5,597,397 Members 31,192 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Was this thread helpfull
Yes 205 94.91%
No 11 5.09%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

-THE ULTIMATE =BATTERY LIFE + GAMING PERFORMANCE=[setup/guide/UNDERVOLTING-explained]

Tip us?

GuyAdams
Old
Thanks Meter 2177

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: UPDATED-ViperX review[(setup/guide)]-THE ULTIMATE =BATTERY LIFE + GAMING PERFORMA

Fresh install of Renovate 1.1 with the XM #106 you posted in the OP result in a reboot for me whilst running Antutu.

Modules installed, governor default (smartmax), scheduler default (noop) with read ahead 4048mb and no UV.

Can anyone else confirm this please?
Device: HTC One (M8)
ROM: Renovate Revision (who knows) by mwilky
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.2

Shan89
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2258
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyAdams View Post
Fresh install of Renovate 1.1 with the XM #106 you posted in the OP result in a reboot for me whilst running Antutu.

Modules installed, governor default (smartmax), scheduler default (noop) with read ahead 4048mb and no UV.

Can anyone else confirm this please?
That's weird , no one reported a single reboot with 106# , 106# is rock stable, could be some bug or bad flash, did you experience any other reboots in the meantime or only that one ? Btw did you repack , cuz the link from my OP is not repacked, it's just the link to XM kernels page.
HTC One X - The ultimate guide for battery life + performance[accurate UV values CPU & GPU, GPU OC/UC, EMC Oc(ram) safe freqs][PMC v8 setup for extreme battery and PMC v8 for performance FOR EVERYONE with SMARTMAX governor][SetCPU Guide/ Profiles SENSE & AOSP]-Updated 15.5.2013

Xperia Z1 PORT - App/Launcher/Widgets/Keyboard - ALL DEVICES
The Following User Says Thank You to Shan89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Shan89
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2258
Btw a quick review of 3.17.xx.xx base. Used Sky Dragon v4 rom:

It's a little bit snappier then 3.14.xx.xx and overall little bit faster, i'd say maybe 10% faster then 3.14.xx.xx. As far as the battery goes it was great on SD rom and Xm kernel, none issues what so ever from my point of view, very fast and stable, gaming was very smooth , and my impression : It's a great stock looking rom with great batery and performance.
HTC One X - The ultimate guide for battery life + performance[accurate UV values CPU & GPU, GPU OC/UC, EMC Oc(ram) safe freqs][PMC v8 setup for extreme battery and PMC v8 for performance FOR EVERYONE with SMARTMAX governor][SetCPU Guide/ Profiles SENSE & AOSP]-Updated 15.5.2013

Shan89
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2258
Op - updated, new kernel.

high_voltage
Old
Thanks Meter 343
Shan... how is the new #134 kernel? Is it good for viper rom? Battery life? Performance? Gaming performance(vs lighter rom? For example how is shadowgun handling?)? Can you access files on your computer with viper/xm kernel? Are the tweaks working? Sorry if I ask a lot, but I relay on your feedback. Cheers!
HTC One X

Shan89
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2258
Quote:
Originally Posted by high_voltage View Post
Shan... how is the new #134 kernel? Is it good for viper rom? Battery life? Performance? Gaming performance(vs lighter rom? For example how is shadowgun handling?)? Can you access files on your computer with viper/xm kernel? Are the tweaks working? Sorry if I ask a lot, but I relay on your feedback. Cheers!
Hey , well the kernel is awesome , we finally got 267gpu min freq which boosted overall speed in system, viper is fast like it never was , all the tweeks that come with the rom are working except the mass storage which aint that much important if you ask me, gaming is smooth as always as for lighter roms i have no idea but they should be faster in everything compared to Viper , as for battery it seams to be okay , haven't got the chance to test it entierly yet, but hopefully i will. Overall 134# is my favorite for now quiet happy with it, just don't forget to repack it before flashing onto any rom , or you'll end up with sdcard /0 then you'll have to copy all the data from there onto sdcard / .

The Following User Says Thank You to Shan89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

high_voltage
Old
Thanks Meter 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan89 View Post
Hey , well the kernel is awesome , we finally got 267gpu min freq which boosted overall speed in system, viper is fast like it never was , all the tweeks that come with the rom are working except the mass storage which aint that much important if you ask me, gaming is smooth as always as for lighter roms i have no idea but they should be faster in everything compared to Viper , as for battery it seams to be okay , haven't got the chance to test it entierly yet, but hopefully i will. Overall 134# is my favorite for now quiet happy with it, just don't forget to repack it before flashing onto any rom , or you'll end up with sdcard /0 then you'll have to copy all the data from there onto sdcard / .
Thanks mate! I am on viper+xm #134 repacked ofc and I love it!
I just really hope xm gives us cpu oc+gpu oc possibility(this will be nice too). He doesn't need to make the oc default... he just need to uncap the limit(maybe@special separated kernel version or variant based max cap). I am variant 2, btw... nowhere near 3(tho your cpu is really good deal.. even for variant 3, but as we know even in variants there is a chance for good/bad cpu), but I bough the phone the moment it came out, so not that bad.
HTC One X

Shan89
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2258
Quote:
Originally Posted by high_voltage View Post
Thanks mate! I am on viper+xm #134 repacked ofc and I love it!
I just really hope xm gives us cpu oc+gpu oc possibility(this will be nice too). He doesn't need to make the oc default... he just need to uncap the limit(maybe@special separated kernel version or variant based max cap). I am variant 2, btw... nowhere near 3(tho your cpu is really good deal.. even for variant 3, but as we know even in variants there is a chance for good/bad cpu), but I bough the phone the moment it came out, so not that bad.
Np , and you should switch onto 139# it has improved a bit regarding the battery , as for 134# it appears it had some strange bug with GPU and causing reboots.

shree.cse
Old
Thanks Meter 1549
Default Re: UPDATED-ViperX review[(setup/guide)]-THE ULTIMATE =BATTERY LIFE + GAMING PERFORMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan89 View Post
Np , and you should switch onto 139# it has improved a bit regarding the battery , as for 134# it appears it had some strange bug with GPU and causing reboots.
Mate, how do u constantly able to hit 6 hours of screen on time? I can't even reach 3.5 hours Mark constantly. I'm on viper x and #106 with smart max governor and noob scheduler. I have to stay off betas as I need my phone always for calls. Any suggestions? Thanks for the guide

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Kernel: Stock
My thread: Repacked Kernels for InsertCoin Evolution
HTC HD2===>HTC DESIRE HD===>HTC ONE X===>HTC ONE 64GB
Hit on if my post helps you!

Shan89
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2258
Quote:
Originally Posted by shree.cse View Post
Mate, how do u constantly able to hit 6 hours of screen on time? I can't even reach 3.5 hours Mark constantly. I'm on viper x and #106 with smart max governor and noob scheduler. I have to stay off betas as I need my phone always for calls. Any suggestions? Thanks for the guide

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Well there are many things that can cause low screen on time , usually everyone reporting 5+ hours screen on time with 106# , you could be having bunch of wakelocks or perhaps you're constantly on 3g network, none of us did test with 3g network, maybe you use too high brightness, i can't really know without you telling me your usage. As for me 5-6 hours is minimum on very heavy usage with 106#.

As for suggestion i don't have any really without knowing your avarage usage. Please write it here so i can try to help you out.

Tags
battery life, guides, max performance, undervolting