5,597,198 Members 43,465 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

case recommendations please (protection needed)

Tip us?
 
rye
Old
#21  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 35
Join Date: Jan 2009
Default Re: case recommendations please (protection needed)

Thank you brad s.

I'm too already ordered it and they are shipping to me using ups service. Should be here in 2 weeks I supposed.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
 
polar2792
Old
#22  
polar2792's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 167
Posts: 853
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Gastonia, NC
Default Re: case recommendations please (protection needed)

Trident kraken=screen protector
Don't know if they have a note 2 version tho

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app
 
Souai
Old
#23  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 100
Posts: 489
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Adelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohnsta View Post
Doesn't the UAG hard cardboard in it? What's the deal the with that?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
the only cardboard in the case is the optional coloured insert that is included. aside from that, all pieces that come in direct contact with your case are tpu. the polycarbonate shell on the rear does not come into direct contact with your device, and instead serves its purpose by distributing the force of impact evenly across the case so it can be absorbed by the TPU.

its quite a good case.
 
vectron
Old
(Last edited by vectron; 22nd February 2013 at 12:43 AM.)
#24  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1715
Posts: 2,345
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad.S. View Post

Brad, do you actually have this case and can take pictures and review it, please? I'm having a hard time believing this is a real Griffin Survivor case because 1) Griffin never made one for Note 2 (check their website or Amazon or even Google - zero searches), 2) original Survivor cost around $50 while this is is $9 from China which you can also buy in bulk of 100+ for $7

But with all that said, I'm very intrigued how close they designed this knock off?
 
TheBDub
Old
(Last edited by TheBDub; 21st February 2013 at 10:45 PM.)
#25  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 34
Posts: 183
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Corvallis, OR
Default Re: case recommendations please (protection needed)

I bought one, it'll be 3 weeks before I get it, I'll write a review when it comes in.

I'm assuming its a knock off, but if it doesn't creak and the portholes fit, I'll be happy.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
 
vectron
Old
#26  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1715
Posts: 2,345
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBDub View Post
I bought one, it'll be 3 weeks before I get it, I'll write a review when it comes in.

I'm assuming its a knock off, but if it doesn't creak and the portholes fit, I'll be happy.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Now how funny would it be if this knock off has a great screen protector built into the case and it actually works better than pos Defender? lol!!! Will look forward to your review. Don't forget to post it!!!
 
TheBDub
Old
#27  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 34
Posts: 183
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Corvallis, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectron View Post
Now how funny would it be if this knock off has a great screen protector built into the case and it actually works better than pos Defender? lol!!! Will look forward to your review. Don't forget to post it!!!
I won't forget, and:

IMO both otterboxes suck for this phone. I have both, as well as the casemate tough case. As much as the casemate's cuts don't line up absolutely perfect, it's the only useable one out of the three cases. Embarrassing.
 
Brad.S.
Old
#28  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 195
Posts: 523
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectron View Post
Brad, do you actually have this case and can take pictures and review it, please? I'm having a hard time believing this is a real Griffin Survivor case because 1) Griffin never made one for Note 2 (check their website or Amazon or even Google - zero searches), 2) original Survivor cost around $50 while this is is $9 from China which you can also buy in bulk of 100+ for $7

But with all that said, I'm very intrigued how close they designed this knock off?
No, sorry vectron, I know how much you love cases, but I was just helping Rye out with a clickable link.
I was going to order it, but I too am worried about the validity.
@TheBDub or @Rye - Has your credit card been charged for the order? Were you provided with a tracking number?
 
rye
Old
#29  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 35
Join Date: Jan 2009
Default Re: case recommendations please (protection needed)

Hello

Yes. My vredit card has been charged and since I opted for ups delivery. I've been given a tracking number. Right now my case is in guang Zhou

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
 
Aby_148
Old
#30  
Aby_148's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 39
Join Date: Feb 2013
Default Also ordered

Also ordered the "Survivor" (*** ""Survivor?"" ), with DHL shipping from TVC. Seems like a legit, in fact huge company.
Added a bunch of other cheap chinese stuff, because the shipment was over 30$ to Israel. Paypaled it. Still worth it, I hope.

How bad could it be? It's got 4 parts, at least one of them would become usable...
Could also be very good.

They got a replacement battery for 3$. I didn't dare but maybe I should have.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes