case recommendations please (protection needed)

OP droid51378

23rd February 2013, 06:46 PM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 2,118

2,844 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aby_148

Yes, and yes. I also got a simple charging dock and a bike mount.

Exactly why I was so excited to find another full protection inclosure case (Is it true Otterbox have a patent on on that? that's crazy), at a reasonable price. The defender is just not good enough, apparently.

Alright, so I decided to bite the bullet and ordered Survivor knock off (black/grey: http://www.tvc-mall.com/details/Surv...MHC-N7100-84H/) and Defender knock off (white/grey: http://www.tvc-mall.com/details/Otte...MHC-N7100-93C/)

I just couldn't pass the opportunity to check it out!!! Coincidentally, nobody sells these on Amazon/ebay for obvious copyright reasons. The shipping is a bit high. For these two cases above plus knock off beats earbuds (with mic - for iphone, want to see if it works with GN2) and 2 ipod touch cases (one being knockoff of griffin survivor which looks identical to the one my son has already) for my kids - shipping turned out to be $19 through China post and 15-20 day delivery guarantee.

Will review everything with lots of pictures and my opinion/comparison (to original) once I get it.
23rd February 2013, 06:53 PM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 13

39 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBDub

I looked after I posted that, I don't think they do, since griffin uses one on their survivor line
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Regarding that patent thing, I think I heard that somewhere else too. The must have something, otherwise:
I can't figure out why are there so little alternatives to this type of case in the market, for such a popular device as the Note II. The real estate of the screen, just begs for hard protection, for an "active" person. IMHO etc...

Maybe this can be for another topic, but I came across this cool looking "Itskins Lava" that sold out super quick (can't post link yet...)
Last edited by Aby_148; 23rd February 2013 at 06:58 PM.
23rd February 2013, 07:50 PM   |  #43  

2,844 posts
Quote:

Regarding that patent thing, I think I heard that somewhere else too. The must have something, otherwise:
I can't figure out why are there so little alternatives to this type of case in the market, for such a popular device as the Note II. The real estate of the screen, just begs for hard protection, for an "active" person. IMHO etc...

Maybe this can be for another topic, but I came across this cool looking "Itskins Lava" that sold out super quick (can't post link yet...)

This one here: http://www.itskins.com/product/advan...va_196_en.html

Hmm, looks interesting. But did you read is closely? They are trying to distinguish themselves with a screen protector shield that has "metal powder" to make it unique. From a patent point of view that's what they can use in court to claim it's different from Defender/Survivor.

But one thing I do not understand with this case. Why do you need to include 2 regular screen protectors? And also why do you need a flip case on top of that tpu case?!? Wouldn't that be an overkill with screen protector, plastic screen cover, and flip case cover?
23rd February 2013, 09:13 PM   |  #44  

39 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectron

But did you read is closely? They are trying to distinguish themselves with a screen protector shield that has "metal powder" to make it unique. From a patent point of view that's what they can use in court to claim it's different from Defender/Survivor.

Yes I did That's fine by me... as long as there's product, but there ain't
Don't you agree there need to be more of this style?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectron

But one thing I do not understand with this case. Why do you need to include 2 regular screen protectors? And also why do you need a flip case on top of that tpu case?!? Wouldn't that be an overkill with screen protector, plastic screen cover, and flip case cover?

I think generally, the more options, the more modular the solution is, the better. Just looking. Nothing beast 1st hand experience though, couldn't find any other mention of in on XDA.
23rd February 2013, 10:13 PM   |  #45  

2,844 posts
Quote:

Yes I did That's fine by me... as long as there's product, but there ain't
Don't you agree there need to be more of this style?

I think generally, the more options, the more modular the solution is, the better. Just looking. Nothing beast 1st hand experience though, couldn't find any other mention of in on XDA.

Yeah, I also think that flip cover is removable, at least from the pictures.

Regarding plastic screen protector rugged self-enclosed cases - yes, we need more. I hope Case-mate will release Tough Xtreme for Note 2 as well (only for iPhone 5 now). That one looks great as well.
24th February 2013, 10:55 AM   |  #46  

39 posts
More
Found another one:
look for:
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Case Wann Vera Touch Flip Cover II
on ebay. $35. hmmmmm,
24th February 2013, 02:19 PM   |  #47  

2,844 posts
Quote:

Found another one:
look for:
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Case Wann Vera Touch Flip Cover II
on ebay. $35. hmmmmm,

Wow! I really like this concept: see-through flip cover that works as a touch screen protector! Now, if they would offer a plastic cover (front frame) and tpu shell (battery cover portion or go over the battery cover) - that would cut down significantly on cost ($35 price is probably due to leather) and will offer a much better protection (you drop it as is - and the phone will go flying out of the case). Plus, if they will offer a way to latch the flip cover so it doesn't flap open by itself and make a cutout hole aligned with notification light - this could be an awesome case!
26th February 2013, 11:50 AM   |  #48  
Thanks Meter: 9

35 posts
Re: case recommendations please (protection needed)
Hello

My survivor case just arrived from Hong Kong via ups. First thing that I realized right after I put it on is the build in screen protector lay flat on the screen unlike the otterbox defender where the build in screen protector doesn't lay flat on the screen.

Here are the pictures comparison of survivor (knock off) and otterbox defender.

In terms of protection so far it's doing a very good job since all holes, camera, stylus and even for the mics and speakers have thin like clothing to cover them.

For the built in screen protector, it doesn't effect the stylus usage at all. Screen responsive is just the same. What I mean is the sensitivity doesn't decrease.

For the echo issue. That most otterbox defender user had, well for me I've never had echo problem with the otterbox and I don't have the problem with this casing too.

The pictures were taken by bb bold9900 sorry bout the quality.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361878986070.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	1762213   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361879021951.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	1762214   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361879045911.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	1762215   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361879070791.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	1762217   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361879092777.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	1762221  
26th February 2013, 12:09 PM   |  #49  

2,844 posts
Any comment on quality of material?
26th February 2013, 12:27 PM   |  #50  
Thanks Meter: 9

35 posts
Re: case recommendations please (protection needed)
For the rubber it feels just as solid as otterbox. But for the front piece is like thin. Then once it got connected to the rest of the pieces the front piece became more sturdier

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread