be wrong but I think that's only if you have 'use last action' on next start (I believe that's the default though) selected in the contact app's settings. You can change it to always open to the dialer tab and then your set
That's a good point though for the people who are having problems with the phone app (mine works fine luckily ) because that way at least you can have the contact icon unlike the when you use the work around. I definitely agree with you though it just needs a few more tweaks allowing for a little more customization, and then it will be the mother of all freakin apps. Lol

Last edited by jeep447; 22nd February 2013 at 03:45 AM.
22nd February 2013, 03:56 AM   |  #27  
Wrong Island NY

870 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep447

I could be wrong but I think that's only if you have 'use last action' on next start (I believe that's the default though) selected in the contact app's settings. You can change it to always open to the dialer tab and then your set ....

I don't see an option to set the default opening tab anywhere in Jedi 10, maybe I am missing something.
The Following User Says Thank You to ReelFiles For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2013, 04:15 AM   |  #28  

772 posts
Quote:

I don't see an option to set the default opening tab anywhere in Jedi 10, maybe I am missing something.

Ok i just looked at my contacts app too and I'm not seeing it there either so I was probably thinking about one of the cm9 or cm10 roms I had before, so my bad. I can suggest one you can get though that does have that option, and it's up to your personal preferences but I use it and I think it's a pretty good one especially for free. It's basically a free dialer app on Google Play called TouchPal Contacts, and it let's you pick the default tab upon opening as well. If you do try it, the app is called TouchPal Contacts but once it's installed it will also give you an icon called TouchPal Dialer with a pic of a phone (kind of similar to the phone apps icon). You can use that dialer icon for specifically pulling up the dialer portion of TouchPal Contacts (same concept as android contacts and dialer) for the best possible work around imo. Just throwing it out there. Hope it helps

The Following User Says Thank You to jeep447 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2013, 03:49 PM   |  #29  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 49

870 posts
More
---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

If u grab the original file from lmt pie, it works with note 2, Make sure pick option 2.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was able to install it. But I am confused how to make the pie control work. There are gestures, ISASand pie settings. I am not able to make the pie come out, like I see in the video of paranoid android pie control video
22nd February 2013, 03:56 PM   |  #30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brackenridge

1,015 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomasitoc

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

If u grab the original file from lmt pie, it works with note 2, Make sure pick option 2.

Thanks, I was able to install it. But I am confused how to make the pie control work. There are gestures, ISASand pie settings. I am not able to make the pie come out, like I see in the video of paranoid android pie control video[/QUOTE]

After setting your pie shortcuts. Then click on the settings and click on start/stop touch services.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread