Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

case recommendations please (protection needed)

OP droid51378

21st February 2013, 09:32 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 9

36 posts
Re: case recommendations please (protection needed)
Thank you brad s.

I'm too already ordered it and they are shipping to me using ups service. Should be here in 2 weeks I supposed.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
21st February 2013, 09:36 AM   |  #22  
Flag Gastonia, NC
Thanks Meter: 173

891 posts
More
Trident kraken=screen protector
Don't know if they have a note 2 version tho

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app
21st February 2013, 03:43 PM   |  #23  
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 100

489 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohnsta

Doesn't the UAG hard cardboard in it? What's the deal the with that?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

the only cardboard in the case is the optional coloured insert that is included. aside from that, all pieces that come in direct contact with your case are tpu. the polycarbonate shell on the rear does not come into direct contact with your device, and instead serves its purpose by distributing the force of impact evenly across the case so it can be absorbed by the TPU.

its quite a good case.
21st February 2013, 11:12 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 2,221

2,955 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad.S.

Here you go rye:
http://www.tvc-mall.com/details/Surv...MHC-N7100-84B/

Brad, do you actually have this case and can take pictures and review it, please? I'm having a hard time believing this is a real Griffin Survivor case because 1) Griffin never made one for Note 2 (check their website or Amazon or even Google - zero searches), 2) original Survivor cost around $50 while this is is $9 from China which you can also buy in bulk of 100+ for $7

But with all that said, I'm very intrigued how close they designed this knock off?
Last edited by vectron; 22nd February 2013 at 01:43 AM.
21st February 2013, 11:43 PM   |  #25  
Flag Corvallis, OR
Thanks Meter: 34

183 posts
More
I bought one, it'll be 3 weeks before I get it, I'll write a review when it comes in.

I'm assuming its a knock off, but if it doesn't creak and the portholes fit, I'll be happy.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by TheBDub; 21st February 2013 at 11:45 PM.
22nd February 2013, 05:04 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 2,221

2,955 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBDub

I bought one, it'll be 3 weeks before I get it, I'll write a review when it comes in.

I'm assuming its a knock off, but if it doesn't creak and the portholes fit, I'll be happy.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Now how funny would it be if this knock off has a great screen protector built into the case and it actually works better than pos Defender? lol!!! Will look forward to your review. Don't forget to post it!!!
22nd February 2013, 06:34 AM   |  #27  
Flag Corvallis, OR
Thanks Meter: 34

183 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectron

Now how funny would it be if this knock off has a great screen protector built into the case and it actually works better than pos Defender? lol!!! Will look forward to your review. Don't forget to post it!!!

I won't forget, and:

IMO both otterboxes suck for this phone. I have both, as well as the casemate tough case. As much as the casemate's cuts don't line up absolutely perfect, it's the only useable one out of the three cases. Embarrassing.
22nd February 2013, 06:39 AM   |  #28  
Colorado
Thanks Meter: 196

526 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectron

Brad, do you actually have this case and can take pictures and review it, please? I'm having a hard time believing this is a real Griffin Survivor case because 1) Griffin never made one for Note 2 (check their website or Amazon or even Google - zero searches), 2) original Survivor cost around $50 while this is is $9 from China which you can also buy in bulk of 100+ for $7

But with all that said, I'm very intrigued how close they designed this knock off?

No, sorry vectron, I know how much you love cases, but I was just helping Rye out with a clickable link.
I was going to order it, but I too am worried about the validity.
@TheBDub or @Rye - Has your credit card been charged for the order? Were you provided with a tracking number?
22nd February 2013, 08:10 AM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 9

36 posts
Hello

Yes. My vredit card has been charged and since I opted for ups delivery. I've been given a tracking number. Right now my case is in guang Zhou

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
22nd February 2013, 03:25 PM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 13

39 posts
More
Also ordered
Also ordered the "Survivor" (*** ""Survivor?"" ), with DHL shipping from TVC. Seems like a legit, in fact huge company.
Added a bunch of other cheap chinese stuff, because the shipment was over 30$ to Israel. Paypaled it. Still worth it, I hope.

How bad could it be? It's got 4 parts, at least one of them would become usable...
Could also be very good.

They got a replacement battery for 3$. I didn't dare but maybe I should have.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread