Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,401 Members 44,230 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] change country

Tip us?

Soreng
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] change country

Hello!

On settings, in "about device" i was asked to choose my country, and i picked the wrong one and now I cannot upgrade my tablet to jellybean 4.1.2. My friend has the same tablet bought from the same place but she picked the correct country and could upgrade automatically. What to do?

tcntad
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soreng View Post
Hello!

On settings, in "about device" i was asked to choose my country, and i picked the wrong one and now I cannot upgrade my tablet to jellybean 4.1.2. My friend has the same tablet bought from the same place but she picked the correct country and could upgrade automatically. What to do?
Change language or even do a factoryreset?

Soreng
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Sv: [Q] change country

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcntad View Post
Change language or even do a factoryreset?
Ive tried changing laguage,. Guess it is only factory reset left. Any smooth way of baking up my cntent? And can i upgrade to jb 4.1.2 without loosing my data?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using xda app-developers app

oppossum
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soreng View Post
Ive tried changing laguage,. Guess it is only factory reset left. Any smooth way of baking up my cntent? And can i upgrade to jb 4.1.2 without loosing my data?

If just changing your country was so easy to get the update to JB most of us would have done it before. If you want to update and not wait you will have to use OTA use Odin. There are enough post on that in the forum.

Soreng
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Sv: [Q] change country

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppossum View Post
If just changing your country was so easy to get the update to JB most of us would have done it before. If you want to update and not wait you will have to use OTA use Odin. There are enough post on that in the forum.
Well thats what it took for my friend to get it..