Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,165 Members 44,022 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ubuntu is HERE!!!

Tip us?

horatiob
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Default Ubuntu is HERE!!!

Finally Ubuntu for the tablets is here. That's Right!!! This Thursday for the nexus7 and 10. Here goes the official video http://youtu.be/h384z7Ph0gU

hit the thanks... been a while
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to horatiob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

snipestech
Old
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Ubuntu is HERE!!!

Almost here ,.....

Sent from my HTC Droid Dna Venom Rom using Tapatalk 2
Htc One Slimbean
Get Dropbox with more space!
Click link below
http://db.tt/y2rYEQ59

Astriaal
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by horatiob View Post
Finally Ubuntu for the tablets is here. That's Right!!! This Thursday for the nexus7 and 10. Here goes the official video http://youtu.be/h384z7Ph0gU

hit the thanks... been a while
Just the developer preview right now it looks like, I thought it was the full release for some reason. Anyone planning to jump in head first just for fun?

I think I'm going to wait a little bit, conceptually it seems great but I would initially like to "dual-boot" if that is in any way possible - does it actually install a grub like pre-loader where I could choose to boot to my SentinalROM instead? How about Google Play store integration, any news on that? The biggest hurdle for myself would be losing access to all my Play Store games/books.

omac_ranger
Old
Thanks Meter 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astriaal View Post
Just the developer preview right now it looks like, I thought it was the full release for some reason. Anyone planning to jump in head first just for fun?

I think I'm going to wait a little bit, conceptually it seems great but I would initially like to "dual-boot" if that is in any way possible - does it actually install a grub like pre-loader where I could choose to boot to my SentinalROM instead? How about Google Play store integration, any news on that? The biggest hurdle for myself would be losing access to all my Play Store games/books.
Oh absolutely. I plan on downloading it as soon as it goes live.

Sent from my GT-N7100
The Following User Says Thank You to omac_ranger For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

espionage724
Old
Thanks Meter 505

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yep

Device Ownership:

Current Devices:
None
Side Devices:
Nexus 7 (grouper) (franco.Kernel + Rasbeanjelly)
Galaxy Rush (SPH-M830) (Stock)

Ex Devices:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 (SGH-T849)
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113)
Galaxy Prevail (SPH-M820) (KoumaKernel + CTMod)
Nexus 4 (LGE960/mako) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber)
Nexus 10 (GT-P8110/manta) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber

styckx
Old
Thanks Meter 1457
Quote:
I'm going to give it a try on my Nexus 7.. That's my entertainment/screw around with my own builds tablet.. I'm really not privvy to testing "development previews" of an alternate OS on a $500 tablet.. I'll at minimum wait a bit to feel it out on the Nexus 7 first and hear back from those who did try it on the Nexus 10.
Current OS: Dual boot / Windows 8 & Ubuntu 13.04
Current PC i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz / 8GB Mushkin Enhanced Redline @ 1600MHz / 2X - GTX 680 Twin Frozr SLI / P8Z68 DELUXE / 2TB/1TB/1TB
Current active devices: Nexus 4 / Nexus 10 / Chromecast
Former devices: Nexus 7 / Nexus S 4G / Galaxy Tab 10.1 / Samsung Epic 4G / Samsung Moment
Google+ Profile: DELETED

tawfiqmp
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Can this be dual booted?
The Following User Says Thank You to tawfiqmp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

saltxyz
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I already backed up my tablet's data on pc. Ready to install it on both nexus 7 and 10!

jonstrong
Old
Thanks Meter 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by tawfiqmp View Post
Can this be dual booted?
I haven't read detail on it yet, but I did see a note indicating that it can be set up with dual boot -- needs a custom recovery, but it appeared pretty straightforward when I glanced at the description. Dual boot would certainly make me more receptive to giving it a try.
LG G2 (VzW vs980)
Innovate
The Following User Says Thank You to jonstrong For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spdwiz18
Old
Thanks Meter 133

I'm not much of a developer but I'm all over this. Been waiting for over a year for this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
ATT SGH-I337
Galaxy nexus
Nexus S 4G
Note 2
LG Optimus pro
Sprint Epic Touch
Spring OG Epic

And that are more that I cant remember.