Can't update after root...

OP rick311

19th February 2013, 07:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9

425 posts
I hope this is the right place to post, if not I apologize and hope that someone can point me to the right forum to ask.

So I rooted my nexus 10 when I got it a few months ago and now it tells me there is a system update. I can't install the update at all. Is there a way to do this without losing root? I don't have any custom roms installed at all, just stock with root. Your help is appreciated!
19th February 2013, 10:29 PM   |  #2  
Flag Murfreesboro, TN
Thanks Meter: 59

346 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick311

I hope this is the right place to post, if not I apologize and hope that someone can point me to the right forum to ask.

So I rooted my nexus 10 when I got it a few months ago and now it tells me there is a system update. I can't install the update at all. Is there a way to do this without losing root? I don't have any custom roms installed at all, just stock with root. Your help is appreciated!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1916 <--Q&A
The Following User Says Thank You to Alleycat68 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 10:41 PM   |  #3  
Flag Greensboro
Thanks Meter: 75

164 posts
More
I had the same problem. But after a factory reset, mine updated successfully.After update finished i just rooted back.
The Following User Says Thank You to isoul For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2013, 05:53 PM   |  #4  
Cincinnati, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 33

106 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick311

Do you have a custom recovery installed? If so download and fastboot flash the stock recovery ----> https://www.dropbox.com/s/bikq8zz2i4p3bf1/recovery.img

Should let you OTA update after that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread