Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 48,462 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One launched, Will you buy it ?

Tip us?

Firen
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I got my Wildfire and Sensation 1 1/2 years after their start. I never expected a bleeding edge new device and i used custom roms right after getting it. I like the HTC design and also Sense(even i donīt right now).

I would buy it when itīs cheaper and htc would give up thier S-ON and "donīt give updated drivers for old devices" bull****. But the designs of the other manufacturer are not my taste. Maybe another Nexus from HTC, i donīt know.

I may ask, why you need an newer device, or the power them. Call me old but i donīt see the point in playing games on a smartphone.

Jedi2011
Old
Thanks Meter 94
HELL YES.

My HTC Sensation has performed flawlessly for the last 18 months, I love how many devs are cooking custom ROMs for it, I've never had a single issue that couldn't be resolved with a ROM reflash.

The HTC One looks amazing, outperforms anything currently available to date, and has a screen to die for.

The only thing that could potentially change my mind is the Samsung Galaxy S4, but unless it massively outperforms the One in every area or comes with an app that gives me oral sex on demand I'll definitely be signing up for a HTC One.

Bye bye Sensation, you've been awesome! Hello S4...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jedi2011 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lallolu
Old
Thanks Meter 27
It is a powerful and beautiful phone but with HTC's behaviour over updates nowadays, it is a difficult choice. Also, this new camera that is 4mp, I wonder how the picture with be when zoomed. I zoom pictures a lot when I am editing which is why I like the 13mp cameras. It is not just about quality for me but also size after zooming.
The Following User Says Thank You to lallolu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arabology
Old
Thanks Meter 452
yeah i'm not buying it either. i don't trust hTC neither with software nor hardware anymore. for example, the sensation didn't get jellybean while it's definitely capable. Second, the speaker in it sucks (fact), battery calibration is always wrong, changing the digitizer 90% of the times gives you a faulty screen (even with an OEM part coz i got one and my screen acts CrAzY). Now, with the One X, the Tegra 3 sucked so bad that dropping the phone one time had the screen never to turn again unless you push the back casing exactly where the chip is. 20% of the first two shipments of One X's had that issue, not to forget the lousy cellular+WiFi reception. hTC never replied to the complains and assumed people's money as trash. then came the One X+ that made ALL One X holders so freaking mad...as hTC had officially whop it's 3-months-only so called flagship....

the sensation still is a good device, so i'm not changing it for the time being, but if i would, definitely no hTC for me, thank you. The HD2 ride was a one of a kind that will never repeat itself with hTC.
Current Devices:
-hTC sensation Rooted and S-OFF

Previous Devices:

-hTC One X (Sold due to screen flickering issue )
-hTC HD2
-xperia x10i
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to arabology For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thaiboyger
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default Re: HTC One launched, Will you buy it ?

I would buy if i had the money

But for now i will continue using sensation xe

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda app-developers app

xeloni
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 383
Default Re: HTC One launched, Will you buy it ?

I will buy Samsung now

Envoyé depuis mon HTC Sensation Z710e avec Tapatalk
Xiaomi Mi3 WCDMA Black
The Following User Says Thank You to xeloni For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

badboy47
Old
(Last edited by badboy47; 20th February 2013 at 06:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 718

DONATE TO ME
Nope. I moved on to Nexus 4. Sensation was my last HTC product.

HAIWABOBO
Old
Thanks Meter 0
absolutely NO。。。
HTC always claimed that this is a ultimate version when one new phone released.
but as a matter of fact,it had never to be a [ultimate]...

Sultanxda
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 10509

DONATE TO ME
The hell with htc! Knowing them they'll probably release another new "breakthrough" phone within 120 days and completely ignore the One. Plus, since htc cares so much about customer satisfaction, all of their phones now come with S-ON! I was forced into rooting my Sensation because it was dysfunctional to the point where I may as well have had no phone at all. It was slow, out of date, overheated, and rebooted randomly all the time after the ICS update. One time I did a factory reset hoping it would alleviate the random reboots, but about 1 minute after having the phone on after the factory reset my phone rebooted randomly and after it turned on again the battery had gone down from 50% to 4%.

I'll probably wait for the Nexus 5.
17 years old and not the youngest developer on XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to Sultanxda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arabology
Old
Thanks Meter 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by android1234567 View Post
The hell with htc! Knowing them they'll probably release another new "breakthrough" phone within 120 days and completely ignore the One. Plus, since htc cares so much about customer satisfaction, all of their phones now come with S-ON! I was forced into rooting my Sensation because it was dysfunctional to the point where I may as well have had no phone at all. It was slow, out of date, overheated, and rebooted randomly all the time after the ICS update. One time I did a factory reset hoping it would alleviate the random reboots, but about 1 minute after having the phone on after the factory reset my phone rebooted randomly and after it turned on again the battery had gone down from 50% to 4%.

I'll probably wait for the Nexus 5.
Exactly. And I feel that way about the hTC DROID DNA (butterfly)...like, how long has it been launched? And now the One comes along and makes that device feel like crap in comparison. I don't know where the managers or marketers in that company had graduated from, coz I haven't seen anything worse than such management. They're launching 1GHz single core units in China with JB while they refuse to update a dual core unit. And I hardly, or never see any ads about hTC anywhere in the middle east. There's no innovation in the One, not quietly brilliant at all. Plus the new button layout is confusing, I've seen YouTube videos and the persons handling it keeps pressing over the logo instead of the actual soft keys. Plus, I bet the new aluminum body will lead to connectivity issues, they claim they've found a way, but hTC is known to fail.
Current Devices:
-hTC sensation Rooted and S-OFF

Previous Devices:

-hTC One X (Sold due to screen flickering issue )
-hTC HD2
-xperia x10i