By Zuggel, Member on 19th February 2013, 05:30 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
21st February 2013, 01:47 AM |#11  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuggel

Yes the adb drivers are installed and I have the latest java. I'm not sure if it was unlocked or not. I did not press restore, when that came up I was too busy going oh sh!t, what do I do now and then it did something on it's own. I don't think it restored it since it is not running slow. I will hopefully have time tomorrow to mess with it a little more.

Be sure to click the restore next time. And it WILL be slow and sluggish. Then just remember to use QemuRoot method! THIS IS A MUST! YOU CAN"T DO SH*T ON YOUR KINDLE IF YOU DON'T DO THE QEMUROOT.
The Following User Says Thank You to miztah1999z For This Useful Post: [ View ]

21st February 2013, 06:30 PM |#12  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miztah1999z

Be sure to click the restore next time. And it WILL be slow and sluggish. Then just remember to use QemuRoot method! THIS IS A MUST! YOU CAN"T DO SH*T ON YOUR KINDLE IF YOU DON'T DO THE QEMUROOT.

Seems to have worked, just got done with RootQemu and it said it was done. After the restore, I didn't have an pictures (icons, screen saver) which had me a little worried, they came back after step 3 though. Superuser is back on. Now to re-remember what I need to do now (adding turn off OTA updates to the list).

Thanks a lot for your help miztah!!

Krsmqn, i ordered one of those cables just in case I need it in the future. I figure for a few $ i would rather have it than not.
21st February 2013, 07:24 PM |#13  
Flag Seattle, WA

More
Quote:

Seems to have worked, just got done with RootQemu and it said it was done. After the restore, I didn't have an pictures (icons, screen saver) which had me a little worried, they came back after step 3 though. Superuser is back on. Now to re-remember what I need to do now (adding turn off OTA updates to the list).

Thanks a lot for your help miztah!!

Krsmqn, i ordered one of those cables just in case I need it in the future. I figure for a few $ i would rather have it than not.

No problem, I was in the same predicament as you a couple of weeks ago. Have fun with your rooted kindle! And be sure to disable Amazon OTA updates. Here is a link: (I would use method number 1 because you can use that utility for a while, and use it to fix a bricked Kindle, now that the bootloader has been cracked.) You don't really need that cable unless you are messing around with the bootloader.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2086450
Last edited by miztah1999z; 21st February 2013 at 07:26 PM. Reason: forgot to add a link
21st February 2013, 09:48 PM |#14  
OP Member

More
Thanks for the link. The cable is already on it's way via a slow boat from china. Figure I will have it in a month

I am now having a problem with the apex launcher. I had the regular version before and was going to try the pro this time. I installed it and when I go to run it it says "Apex launcher has stopped". When I go to the app description page, it give me the option to force stop but not to uninstall. I tried reinstalling it same thing. I moved the apk file to /system/app and gave it user R/W, group & other read only. then installed. Do i perhaps need to manually delete something?
22nd February 2013, 03:35 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 203

More
Re: Kindle Fire HD losing root access - retry
Try completely removing it from both system /application & data/ application (if applicable), save one to your sdcard. Then instead of clicking on the application to install, long press (on the one you saved to sdcard ) and choose move (to). Move the application to system /app. Do not install. Instead, long press and choose properties (at the bottom of the long press menu ). Change permissions to rw-r-r. Save. Do not Install. Reboot. You should see "kindle is upgrading" upon rebooting. When it's ready, you should have it as a launcher option.

Good luck.
22nd February 2013, 05:43 PM |#16  
Flag Seattle, WA

More
Re: Kindle Fire HD losing root access - retry
Or you could just delete the apex launcher from system. /Application and the data/app . Then reboot, install apex from play store and move from data application to system application, and change properties to rwxrxr and reboot without installing. Kinda the same thing just a little change in beginning.

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app
Last edited by miztah1999z; 22nd February 2013 at 05:45 PM.
22nd February 2013, 08:08 PM |#17  
OP Member

More
I tried it that way you suggested Krsmqn, same thing, the error message saying apex launcher has stopped. I did not see a file to delete in the data/app folder unless it has an odd name.
22nd February 2013, 08:14 PM |#18  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Or you could just delete the apex launcher from system. /Application and the data/app . Then reboot, install apex from play store and move from data application to system application, and change properties to rwxrxr and reboot without installing. Kinda the same thing just a little change in beginning.

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app

Seems to be working so far....I wonder if it was an issue because I was trying to use the pro version?

2 reboots and no issues!!
22nd February 2013, 11:40 PM |#19  
Flag Seattle, WA

More
Quote:

Seems to be working so far....I wonder if it was an issue because I was trying to use the pro version?

2 reboots and no issues!!

So did you fix it my way or qrsmn way?
23rd February 2013, 03:33 PM |#20  
OP Member

More
Quote:

So did you fix it my way or qrsmn way?

I followed what you had said, d/l from the app store and moving it. When I was in settings it had a message in red about going to recently used apps and removing other loaders listed. I will check when I get home and see if it is still there.
23rd February 2013, 06:13 PM |#21  
Flag Seattle, WA

More
Quote:

I followed what you had said, d/l from the app store and moving it. When I was in settings it had a message in red about going to recently used apps and removing other loaders listed. I will check when I get home and see if it is still there.

Ok. I will rephrase what I said. Delete "com.anddoes.xxxx(I forgot but it starts with that) from data/app, if its there. Then delete from system/app (it should be there, either as Apex Launcher or com.anddoes) .Then reboot, and install apex from play store. Then find it in DATA/APP and MOVE IT to SYSTEM/APP. Change properties to User: Read Write Group: RW Other: RW. Then you can reboot your Kindle. Then it should say "Kindle is upgrading, and then choose which launcher you want.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread